Awoo.

Things you'll never get tired of in Sonic

PKGaming

So I know some of us are tired of seeing so many returning concepts in Sonic games lately and would like them to do something new, but what are some elements of Sonic that you don't think you'd ever get tired of and wouldn't mind seeing again in future titles? For me: 

- I know this is gonna be a controversial one and I'm clearly in the minority but...Green Hill Zone. I know people are sick of seeing it everywhere, but I LOVE Green Hill Zone. I have so many fond memories of that stage and the music, oh my GOD, the music! I don't really like hearing that Forces will supposedly have returning stages once again, but Green Hill Zone is one exception. I never mind seeing it implemented in games. It's like Whispy Woods from Kirby. It's always the first boss, but I never mind fighting him.

- I will never get tired of fighting Metal Sonic with Stardust Speedway playing as the battle theme. Every time it happens, I'm always so pumped! If there's a Metal Sonic fight in Forces and Stardust Speedway doesn't play, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed...

- I'll never get tired of the 3 elemental shields. I'd love to see them implemented in a full 3D Sonic. 

- Another controversial one. I'll never get tired of Shadow. I really wanna play as him again. I think he has the potential to be a really fun playable character if done right. Just no guns, please.

• Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, PKGaming said:

So I know some of us are tired of seeing so many returning concepts in Sonic games lately and would like them to do something new, but what are some elements of Sonic that you don't think you'd ever get tired of and wouldn't mind seeing again in future titles? For me: 

- I know this is gonna be a controversial one and I'm clearly in the minority but...Green Hill Zone. I know people are sick of seeing it everywhere, but I LOVE Green Hill Zone. I have so many fond memories of that stage and the music, oh my GOD, the music! I don't really like hearing that Forces will supposedly have returning stages once again, but Green Hill Zone is one exception. I never mind seeing it implemented in games. It's like Whispy Woods from Kirby. It's always the first boss, but I never mind fighting him.

- I will never get tired of fighting Metal Sonic with Stardust Speedway playing as the battle theme. Every time it happens, I'm always so pumped! If there's a Metal Sonic fight in Forces and Stardust Speedway doesn't play, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed...

- I'll never get tired of the 3 elemental shields. I'd love to see them implemented in a full 3D Sonic. 

- Another controversial one. I'll never get tired of Shadow. I really wanna play as him again. I think he has the potential to be a really fun playable character if done right. Just no guns, please.

Yes to all of this! I don't think I'd want Shadow as a playable character, but as a rival, he's more than welcome to stay.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll never get tired of playing Sonic 1, 2, 3&K (especially S3&K) from start to end every few months. I'm sure Mania will join that list once it's released on PC.

I'll never get tired of asking Sega for a S3&K remaster XD

I'll never get tired of playing Sonic 2 competition mode (Mania will join this too).

• Thumbs Up 1

The buildup of speed from rolling downhill.

Using speed and slopes to make huge jumps.

Bouncing off an enemy after a huge fall and rocketing back up.

Wallrunning.

• Thumbs Up 9

The stories! I absolutely love the stories and how they play out and Sonic never fails to make things interesting!

Lore! I love things that build up a large story or connect to another in someway.

Character interactions! And lastly, Shadow and Silver. Two favourite characters in the series, hoping they stick around for a long time to come.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll never get sick of Amy Rose! I'll also probably never get sick of anything in Sonic lol. Even my complaints aren't enough to make me quit! I do really miss the other characters being more involved so I guess I'm sick of the newer games' storylines? Still, I'd play them anyways lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

When you bop Eggman on his bald head and he looks at you with "OH!" expression.

Then when he hits you and he laughs, the bastard.

• Thumbs Up 5

I can't relate with the first two.

But these.

6 hours ago, PKGaming said:

- Another controversial one. I'll never get tired of Shadow. I really wanna play as him again. I think he has the potential to be a really fun playable character if done right. Just no guns, please.

I can.

Also Tails. For being the second introduced Sonic character. He really needs a 3d game that takes full potential of his flying abilities and vehicle/gadget usage.

I'll never get tired of flying freely like I did with him in Sonic Adventure 1.

• Thumbs Up 2

Music for sure. In fact, I think at some point, I was more fan of Sonic game's music, than the games itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/18/2017 at 2:49 PM, Diogenes said:

The buildup of speed from rolling downhill.

Using speed and slopes to make huge jumps.

Bouncing off an enemy after a huge fall and rocketing back up.

Wallrunning.

Ah, a fan of wallrunning are ya?

201310191959055ebs.jpg

I gotchu fam ?

• Chuckle 1

I am okay with Green Hill Zone type levels. I thought it was always normal to always start on a nice Green Hill Zone type level. It is like your home base to begin exploring the other levels.

I will definitely never get tired of Tails since he has been my most favorite since I was little with Sonic always maintaining number 2. Tails has so much potential if given the chance to shine. He is more than just the cute adorable smart shy fox. He can kick butt too if needed.

Another thing I would not get tired of is hearing "It's No Use!" from Silver.

And yes the music is always nice.

9 hours ago, JingleBoy said:

Ah, a fan of wallrunning are ya?

201310191959055ebs.jpg

I gotchu fam ?

Even Lost World's wallrunning is better than no wallrunning.

Honestly, just seeing the characters on screen. It's such a minor thing but I'm the kind of person who likes to marvel at the simple act of video gaming bringing to life characters and personas that don't really exist in a medium that allows me to actually interact with them on some level. 

It's so small and can be applied to literally any video game but Sonic's my favorite series so it's the one it matters the most to me I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 4

Knuckles being an idiot(lol I just love poor old gullible Knuckles humor.)

Blaze The Cat.  The only female character with a Super Form(because she's an alternate Sonic in the form of a cat).  Never change Blazey!

Modern Sonic.  I love the look so much.

Lil Bro Classic Sonic(Sonic Generations introduced him and I'm glad he's back in a fashion for Forces).

Returning Zones...err, sort of. Even though they definitely shouldn't be the majority of levels in a new game, I do love seeing old locations return. The novelty of it hasn't worn off for me and I don't think it will anytime soon.

Here's a really weird one: tunnels, like the Ƨ-shaped ones in Green Hill (though the more "complex"-than-usual ones in CD are my faves). They're fun! This applies to the mechanical and more automatic ones too like the tubes in Chemical Plant or the ones in Scrap Brain, the contrast between the tunnels found in organic Zones is interesting to me.

super forms 

From 2d specifically: those loop de loops, and the weird wtf stage (hillbilly top zone, spring yard, carnival night) 

from 3d: Side stepping, grinding, boosting. Water running (when its not a slideshow)

The amazing animations that perfectly capture a tone, somewhere between the action of early Dragon Ball, and the slapstick of Looney Tunes, that perfectly fits this franchise like a glove.

CD, the Movie /OVA and now Sonic Mania

Spoiler

GIA9bqh.png

Spoiler

IiGg7gF.png

Spoiler

gIf076N.png

• Thumbs Up 1