Awoo.

New stages hinted at in Infinite's trailer?

Red Hot Jack

I know it's been a month, not sure if this has been discussed, but Infinite's trailer shows bits of new locations along with Park Avenue and Green Hill, a yellow looking palace, and a place with grass and ruins (Kingdom Valley?). I already made a post about this but no one noticed, so I made a thread for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought that looked like Kingdom Valley too.

I wouldn't mind that level coming back, if it's anything like they did with Crisis City in Generations.

I'm guessing the palace has something to do with the gem. And don't get your hopes up for Crisis City, it could just be Sky Sanctuary again (REEEE!!!)

There's one during the black and white footage of the trailer, featuring hexagon shapes similar to certain levels in Lost World. 

I mean thinking about it just now, with the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse thing thats happening in the game featuring Shadow, Metal Sonic, Chaos and Zavok, I wouldn't be surprised if a level from each respective game made the cut into Forces. Like a Level from Sonic CD (Metal Sonic), Sonic Adventure (Chaos), Sonic Adventure 2 (Shadow) and Sonic Lost World (Zavok) 

With maybe a few original levels dotted out in between?

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

8 minutes ago, Scott said:

There's one during the black and white footage of the trailer, featuring hexagon shapes similar to certain levels in Lost World. 

I mean thinking about it just now, with the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse thing thats happening in the game featuring Shadow, Metal Sonic, Chaos and Zavok, I wouldn't be surprised if a level from each respective game made the cut into Forces. Like a Level from Sonic CD (Metal Sonic), Sonic Adventure (Chaos), Sonic Adventure 2 (Shadow) and Sonic Lost World (Zavok) 

With maybe a few original levels dotted out in between?

Not gonna lie I wouldn't mind that if is gonna be stages that weren't in Gens.

• Thumbs Up 4

25 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I really wanna see more of that ruins Zone we saw briefly. Modern Sonic games have levels that fit the ruins trope, but this looks more like the "traditional", Labyrinth-y kind, if that makes sense? And yet I don't think it's a returning Zone, tho' it could very well be.

Checking the trailer again for any other levels...that area at the very beginning of the trailer almost seems like an industrial from what I remember, probably an Eggman base or something? I just noticed there's this mechanical tree looking thing near the start. I don't...think it's familiar? As a stretch it could be a bad future take on a tree in Green Hill? Before moving on, I think this particular shot, as mentioned by Scott above:

543ca8aff3de4332cebdd8a28ec06af9.png

...is that very same base. Maybe. Not sure what else it could be, and it would make sense since it's in middle of other scenes that are most likely the same place.

ffea3d8e106c7a394d66604193291514.png

On the other hand, I'm kinda lost trying to figure out where this is. There's some trees that look similar to trees elsewhere in the trailer but everything else in the background seems different? I think it's best to assume this is the same area as this next screencap.

2cee14971c78e72a110a8caf107e7767.png

Okay, so I think the ruins here might be the same ones I mentioned earlier. Helping with this impression is that they cut to that very scene here, but they do definitely feel like they're from different scenes...

8fb67a7702798e37031c7fa837c158e8.png

The hints of Eggman's influence here are kinda interesting, I hadn't really noticed the pipes and stuff in the background before. One thing I can't figure out is if this is inside or outside the ruins...the lighting makes me think it's inside, but...eh, I'll chalk it up to the way they spliced these scenes together. I could see the forest outside and the inside being separate Zones, but it would also make sense if they were one in the same, since Marble and plenty of other levels throughout the series have both outside and inside sections.

Aaand that's that. In conclusion: my best guess is that there's two or three levels teased by the trailer. It'd be nice to see some of these in action sooner rather than later. Hint hint, SEGA.

Don't forget that mechanical base that appears right before the cutscene. Looks like it could be one of the last stages.

• Thumbs Up 1

41b3e21a56b0ee5fa39cebd57781b5ad.png

Here, you mean? Yeah, I could see that. I was thinking it was the same as the area in the first shot of the trailer, but it does kinda have it's own vibe...

...actually, I'm seeing some hexagonal patterns in the wall. Might be the same place as the one with those other hexagonal shapes?

Spoiler

...Maybe this is a base for sapping energy from the Lost Hex?

Edit: Y'know, considering the premise, it would make sense if Eggman had a few bases throughout the game. We don't know exactly what the format for this game is in regards to Zones and Acts, but I could see bases acting as settings for the bosses, maybe? Eggman's evil squad could be guarding them and stuff, and shutting the places down would obviously help with fighting back. Plus we already recycled Unleashed's "travel to this place and do a thing" format in Colours so why not do it again

• Thumbs Up 6

13 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Here, you mean? Yeah, I could see that. I was thinking it was the same as the area in the first shot of the trailer, but it does kinda have it's own vibe...

...actually, I'm seeing some hexagonal patterns in the wall. Might be the same place as the one with those other hexagonal shapes?

Reveal hidden contents

Edit: Y'know, considering the premise, it would make sense if Eggman had a few bases throughout the game. We don't know exactly what the format for this game is in regards to Zones and Acts, but I could see bases acting as settings for the bosses, maybe? Eggman's evil squad could be guarding them and stuff, and shutting the places down would obviously help with fighting back. Plus we already recycled Unleashed's "travel to this place and do a thing" format in Colours so why not do it again

A zone that we could expect in this game is Angel Island, since

Spoiler

The Phantom Ruby is from there, we could maybe see a lore expansion on the echidna tribe? That would be cool.

