Awoo.

Jurassic World Evolution: A Game with More Teeth

The Tenth Doctor

In the early 2000's there was a great game known as Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. You mae your own Jurassic Park, sort of like a Theme Park Manager game. It was and will always hold a special place in the Jurassic Park communitee (It's still being modded briliantly to this day).

Now here we are. A spiritual successor is here.

Planet Coaster and Elite Dangerous developer Frontier Developments has announced Jurassic World Evolution, a new dinosaur-filled theme park sim.

It's due to launch for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in summer 2018. The movie franchise's next film, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, is due to be released next June.

Jurassic World Evolution will let you create and manage your own dinosaur theme park on Isla Nublar and its surrounding islands. You'll be able to bioengineer dinosaur breeds, build attractions, and maybe place toilets for people to be munched by dinos in.

"As long-time fans of the entire Jurassic series we're thrilled to be putting players in charge of their own Jurassic World," Frontier exec Jonny Watts said. "We're excited to bring over 15 years of management, simulation, and creature development expertise to a destination and franchise that remains an inspiration to us."

Who else better to do this than a team known for making Park Builder games? This has me more hyped than any game in the last few years with a couple of seconds of Trailer. Who else has wanted this? What would you like to see?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Well we got an update yesterday, and damn does it look beautiful.

Frontier wanted gamers to experience that “original Jurassic Park dream” that spurred John Hammond forward in the 1993 film. Players will be involved in all stages of the park’s development, starting with extracting the Dino-DNA from dig sites around the world and bio-engineering them to raising your dinosaurs from their eggs and into maturity.

Not only will gamers be instrumental in raising these creatures, but it will be up to the player how they run their park and what they will focus on as there are three paths to follow. Will you build your park for entertainment purposes? Maybe you’ll use it as a location to show off your security measures? Or maybe you’d rather focus on the science behind bringing dinosaurs back to life. You can also choose to balance all three.

Along with managing the park, gamers will experience numerous emergency situations, including illness that afflicts your real-life attractions to natural disasters and storms.

In-game assets and screenshots were also showed while the developers exposed details about Jurassic World Evolution, showing off the environments, as well as the dinosaurs that were made possible not only by the experienced Frontier team but also with a little help from Universal Studios sending them assets to build from as well.

Jurassic-World-Evolution-Assets-600x337.

Jurassic World Evolution will be available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One when it releases.

It looks amazing and sounds amazing. I'm still hyped. If you'd like to see the Livestream this was shown in, its down below.

• 3 months later...

Bump bump but hey, little update video here.

Some new dinosaurs on show here, all looks beautuful right? So far we have these dinosaurs announced

Ankylosaurus

Apatosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Camarasaurus

Ceratosaurus

Deinonychus

Edmontosaurus

Parasaurolophus

Stegosaurus

Triceratops

Tyrannosaurus

Velociraptor

Dilophosaurus (mentioned in an interview with The Gaming Beaver, the head guy says they animated its frill).

What dinosaurs do you want in? Do you want more flying reptiles like Pteranodon and Dimorphodon? Or would you like more Marine Reptiles like Mosasaurus? How about Hybrids?

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

What dinosaurs do you want in? Do you want more flying reptiles like Pteranodon and Dimorphodon? Or would you like more Marine Reptiles like Mosasaurus? How about Hybrids?

I'm still holding hope that this weirdo will get represented someday:

nothronychus-2-m_5edf.jpg

Nothronychus. Basically a vegan cousin to the Tyrannosaur family. Evolved into a plant-eater to avoid catching diseases like Botulism from eating corpses. Has huge claws that make for a killer bitch-slap.

Also, where my feathered dinos at?!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

IAN MALCOLM IS YOUR GUIDE. 

They are pulling out all the stops!

29 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

You've just made my day.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

They've spared no expense!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

The time has come. We have our opening date! June 12 is when Jurassic World Evolution is released.

Preorders are available on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One (the stores), no sign of the physical version yet. Preorder the Deluxe edition to get 5 exclusive dinos being Styracosaurus, Crichtonsaurus, Majungasaurus, Archaeornithomimus, and the Suchomimus (bit bummed Suchomimus is DLC but I'm a sucker). Have a gameplay demo too

Many people went out to try it (including big dinosaur Youtube buffs like the Gaming Beaver) and everyone came away impressed. We have a winner here.

Going to update our dinosaur list too.

Normal dinosaurs

Ankylosaurus

Apatosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Camarasaurus

Ceratosaurus

Deinonychus

Edmontosaurus

Parasaurolophus

Stegosaurus

Triceratops

Tyrannosaurus

Velociraptor

Dilophosaurus

Chasmosaurus

Struthiomimus

Pachycephalosaurus

Metriacanthosaurus (new trailer)

Kentrosaurus (new trailer confirmed, though may not be this species)

Indominus Rex (heavily hinted at, nevermind a German magazine saying its in)

Maiasaura (info in digsites in demo)

Spinosaurus (thumbnail found on website)

DLC Dinosaurs

Styracosaurus

Crichtonsaurus

Majungasaurus

Archaeornithomimus

Suchomimus

I don't know what it is... But I just have a feeling that this game isn't going to perform well (On a technical level).

• 2 months later...

Its out in 3 days! I know I haven't updated in a while but been busy. We got a full list of dinosaurs now, I'll spoiler them below.

Spoiler

1 Spinosaurus
2 Dilophosaurus
3 Kentrosaurus
4 Tsintaosaurus
5 Apatosaurus
6 Metriacanthosaurus
7 Pachycephalosaurus
8 Velociraptor
9 Edmontosaurus
10 Parasaurolophus
11 Gallimimus
12 Chasmosaurus
13 Brachiosaurus
14 Stegosaurus
15 Ankylosaurus
16 Ceratosaurus
17 Triceratops
18 Tyrannosaurus Rex
19 Deinonychus
20 Indominous Rex
21 Struthiomimus
22 Dracorex
23 Corythosaurus
24 Huayangosaurus
25 Camarasaurus
26 Nodosaurus
27 Sauropelta
28 Mamenchiasaurus
29 Pentaceratops
30 Torosaurus
31 Polacanthus
32 Maiasaura
33 Muttaburrasaurus
34 Giganotosaurus
35 Diplodocus
36 Gigantspinosaurus
37 Chungkingosaurus

Deluxe

38 Suchomimus
39 Styracosaurus
40 Crichtonsaurus
41 Majungasaurus
42 Archaeorinthomimus

Fallen Kingdom Update (not all confirmed but pretty much known)

43 Baryonyx
44 Allosaurus
45 Carnotaurus
46 Stygimoloch
47 Sinoceratops
48 Indoraptor

No Aquatic's or Flyers but there is a possibility down the line. Get 5 stars on one of the 5 parks and you unlock Isla Nublar, the Sandbox mode.  Previewers have been smiling at it hard. There are some issues here and there (Sedate a dino and don't do anything to it, it'll die. No sleeping dino's. Similar dinosaurs have similar animations. Lack of decorations.) Still looks amazing and fun, so here's to Tuesday!