Awoo.

Forces story: what would you like to see.

Red Hot Jack

I honestly don't get why people compare TWO seperate games? It's almost as obnoxious as the Saitama One Punch Man fans crowing that "Saitama is the ultimate HERO" in similar but obviously completely different manga/anime. (Seriously, it's all I hear in the My Hero Academia fandom gdi OPM fans stahhhhp!) And yeah, I know at the end of the day the two games are both SONIC games but they were obviously made for different reasons! It's unfair and bad reviewing to compare Forces to Mania when they're both trying to achieve different objectives! (kinda sorta?). Plus there's the case that Forces isn't even out yet. :T 

• Thumbs Up 2

Aw I'm sorry Kuzu :( . Do you not even like Mania, that's supposed to be really good and is getting really good reviews!

I just wanted to get across that I think sometimes it's easy to get embroiled in negativity, when it doesn't necesarily accomplish a lot, but you are right, I probably don't know enough to say!

And I don't want to be rude saying this but, if you don't like what Sonic Team are doing then why do you still follow them? I didn't like where Crash went after Twinsanity so just moved onto other things. At the least, I hope you don't buy it when it comes out, the only way to send a message to a company is not to buy their products.

But I hope you get the game you want one day. Mania happeend, so anything is possible :) .

And being bitter still isn't healthy. I mean, they admitted the game isn't shit in quality, they just have a beef with it because of its choices.

3 minutes ago, Chameleon of the Spoilers said:

And there is nothing wrong with being a normal 3D game, Colors and Generations were successful, so Forces can achieve that if it follows its steps. I remember one critic that said Forces was good but in comparison to Mania it was garbage, probably right but I found that complaint very unfair.

So what do I get from playing Sonic Forces over say, Super Mario Odyssey? If Sonic Forces is just a "normal" 3D game, why should anyone bother with it? What about it excels over other 3D platformers, or previous 3D Sonic games?

If you like and were interested in stuff like the Avatar, fine. But what if you aren't?

@Kuzu the Boloedge Sometimes we just lose our connection with long time favorite games! Specially ones as storied as the Sonic franchise! I was like this with Kingdom Hearts for a few years but now I've come back and enjoy it a lot more. Maybe take a break from Team Sonic and the Sonic fandom for a bit? If you continue to obsess over it you'll only get bitter to the point that you become outright pessimistic! >:

From what I can see, Forces looks really fun because it provides cool, fast thrills that no other game can provide. From what I can tell anyway, it's really fast :o .

Just now, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

So what do I get from playing Sonic Forces over say, Super Mario Odyssey? If Sonic Forces is just a "normal" 3D game, why should anyone bother with it? What about it excels over other 3D platformers, or previous 3D Sonic games?

If you like and were interested in stuff like the Avatar, fine. But what if you aren't?

Because I thought you were a Sonic fan. Again, you are comparing different games as an argument for downplaying Forces. And I already said it's possible to enjoy different games for different reasons. A main Mario game will never give me the speed and thrill Sonic gives me.

@Josef Yeah! Gotta go fast! :'D I like speed (tho I absolutely abhor heights...) so the feeling of going "supersonic speeds" in a Sonic game appeals to me more than you can imagine! x) I just hope the controls are too tanky or floaty. Please Sega, make it FUN to control for once! Dx

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Josef said:

Aw I'm sorry Kuzu :( . Do you not even like Mania, that's supposed to be really good and is getting really good reviews!

Oh naw, I fucking love Mania lol. Best game in years. It's Mania makes something like Forces all the more frustrating to see.

3 minutes ago, Josef said:

I just wanted to get across that I think sometimes it's easy to get embroiled in negativity, when it doesn't necesarily accomplish a lot, but you are right, I probably don't know enough to say!

And I don't want to be rude saying this but, if you don't like what Sonic Team are doing then why do you still follow them? I didn't like where Crash went after Twinsanity so just moved onto other things. At the least, I hope you don't buy it when it comes out, the only way to send a message to a company is not to buy their products.

But I hope you get the game you want one day. Mania happeend, so anything is possible :) .

I've for the most just moved on, I haven't bought a Sonic game since Generations. I'm mostly a Fighting game and a JRPG player now, but Sonic is where I met a lot of people so I peep in every now and then and talk. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

Well just think Kuzu, the Mania guys will probably get more chances to make great games now with Mania's success. So even though you don't like the Sonic Team direction that at least is really good :)

@Kuzu the Boloedge That's great! Speaking of JRPGs (but also not wanting to go off topic) Are you excited for Ni no Kuni 2? :'D and Dissida for the Ps4!?

