Awoo.

Sonic remix galore, and more. By me, Pauly B!

PaulyBFromDa303

[87] Sonic 3 - Head Above Water (Hydrocity)

Time: 5:31//Speed: 178 BPM//Style: Drum 'n Bass//Measures: 221//Loops: 26//Vocal Accuracy: 98.4%//Time Taken: 7 weeks

Lyrics written and performed by yours truly

It's the day before the release of the new game, Sonic Forces, and the hype is real. So allow me to set the mood!

This here is my second installment of Hydrocity, my other one being made in 2006. A little change-up of the drums from the usual. I wanted something a little more unique. Let's face it, the original is so popular, it's one of the franchise's greatest hits I'd say, so the challenge was finding ways for this to stand out. Everything just seemed to flow together once things got going, the transitions being the hardest part of it all. The whole point was making it flow like water.

This took a lot longer than planned. I was focused. I wanted every detail to be as perfect as possible. It actually became grueling at times. But you learn things every time. Skills grow. I'm hoping that all my hard work pays off in the form of your enjoyment.

Thanks for the listen! Feel free to give it a download and an honest vote/review. And hey, happy gaming!

LYRICS:

Head above the water//We've been washed out here forever//As long as you and I remember//That we will always be toghether//We'll make it through tomorrow

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 2
  • Nice Smile 3

Did you use the Mega Man X sound font for that? Because it totally sounds like the sound font from the original MMX. Great stuff as always, man. I always appreciate it when remixers put an unexpected spin on a track that's been done the same way so many times before.

• Chuckle 1

@PC the Hedgehog I will admit there was inspiration involved. I've actually been using that instrument for a long time. Different variations of it though. Cakewalk Kinetic 1 is slightly different than CK2 in that functions aren't as advanced. This program  was made in 2004 that's how retro I go XD

Honestly I just discover stuff on my own. I use a lot of self created instruments. This being one of them

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

• 1 month later...

[88] Sonic 2 - Chemically Bound (Chemical Plant)

Length: 4:39//Style: Drum 'n Bass//Speed: 172 BPM//Measures: 192//Loops: 23//Time Taken: 24 days

Here's a little treat for my fellow 90's kids! I've incorporated a few clips from Bill Nye the Science Guy into a Drum n Bass remix of this Sonic classic. No vocalizations this time, I figured the clips were enough.

I spent a the majority of the time with this piece messing around with the synth customizer, finding new sounds to match the style I was trying to go for. I've made a lot of cool new ones this time. Lots of settings I'm learning.

I've discovered some things i missed, just by exploring the Envelope Generator (EG). Combined with more of the inside settings like bend, pan, and velocity, this is how you can create somewhat of a modernized sound. I was amazed to know this especially since the program I use is from 2004.

I also decided to take a dive into my own past, by adding in my own personal solo, just like I used to in the 00's. I tried to be a little more complex than usual with this one, and tried my best to make everything flow together. That part took a lot of time too, and I hope it was worth it.

There were a few other things I wanted to add in, and it sounded good in my head, but not so much digitally. This piece ended up being a lot shorter than I was shooting for, but sometimes, less is more.

I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it. Seriously, it was quite an experience. Thanks for the listen. Remember, downloads are FREE, and honesty is appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Promotion 1

4 hours ago, PaulyBFromDa303 said:

[88] Sonic 2 - Chemically Bound (Chemical Plant)

Length: 4:39//Style: Drum 'n Bass//Speed: 172 BPM//Measures: 192//Loops: 23//Time Taken: 24 days

Here's a little treat for my fellow 90's kids! I've incorporated a few clips from Bill Nye the Science Guy into a Drum n Bass remix of this Sonic classic. No vocalizations this time, I figured the clips were enough.

I spent a the majority of the time with this piece messing around with the synth customizer, finding new sounds to match the style I was trying to go for. I've made a lot of cool new ones this time. Lots of settings I'm learning.

I've discovered some things i missed, just by exploring the Envelope Generator (EG). Combined with more of the inside settings like bend, pan, and velocity, this is how you can create somewhat of a modernized sound. I was amazed to know this especially since the program I use is from 2004.

I also decided to take a dive into my own past, by adding in my own personal solo, just like I used to in the 00's. I tried to be a little more complex than usual with this one, and tried my best to make everything flow together. That part took a lot of time too, and I hope it was worth it.

There were a few other things I wanted to add in, and it sounded good in my head, but not so much digitally. This piece ended up being a lot shorter than I was shooting for, but sometimes, less is more.

I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it. Seriously, it was quite an experience. Thanks for the listen. Remember, downloads are FREE, and honesty is appreciated.

Newground is down! Oh no!

• Promotion 1

When the synth is just right:

35d.png

This one is one of my favorites, it's just below "frozen in despair", maybe with a couple more listenings it steals the first position :lol:

• Promotion 1

• 2 months later...

I really like how this sounds. Thanks for letting me and the others be a part of this! You did an awesome job :D

• Fist Bump 1

When Pauly releases a new song:

nu_song.png

Man, i listened to it 3 times already, it took the spot held previously by "Frozen in Despair" and "Chemically Bound" as my favorite song from yours. Every single instrument is on point, highlights goes to the piano, the bass and your voice, [cue in colors mode] AMAZING job!!! Also many thanks for letting us be part of it, i see you fixed my voice for it's not ruining the experience :lol:. I rate it 5 death egg robots and one phantom ruby prototype outta 100. (that's a MAX rating btw)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I truly love you guys. That's why I wanted you to be a part of this in the first place. Representing with pride

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 3

50 minutes ago, PaulyBFromDa303 said:

I truly love you guys. That's why I wanted you to be a part of this in the first place. Representing with pride

It's one of my first times hearing when l one of your tunes in full output like this!

You're nothing short of amazing! It was an honor to take part in this project!

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

4 hours ago, PaulyBFromDa303 said:

[89] Sonic Forces - Never Enough (Park Avenue) ft. The Sonic Stadium @Kellan @NikoS @Jovahexeon Ghost Trick @The drunkard from space! @-Justin- @qt.steeph

Length: 7:07//Style: Drum 'n Bass//Speed: 175 BPM//Measures: 311//Loops: 37//Vocal Accuracy: 98.1%//Time Taken: 39 days

Original lyrics by: Tomoya Ohtani

Additional lyrics by: Pauly B

Performed by: Pauly B

Additional voices: Kellan L. Rios, Niko S., Jovahexeon Joranvexeon, Cody Lackman, -Justin-, Stephen Castillo

Before I start, I just want to give an extra thanks to my friends from The Sonic Stadium Message Boards for all the support with this one, especially to those involved.  This is definitely the most complex thing I've ever done so far. I've always wanted to get a group of some sort involved in one of my pieces. Shows togetherness. I figured I'd have my own little going at the vocalization of this level from the newest Sonic game, Sonic Forces, added in with a couple of my own parts.

Nothing too fancy with the instrumentals, except for the fact that I finally learned exactly how to make that futuristic sounding bass, as heard in many of today's electronic music, which was really fun to finally figure out. I had to use two different project files. Since I ran out of instrument slots in the first one, I had to layer two of them together. So that's a new personal record actually, that's never happened before. But coming up with it all was the best part. You learn a lot if you just explore.

I figured that, since my vocals had gotten better over the years, I'd take a shot at something more detailed. It was a great opportunity to not only show what I got, but also a chance to work on my editing and effects skills. It took quite a good portion of the project, I'm not gonna lie I underestimated it a little bit. I was pretty vocally accurate to start so I didn't have to do much, but it wasn't perfect. I did learn how to better identify wavelengths and forms, and be able to time them out together with the subtle changes. It took quite a few tries just to get the clips, actually. I wanted to add just the right tone to it. Practice makes perfect, they say.

Aside from the 16 clips of myself, there were 7 additional clips provided to me by The SSMB (The "LET'S GO" clips). Each one of them different. Each one of them needing something else. It was an interesting challenge matching them all up, and I think it came out pretty solid. Again, huge thanks to everybody listed above, you all did just great! It's pretty awesome what happens when people come together.

