Awoo.

What you be your reaction if Forces have microtransation ?

Rodx

With recent Shadow of War controversy, I just realise that the Character Creator is a huge bait for sell more customization and assets if the game have a base customization like Metal Gear Phanton Pain what is probably because of the resistence theme ...

What your opinion ? comment .

Just remember that I not create this tread to trash on modern Sonic just want to know if was a possibility for sega put something like that, Someone know if Sega already do this on another games ?

1 minute ago, Rodx said:

Just remember that I not create this tread to trash on modern Sonic just want to know if was a possibility for sega put something like that Someone know if Sega already do this on another games ?

It's a possibility, sure. Depends on how well SEGA is expecting the game to do, and how well it actually does. Although I may think the game is going to be trash, it's too early to say how well it's going to sell, especially amongst those folk who aren't parts of communities like this one, Retro or Gaf. I would edge towards there not being many microtransactions though. Maybe a few costume packs, but in-app microtransactions don't seem like they'd happen to me just yet.

But you asked for reactions to such a circumstance, and that's mine. 

I would write a rather scathing article of 'The Spin' which would make the fans of the game cry.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

I would write a rather scathing article of 'The Spin' which would make the fans of the game cry.

Could you do it anyway? Or do I have to wait for your review? (plz review this)

• Nice Smile 2

I'd be pissed off but it'd be really surprising, this is primarily a kids game and that's kind of shitty if they hold some of the content just out of view.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Rodx said:

Just remember that I not create this tread to trash on modern Sonic just want to know if was a possibility for sega put something like that, Someone know if Sega already do this on another games ?

Also, nobody is trashing Modern Sonic as a concept. Just Forces, because it already looks like a mismanaged mess (that doesn't if scratch the surface of potential its concept possesses), and this would just be that final nail in the coffin. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, JezMM said:

I'd be pissed off but it'd be really surprising, this is primarily a kids game and that's kind of shitty if they hold some of the content just out of view.

Ah,good for remembering that,as a kid game is really more hard for they put something like that, I more calm now .

It'll fail if it becomes a money scam like Sonic Runners. Actually, Forces would more than likely fail, period.

I wouldn't buy the game, because fuck micro-transactions in games you already have to pay a not-insignificant amount of money to play, and whoever came up with that idea (along with everyone who enabled that decision to go through) can fuck right off.

48 minutes ago, JezMM said:

The Lego games have been doing this since the Eighth gen started. It wouldn't surprise me at all, especially since Sega won't have the balls to release this at full price. 

25 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

The Lego games have been doing this since the Eighth gen started. It wouldn't surprise me at all, especially since Sega won't have the balls to release this at full price. 

it was confirmes that Forces don't will be full price ? a Bison yes if true .

51 minutes ago, Rodx said:

it was confirmes that Forces don't will be full price ? a Bison yes if true .

Its never been said Forces will be a discount title. We should assume that its a full price game until we are otherwise notified.

That being said, certain retailers are offering pre-orders for Forces at a lower price threshold. This doesn't mean that its a budget title though. Many games do the same thing pre-launch and retailers use it as a tool to generate hype and pre-orders. If you know where to look (*cough*IGNDailyDeals*cough*) you can pick up both Mario Rabbids and the new Uncharted for 20% off too. Neither of those games is out yet and neither is a budget title. Its not a price cut either, its just a promotion. They are in the same boat as Forces.

As for this micro-transaction deal, I personally wouldn't care so long as there isn't a paywall barring dedicated players. If they nickel and dime you for meaningless crap then that is stupid. On the other end of the spectrum, If they put all the best stuff up as DLC, then that is also a kick in the nads. 2.99 for some Inhibitor Rings for my character? Thats boarderline Sonic Runners level gouging right there. But to be fair, Sega hasn't gone that route in the console Sonic market. Their DLC practice (when they do use it) has been generally fair and robust. Extra stages for 06 and Unleashed and fair prices to boot.

I honestly think the backlash was so severe from Runners that I fee pretty safe that Sega wont try anything sleazy.

It all depends on how they're implemented. If they put a paywall over actual game content that effects my enjoyment, fuck them. If it's some meaningless hat I don't care about, or better yet, something I can unlock on my own without having to pay any more, then whatever, I'm obviously not gonna buy it, but I wouldn't be angry (well, I'd also prefer that they don't constantly shove it in your face).

Uh, I mean FORCES GET OUT REEEEEEEE

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

6 hours ago, Scar said:

Also, nobody is trashing Modern Sonic as a concept. Just Forces, because it already looks like a mismanaged mess (that doesn't if scratch the surface of potential its concept possesses), and this would just be that final nail in the coffin. 

Wait Me Me Me

*raises hand*

I am trashing Modern Sonic as a concept.  I am. 

It hasn't been great and its time to retire it in favor of something better and more sustainable in 3D, and consistent with the always-popular classic games as well. Replace the gameplay concept, the design, the vibe and the style, with something that is timeless and has a great reputation.

Note: I'm not trying to be mean or tell someone not to like their favorite game or anything. At this point, however, its really, really obvious what needs to happen to the Sonic franchise.

6 hours ago, JezMM said:

Angry birds racing says hi.

Also it'd be quite shit to do. Especially when looking at Mario Odyssey which has two currency's, both of which earned in game, further showing a middle finger to microtransactions 

I'm not a fan of microtransactions, but if I can specifically buy what I want and it's not randomized with loot boxes, I'm pretty fine with it.

At least it's not Amiibo.

NO NO NO N O

I DON'T WANT TO PAY MONEY FOR ONE SHIRT SEGA

THIS GAME LOOKS GOOD (please don't hurt me for this opinion) DON'T FREAKING DO THIS

I wouldn't be surprised, but wouldbe annoyed. They already announced day 1 edition exclusive dlc content for Sega themed avatar costumes. I hate it when games do that... 

I'll admit I kind of wish Mania had a small microtransaction option for the extras though. I suck at the blue orb stages, and will never unlock any of the bonus content. I was able to get all the chaos emeralds for Tails and Knuckles, while beating their stories, and have only unlocked 5 gold medals and 2 silver medals from the blue orb stages, yet haven't unlocked a single extra...