Honestly I'm not expecting Forces to be Adventure good or anything. To me, no future Sonic games will have the same FEEL of the Adventure series. Plus, some Adventure fans fail to notice the obvious FLAWS in the game and let Nostalgia cloud their judgement >>; (Seriously I think the reason we even REMEMBER the adventure games is because of the Chao Garden LOL)

7 minutes ago, Roxas said:

@Kuzu the Boloedge Sometimes we just lose our connection with long time favorite games! Specially ones as storied as the Sonic franchise! I was like this with Kingdom Hearts for a few years but now I've come back and enjoy it a lot more. Maybe take a break from Team Sonic and the Sonic fandom for a bit? If you continue to obsess over it you'll only get bitter to the point that you become outright pessimistic! >:

I haven't bought a game for 6 years man lol. I'm a fighting game player now lol. And a part time JRPG player.

6 minutes ago, Chameleon of the Spoilers said:

Because I thought you were a Sonic fan. Again, you are comparing different games as an argument for downplaying Forces. And I already said it's possible to enjoy different games for different reasons. A main Mario game will never give me the speed and thrill Sonic gives me.

I'm comparing them to illustrate how Forces is lacking next to other games of the same genre. But I did also mention how does Forces compare to other 3D Sonic games and other Sonic games in general. 

5 minutes ago, Josef said:

Well just think Kuzu, the Mania guys will probably get more chances to make great games now with Mania's success. So even though you don't like the Sonic Team direction that at least is really good :)

I'm still holding out for a 3D Sonic game that builds on the older concepts of the early 3D titles, but I've kind of realized that's a bit of a pipe dream lol.

4 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Because some of us actually want a 3D Sonic game to actually be in 3D and not having more than half of the game in 2D

33 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

Because some of us actually want a 3D Sonic game to actually be in 3D and not having more than half of the game in 2D

But Forces` has more 2D than 3D though...

55 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

But Forces` has more 2D than 3D though...

Apologies. I might have been confused when you said "normal". 

(why does any topic that has Forces in the title turn have to turn into a "this game sucks because i said so" fight?)

I want to see The characters in generation actually do something, like fighting the death egg robos in the background or clearing obstacles out of your way in the stages. So that they can contribute to the plot.

Sonic is cool but i want to see Avatar's interactions with the resistance and the enemy.

A scene with the resistance telling the Avatar "NO! its too dangerous" as they're about to take on one of the elite would be cliche as fuck but it'd be cool character building.

I am just praying we don't get baldy McNosehair 2: it wasn't funny in the first place, and instead get sonic getting thrashed because of his insane ego

• Thumbs Up 3

Spoiler

If Mania's ending is any indication of how Classic Sonic arrived in Forces, hopefully they will establish what exactly went wrong that caused him to enter Modern Sonic's dimension instead of treating it as a "shit happens, Phantom Ruby warped Classic Sonic." A story whose premise revolves around "shit happens" does not make for a good work of fiction and would clearly show that they there were trying to shoehorn Classic Sonic into Forces.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hrm...... What I want to see from Sonic Forces?

Wants ; 

A consistent storyline that isn't just crammed into two minute long cinematic cutscenes. (Basically you can literally watch the whole plot like a movie if you put all the scenes together!)

I want a reason for things to happen! I also want events on things happening outside of our Avatar and the Sonics! Give us insight on the going on's! What's happening at the HQ while the Sonics and Avatar are out bustin' up some badniks!? (I wouldn't mind seeing Team Chaotix and Knuckles playing some Go Fish or something while waiting for a radio update! xD)

HUB WORLD WHERE WE CAN DO STUFF AND CONNECT TO LEVELS. It would be EVEN COOLER if the Hub was our "Sonic Underground" base! x3

Maybe have some simple + fun mini games? Idk, something to distract us for a bit cause saving the world gets tiring!

Let us at least talk to the Sonic characters outside of Missions! D': It could be a voice clip of Amy saying: "That Eggman closed down all my favorite shops! That jerk!" Or something just as inane I don't care I wanna take photos of my character hanging out with Sonic & Co! Dx

EASTER EGGS! LOTS AND LOTS OF EASTER EGGS! <3

Visual progress of us taking back our world! It could be a freaking color coded map for all I care! Just don't make it a simple percentage!