It's not the perfect song. But I tried my best, and I'm proud of what came out. Let me know what YOU think below! Remember, all downloads are free, and all honesty is appreciated! Thanks for checkin' this out!

LYRICS: Take on the enemy strike them down//We can’t let evil win, take them out//This is justice this is what’s right//Take on the enemy mess them up//And bring them to their knees do your stuff//Time for justice time to go fight

We’ve been down for far too long//Now it’s time for us to come back strong but it’s never enough//You need to keep going when the going gets tough//Yeah//Now we’ve got to try and reach the top//Must keep moving no we’re never gonna stop but it’s never enough//You need to keep going when the going gets tough//Yeah

Destiny//Lies before you//I believe//We have the power//Can you see//The horizon//Victory//For the taking

LETS GO!

If you just believe//Then you can achieve// If you just pull through you can make your dreams come true

Destiny//Lies before you//I believe//We have the power//Can you see//The horizon//Victory//For the taking

LETS GO!

You guys outdid yourselves! Great job!:D

• Fist Bump 2

This was legit one of your best tracks, I love your vocals on this ! ALSO I'M A LITTLE SUPER DUPER AMAZED AT HOW BLENDED THE "LET'S GO"S ARE !! YOU DID A SICK JOB !! :D 

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Wow! That was really good!

Thanks for letting me be a small part of this project. I can tell you had a lot of fun making this, because it really shows in the finished project.

Like, seriously, well done!

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Big news here fellas! [89] Sonic Forces - Never Enough (Park Avenue) ft The Sonic Stadium has just placed 2nd this week on Newgrounds! 500 listens and 35 downloads in just under a week, even for me that's impressive! I have all of you to thank for this. It's been quite a journey, and I'm definitely taking this into the future. Thank you all so much!

received_10160156186380162.thumb.png.b87144abfa3c0b0ae5e06934e830902d.png

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

I just managed to get to listen this... gee you're awesome. I'm kind of wordless.

When will they hire you? Do we need to start to bug Sega about it? :D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! People all over and hedgies and squirrels!

I've finally launched my SoundCloud page AND my YouTube page as well! I'll be posting there every day for the next couple months, so stay tuned!

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, PaulyBFromDa303 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! People all over and puppies and squirrels!

I've finally launched my SoundCloud page AND my YouTube page as well! I'll be posting there every day for the next couple months, so stay tuned!

Subscribed and subscribed! Keep up the great work, buddy.

• Nice Smile 1

• 1 month later...

[90] Average Guys

Track: 090//Length: 7:29//Style: Drum 'n Bass//Speed: 174 BPM//Measures: 318//Time Taken: 2 months, 4 days

Lyrics written and performed by Pauly B

It's far time I've done another original. This one was created for a few friends of mine in the wrestling scene. A group known as The Average Guys. They have a podcast that's quite popular in Denver and surrounding areas, they walk about the local professional wrestling scene, and video games. One day they ask if I could make a theme for them, since they discovered my music page here on Newgrounds.

With this one, ideas just had to pop one after another. I wanted a bit more of a happier, lightly flowing track with a good attitude. I think the bells and strings add a bit more of that feeling. I doubled up on the basses and a couple of the leads. The fast paced stuff really is my specialty. Once I was inspired, everything else came quick. Real easy setup.

My editing skills are improving quite a bit too. I decided to take the advice of previous reviewers here on Newgrounds. I've laid off on the reverb quite a bit. I do hope it goes well. I ran into a little trouble with the microphone as it was giving me mixed qualities. By the time I realized I used the actual mic for some and the built in to the laptop mic for others, it was too late to go back. But I scrambled hard to get them to fit as well as I could. I do hope it goes over well. If anything, it should be a huge improvement from before. We will see.

All honesty is appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to listen!

LYRICS:
You call the shots//You always give it what you got
We are simply there to take it into view
Cause life is filled//With opportunities and thrills
We'll be here until there's nothing left to do

So turn the lights out and let's go outside now
There's a whole world to explore
All I need from you is just to take me to
A place I've never been before

Cause we're just average guys
When you see our eyes
But it's more than that. So much more than that