Awoo.

Forces story: what would you like to see.

Red Hot Jack

I would like the tone to be that of SA1 and Unleashed. And honestly the way Eggman is portrayed during the boss fight reminds me of Lego Dimension kind of banter, which a lot of people praised. I don't like Infinite's personality so far as it seems too generic for a villain. Iizuka said the tone will not be all dark and gloomy.

Well, to be blunt, I want to see it not suck. Not a lot of stories in Sonic games are good, so I'm keeping exceptions VERY low. I welcome the more serious tone though. It's a nice change of pace after the Pontaff games. A tone more akin to Adventure 1 or Unleashed please.

A good story.

...Ahem, I'd like to see Sonic and Tails be actual bros, and for Infinite's weird arse shit

Spoiler

especially after Mania

to get explained.

For the tone to be like Unleashed. Thankfully the game is actually giving me Unleashed vibes so for me that's a good thing.

And also I hope that they give us a good plot twist about Infinite.

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Big-C said:

Well, to be blunt, I want to see it not suck. Not a lot of stories in Sonic games are good, so I'm keeping exceptions VERY low. I welcome the more serious tone though. It's a nice change of pace after the Pontaff games. A tone more akin to Adventure 1 or Unleashed please.

Not sucking also depends on your tastes, for example of you are not a fan of serious stories it will suck for you.

Not being shit

Not fucking up shadow for a cheap nostalgia boss fight

I want the 2nd thing more than the first thing tbh

I want to see Infinite or whatever macguffin is responsible for all of this wipe out Modern Sonic completely. Just have this whole branch of reality collapse in on itself so they can replace it with (hopefully) something better.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

Just have one solid tone with decent writing. That isn't asking for much honestly, so hopefully expecting THAT isn't to unrealistic. Sonic's story hasn't been good since Unleashed for me personally, so not holding my breath.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

I want to see Infinite or whatever macguffin is responsible for all of this wipe out Modern Sonic completely. Just have this whole branch of reality collapse in on itself so they can replace it with (hopefully) something better.

That sounds worse and would result in a giant backlash against Sega. 

That sounds like inviting a toxicity in the sonic community that, I don't think you even want. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't see how admitting that the series has become a mess and trying to clean things up and do better is inviting more toxicity and backlash than there already is for continuing the endless string of mistakes and bad decisions that make up Modern Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

A competently handled and well-paced story with consistent characterisation/tone and little-to-no plot holes is what I'd really want from Forces.

I sincerely doubt we'll get all of those things (or any of them judging from what we've seen), but a guy can dream right?

• Thumbs Up 1

What'd I would like to see brought back

Somewhat unlikely:

* The side of the moon that was destroyed

* Little Planet AKA the Death Egg 2

* Eggmanland

* The Eclipse Cannon and ARK

Very unlikely

* That third Death Egg from Battle

* Gemerl 

* That black ball Metal Sonic found

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

I don't see how admitting that the series has become a mess and trying to clean things up and do better is inviting more toxicity and backlash than there already is for continuing the endless string of mistakes and bad decisions that make up Modern Sonic.

It's not a mess honestly in every forces thread all you do is jump in to complain of how bad the modern games stories are we get it. We don't care

For me is like to see infinite escape and be sort of a threat still out there like the egg heavies

• Thumbs Up 2

As other people said, my expectations are really damn low for this story. I expect a boring story with 1 or 2 good moments, surrounded by a bunch of plot holes and Sonic and friends being out of character for most of the time.

I kinda feel like being super-passionate about a Sonic story rewriting itself or whatever is putting a little too much weight into the wrong focus of the series. But hey, maybe that's just me.

In general, I'd say Forces plot can be whatever it wants as long as it's not completely disgusting or series-destroying. What it really needs is good character interactions. No plot in the Sonic series is actually good, you see, and this one will be no different. What saves the bad writing of the games whose plots people like is good character dynamics and dialogue.

If it can't be either of those things, then at best it should be unintrusive. Just let me play the levels and don't piss me off, and I probably won't give a shit if your plot is stupid.

25 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

As other people said, my expectations are really damn low for this story. I expect a boring story with 1 or 2 good moments, surrounded by a bunch of plot holes and Sonic and friends being out of character for most of the time.

Why would they be out of character...that hasn't happened enough to be an expected thing.

3 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Because this isn't the time for that. 

I was at one point with on the " they should just reboot sonic in its entirety and just make separate types of sonic game" However rebooting elements of 3d sonic and 2d sonic still existing would probably anger a lot of fans especially any elements they like that would literally be left to be forgotten. They might also feel betrayed because 2 elements of the franchise got to stay the same but theirs didn't. 

You think arguments between sonic fans are bad now, there would be a whole other type of " this is your fault " virtiol , that would now be coming from the other side of the fence. And I don't think sega wants that, I don't think you are anyone else in the fanbase wants that 

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd love to see something along the lines of Black Knight again. A story that takes itself seriously when it needs to but can always find a way to crack a joke every now and then. All while utilizing every character within the game as well.

So, basically your average pg rated story telling standard. Don't know why Sega has a hard time meeting that nowadays but hey.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Because this isn't the time for that. 

And when is the time for that? Because it sounds an awful lot like "never".

If Sonic Team's too afraid to change anything for fear of pissing off some group of fans, nothing's ever going to get better.

Just now, Diogenes said:

And when is the time for that? Because it sounds an awful lot like "never".

If Sonic Team's too afraid to change anything for fear of pissing off some group of fans, nothing's ever going to get better.

...even though this game makes a lot of choices that pissed off strict classic fans?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

all you do is jump in to complain of how bad the modern games stories are we get it. We don't care

Wow, to think there are people on Earth that don't like the same things you do. How surreal.

• Thumbs Up 1