And the place that Sonic is reminds me of Labryinth for some reason.

13 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

A zone that we could expect in this game is Angel Island, since

Hide contents

The Phantom Ruby is from there, we could maybe see a lore expansion on the echidna tribe? That would be cool.

And the place that Sonic is reminds me of Labryinth for some reason.

Maybe We see Hidden palace or Lava Reef, I know that is already is on Mania put maybe they want a full 3d remake of the zone as well .i don't know if they will expand on the Phanton Ruby since to this day even the Chaos Emerald origins is nebulous .

5 minutes ago, Rodx said:

Maybe We see Hidden palace or Lava Reef, I know that is already is on Mania put maybe they want a full 3d remake of the zone as well .

OKAY

OKAY OKAY

LAVA REEF ACT 2

IN 3D

WITH THAT BEAUTIFUL MUSIC

oh yes

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

Hide contents

Know what this reminds me of? 

maxresdefault.jpg

No way it'll happen, but this was my favourite Riders game by far. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There's something fairly peculiar about the footage of Infinite being in Black and White that hints that if there was any colour to that footage, it would give away each location. 

-----------------------------

Also, one thing on the whole of the Phantom Ruby being found on Angel Island and this involving a space time story that has to do with Knuckles. This would both explain why Chaos is here, but maybe we can also deduct something of a more Knuckles heavy subplot which is something we've been asking for, right? Like okay. Space time affecting rock is dormant on Angel Island. That means that Angel Island could have been sent into the future or past including Knuckles the Echidna. Remember that in games he's the only echidna in Sonic's Time. 

This is backed up in Sonic the Comic where Knuckles was left in Sonic's Time to protect the Emeralds and maintain the harmony of the world.

It could be nothing though. I mean, would they really want to invoke the wrath of Ken Penders unless they used ideas from Sonic the Comic but divorce it from His Echidnas? Quick, does Fleetway own their characters or does Sega share ownership? 

I'm still following Webber's advice.

"Follow the clues." 

------------------

I want to revisit the teased level images again. The forest with the giant citadel in the background is interesting and is giving me vibes that this is the HQ that Sonic and his team work in. The image of the base that Infinite floats in front of is very interesting. 

41b3e21a56b0ee5fa39cebd57781b5ad.png&key

We have tons of small ships deploying from this giant base that we can infer that Dr. Eggman leads from. 

It was noted in Sonic Mania that one of the Special Stage backgrounds in Sonic Mania contains a city in a bubble. 

Screenshot_20170819-005910.thumb.png.8fda0500ed2474e08daabffee69857c5.png

It's cute how it's on a mushroom in the clouds. That's a funny visual joke. Particularly when it feels like a reference. 

latest?cb=20150604233123

So I'm finding it really neat that this place Infinite is hanging around in looks like Eggman's Base from the more current Archie books pre-cancellation. After all, how funny would that be if that forest with HQ is a Great Forest? 

What's more interesting is that when Sonic and space time are involved that there are Worlds Collide level events. Sonic Rush had Blaze's world in a crash collision with Sonic's that would have kept the world in a state of entropy itself had they not saved the day. The Phantom Ruby, I feel, is doing this same thing but on a grander scale. Things from other worlds could be getting sucked up in a crossover event that wouldn't be too much unlike Sonic Mania tying into Sonic Forces. 

It makes it more peculiar that these locations are in black and white. Colour itself would possibly give these locations away. That or that's done for effect to emphasize Infinite's edginess. Like I don't know what's going on, but I'm in flux of speculation and wild mass guessing. I feel like I'm getting a ton of clues or that I'm being pulled around by red herrings at this point until there's a solid reveal of Forces.  

I'm still following the clues. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 8/18/2017 at 3:51 PM, Celestia said:

2cee14971c78e72a110a8caf107e7767.png

Maybe it's just me, but those trees very much reminded me of Planet Wisp.

large.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

They're not as tall or platform-esque on the top though. That and the forest would be covered in flowers and foliage. 

But I can see it sure. It just looks too different though. Maybe an effect of Robotnik taking over and utilizing it for resources? (Or is it lack of attention in sprucing up the level period, which would be a less satisfying answer)

11 hours ago, Zippo said:

Maybe it's just me, but those trees very much reminded me of Planet Wisp.

large.jpg

I was gonna post the same a few days back, but not so much because of the trees, but rather the red factory-esque building in the top left corner. I couldn't find any images from Colours or Generations with similar looking trees though. But It really does look like Planet Wisp...

Which may mean Wisps are in another title (Siiiiiiiiigh) I don't know if they've been seen or confirmed yet to be honest, but I hope not. I'm kinda sick of them. 

1 hour ago, Scott said:

I was gonna post the same a few days back, but not so much because of the trees, but rather the red factory-esque building in the top left corner. I couldn't find any images from Colours or Generations with similar looking trees though. But It really does look like Planet Wisp...

Which may mean Wisps are in another title (Siiiiiiiiigh) I don't know if they've been seen or confirmed yet to be honest, but I hope not. I'm kinda sick of them. 

They've been confirmed. They're mostly for the Avatar but Sonic gets White Wisps for boosting.

I was thinking, it'd be really cool if these areas represented the homes of the side-characters fighting against Eggman and Infinite. The one with Infinite and the swamp trees in the background might be Vector's home, for example. Maybe the hexagon structures are where Charmy Bee lives. Just a thought.