Awoo.

Someone who understand about Virtual Machines could help me?

Solister

So, I want do a Retro PC virtual machine to play some old games that aren't compatible with Windows 10 or don't support x64 architecture. I'm using Oracle VM VirtualBox and decided to download Windows 98 because of some gaming reasons and personal reasons. But I'm having some issues that aren't making me happy.

The first one, it's that I don't know/can't configure the system sound. Yeah, it's looks like a simple question, but I don't have any idea what do. I have tried all the 6 possibilities at the Virtual Machine Configuration, but nothing worked. May can be some driver I don't know that I've to install in Win98, but I don't know what driver it's.

The second one, it's that I don't have internet access. I tried to follow two tutorials that explained the same but don't worked. I'm using a Wireless Notebook, but the Internet Explorer don't recognize. At the Windows 98 Start Menu (I love that music...) it shows that Internet Access is checked but when I try to search something or access some site it says "The page could not be displayed" and "Internet Explorer could not open the search page". In fact Internet it won't my priority, if the next situation could be fixed.

The third and last one, is if it's possible to copy files from My PC and pass to the Virtual Machine. Because every game I have (And most downloaded too), are in my PC, so I want something like: Do Ctrl + C in Windows 10, Ctrl + V in Windows 98, and tada! the files are pasted from Win10 to Win98.

If this work, I certainly will do a topic showing my experience.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solister

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic