Awoo.

Legendary TV Entertainer Bruce Forsyth Has Died Aged 89

TheOcelot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40978576

The former (UK) Strictly Come Dancing host had been unwell for some time and was in hospital earlier this year after a severe chest infection.

His long career in show business began when he was aged just 14. He became Britain's best-paid TV star, famous for hosting game shows like The Generation Game, Play Your Cards Right and The Price is Right.

RIP to a legend :(

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JezMM

• TheOcelot

• Mr Loopone

• E-122-Psi

Top Posters In This Topic

His heyday was just slightly before my time, but he was a consistent comfort presenter on TV who really felt like he'd be around forever for sure, definitely sad to see him go but at least he lived and entertained to a grand old age.

I just feel like a part of my childhood has gone... :( Rather like Jez, I wasn't around during his most popular time when he was doing the London Palladium or his first time doing the Generation Game/Play Your Cards Right however I got to see him during his last prime years. It is a bit hard to explain outside the UK how great he was since he was only really known outside of comedy/dancing/gameshow hosting for being in Bedknocks and Broomsticks, a lesser known Disney movie. When growing up, I didn't (and still don't) watch most live action TV and if I did it was either a live action cartoony comedy like Bottom or gameshows. Brucie was there with Play Your Cards Right (aka Card Sharks) and Price is Right, they were good shows in their own right but he made them into what they were despite being really American imports. Sadly I was just too young to see him personally even more so when I live pretty much opposite to the ITV studios that did those shows.

He always had a bit of class presenting his shows, he wasn't aggressive/a control freak but rather calm and caring for people and even when he made mistakes, they were soon corrected and laughed it off or parodied. He was multi talented such as he could dance at the same time as asking questions and telling jokes. Sure he had those catchphases but in a way, it wasn't Brucie without them. He was just a really likeable person no matter what age you were that itself is a big thing. What I also liked about him apart from his smile was that he was one of the few classic British entertainers/presenters that isn't a pedophile or a rapist and he hated those types of people too (he was wary of a certain famous person).

I was actually worried about him last year or so when he had an accident and has been poorly for a while so at least he won't have to suffer anymore. It was a funny case that he lived very well for his age but yet felt like it was a bit too soon at the same time. So rest in peace Sir Bruce Forsyth. I give condolences to his family who are pretty upset about this and can understand that they want to be left alone for a while.

Sad to hear another member of media as I grew up is gone. I mostly know him for his quiz show stuff in the nineties, he always seemed charming and he kept at it till only his final couple of years.