Awoo.

Should Sticks join the main universe?

Klinsy

DHf2jsZVYAEz27w.jpg

Of all the characters in the Boomverse, Sticks seems to be the one Sega and Sonic Team seem to be willing to use, she appeared in Sonic Runners and the latest installment of Mario and Sonic, she was the representative of Boom in the Archie comics crossovers, and as you can see above, she is to be found a bit frequently in Sonic Channel.

Now, I fear Boom isn't going to last forever and I like the character a lot, so for her to be gone forever if there ever isn't no more Boom would be a real downer.

So, would you be open to her joining the main universe officially?   Why or why not? I think I made it clear where I stand on this, but I  don't want her to make her canon debut in Forces because she would lost in all that's going on already, I think it's best to introduce her in a place less chaotic to let her introduction feel natural.

Spoiler

I know all of you are going to make Marine jokes but she doesn't live in the main universe, she lives in the Sol Dimension :P

• Thumbs Up 6

I think I read somewhere that she was designed by Sonic Team for Sonic Boom.

It wouldn't surprise me if she shows up in Forces as an established character without an introduction. 

The most likely solution would be to introduce her after Boom is over, she has a lot of fans and it would be a waste to drop her along with Boom, even Iizuka seems to care for her. I'd love for her to be in Forces, after all she did say the robot apocalypse was coming...

• Thumbs Up 2

To be as blunt as possible, absolutely.

Sticks would be a lovely addition to the main universe. Honestly, just cause it fits her nature, I'd like it if she actually is still completely self-aware of everything she experienced in Boom as well and makes funny little comments about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

She's like... just as annoying as Marine, if not worse due to having an actual voice to go with her stupid dialogue. I don't think I can handle her already-intolerable idiocy in the main series

I'm against the idea of permanently retiring characters, and as Marine is in any case a Sonic Team character, then why not?  Sega never seem to have been very enthusiastic about the idea of Boom as a separate universe anyway, and she's shown up in enough non-Boom games that she might have joined the main universe already.

As much as I like Sonic Boom, I've never been a fan of Sticks. She's an incredibly one-note character whose personality revolves around a single joke.

"Paranoid conspiracy theorist" is a quirk, not an entire personality. You have to have a little more to a character to make them likable in my opinion, and Sticks just doesn't have much beyond this single trait.

• Thumbs Up 3

At some point I'd love to see it! I love her character! xD

She'd need to be written slightly different to fit in... Regardless it should work fine. I don't think right now it is needed... Maybe at some point after the TV series ends.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

As much as I like Sonic Boom, I've never been a fan of Sticks. She's an incredibly one-note character whose personality revolves around a single joke.

I'd argue all the characters in Boom feel like one note characters once you stop to think about it. Most of their personalities tend to be flat worse versions of the game characters. And Sonic Team far as all you know could and likely would write her little different then as she is in the TV series.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Sticks is a decent enough character concept and I don't think she'd be out of place in the main series (maybe with a slight redesign), but the series has enough trouble managing the characters it's already got. It should be reevaluating how it uses its existing cast before worrying about bringing more characters in.

3 hours ago, big_smile said:

I think I read somewhere that she was designed by Sonic Team for Sonic Boom.

It wouldn't surprise me if she shows up in Forces as an established character without an introduction. 

They never gave her an introduction in Boom either tbf

2 hours ago, Dr. Mechano said:

"Paranoid conspiracy theorist" is a quirk, not an entire personality. You have to have a little more to a character to make them likable in my opinion, and Sticks just doesn't have much beyond this single trait.

She has way more stuff than theories. She is a lovable paranoid, cynic, expert survivalist, heroic, full of energy, wild, unpredictable, smart and capable of making her own set of weapons. She can even play the banjo (random little trivia). Make sure you know her before making such statements.

• Thumbs Up 4

While Sticks really grates my nerves from what little I've seen of Boom, the main games seem to play down the conspiracy theory angle and play up her aversion to modern culture, so she's a lot better there to me. 

• Thumbs Up 2