REBEL GROUP FINDING! Seriously the whole world can't be on fire and/or living is despair! I'm sure there's brave folks just like the Avatar who would join the Resistance! >:O

Needs ;

SERIOUSLY WE NEED A HUB WORLD! What's the point of making our Avatars looking snazzy as heck if we're in levels all the time!?

More things to do than JUST missions! Some variety would be nice! <3

Fun BOSS FIGHTS. I wanna fight Shadow old school style! Like when at the Jungle level in SA2!

And finally... REPLAYABILITY! Give me a reason to believe that "Fun is Infinite!" You can't just make that your game's slogan and NOT make the game replayable! Let us play multiple times to unlock cool stuffs! Give us a New Game +! I don't want to spend 60 USD, beat the game in three hours and then set it aside to collect dust! D': Sega, please!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

2 minutes ago, Roxas said:

Fun BOSS FIGHTS. I wanna fight Shadow old school style! Like when at the Jungle level in SA2!

you mean flying up to the moon with those homing attacks? that's more silly than challenging fun. (the stage names were green forest and white jungle)

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, sonicdudeatdawn said:

you mean flying up to the moon with those homing attacks? that's more silly than challenging fun. (the stage names were green forest and white jungle)

True! And whoops! My mistake xD I'm going off of 10+ years of nostalgic memories and nothing else xD Thanks! But nah, not the 'flying to the moon' part - just the whole fighting one-on-one fight! Hell fighting the G.U.N bot was neat too! If not a tad annoying >>;;

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Roxas said:

G.U.N

YES! That's what they were called! I hope they (barring the jackass general from Shadow the hedgehog) return in some way.

seeing the crazy gun truck (with saws what psycho does that?) go after a death egg robot would be something i'd stop and watch, While we're at it: thrown in some whales too.

this would be the dumbest but best sonic game out there

• Thumbs Up 1

Alterations to cutscenes based on the Avatar's gender and species. That'd be pretty neat.

In depth background into Infinite. Believe it or not I think he'll be a unique villain in the franchise (so basically if they do some decent stuff with him - don't make it cliche or kill it off at the end. Mephilles suffered from being one dimensional and the generic angsty clone of a clone).

Finally, a good explanation to shadow's betrayal. Think it'll be a repeat of how the Boom games portrayed him with mind control.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but the more that comes out, the more it seems this version of Shadow was yoinkd from the past. 

Then again maybe this could be a good thing. Maybe the modern Shadow comes in and tells him what happened. 

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I'd prefer if the story was actually divided amongst the three characters like the Adventure series and Mania did with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

1. We have Modern Sonic having to deal with failure and battle amongst enemies he's battled in the past.

2. We have Classic Sonic venturing in a world that is completely unknown to him and recognize how this world differs from his own. Does Classic Sonic have his own villains to face as does Modern Sonic with Chaos, Metal Sonic, Shadow, and Zavoc?

3. We have OC witnessing tragedies that impels him to be a hero. What emotional turmoil is the OC experiencing and what exactly impels him to be a hero when world-wide disasters presented in the Adventure series or Unleashed have never provoked a response. Perhaps even part of the story revolves around the OC first developing and training himself to be a hero.

I don't mind the story's premise because it's designed in a way that can easily develop these three characters we play and fashion their own perspectives of the situation. We have Modern Sonic losing for a change, Classic Sonic venturing in the unknown, and the OC's story/legend of how he became a hero. Those can certainly make for a wholesome story for each respective character.

• Thumbs Up 2

I believe there have been some Shun Nakamura tweets indicating that that kind of multi-perspective story might indeed be what we're getting.  In that light, the tag team levels might be rare moments when the different characters' stories cross over.

I was toying with the idea yesterday that, if they do follow a multi-perspective story, then perhaps each character could have a unique final boss that contributes to the finale; the OC facing Infinite is, as others have pointed out, rather obvious considering the status of both as new and original characters, then you could throw Modern Sonic against Eggman as the main protagonist and antagonist, and Classic Sonic could fight...  Super Metal Sonic Kai or something like that.  That would have been interesting.  Although it seems more likely now that the final boss will be a triple Tag Team level instead.