Awoo.

Sonic Forces nominated for a People's Choice Award at Gamescom

Graystripe2000

6 minutes ago, sonicdudeatdawn said:

@Dee Dude you're absolutely right. I guess i got too triggered. Sorry

But still these wars are just more and more discord that drives us to say stupid shit. (Most of it not backed by fact, like my two bits)

I dont want to come back in november (7th) and see "i told you so" posts from either side.

You could just...not post, or go to a website where everyone is peachy keen about Forces if it honestly bothers you that much.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Kuzu the Boloedge 

there's forces hate and distrust everywhere not just here, and hey where else can i give someone a prrrrrrromotion? 

'sides don't you think this is slightest bit stupid? fighting with other fans over their personal thoughts. i mean i just realized how much of a self-absorbed fool i was with that garbage post that tried to use the flame shield in oil ocean.

Maybe because the game looks bad? I don't know, maybe that's why?

What makes me laugh is that these "wars" you guys are referring to are usually started by people defending the game. 

Also

>Mania

>Sketchy beginning

What?

I do love the polar reactions going on here compared to Mania getting. But yes. There are people excited and don't think Sonic Forces is 'complete shit' (quoting some one) outside of the echo chamber.

It really is pointless discussing Sonic Forces here until we get more information at this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

What makes me laugh is that these "wars" you guys are referring to are usually started by people defending the game. 

Also

>Mania

>Sketchy beginning

What?

The bolded confuses me greatly. We KNEW since day-zero Mania was at the very least, was going to be good. Taxman, Stealth and ProgodaWest games are great developers with DOCUMENTED HISTORY with 2D Sonic. From Taxman and Stealth's fan projects too ProdogdaWest having former Sonic 2 HD developers on board, experienced people WORKED with Sonic before Mania started production. It was a project made by the fans, for the fans. 

Sonic Team has very little trust currently. I loved Colors and Generations...but that was seven years ago. They put out Lost World which was very mixed and did NOTHING to help Rise of Lyric be a passable game (it's crap but trying to be nice here). Sonic Team has alot to prove, with Forces just not winning people over. If it was strictly Sonic and Avatar, people wouldn't be so down I think. But with Classic returning and the idea of older zones coming back...we are getting Generations 2. 

People don't WANT a Generations 2. They want a Modern Sonic that perfects the Boost formula and stands on it's own for once. Instead, it's yet again shackled to a 'gimmick'. The past two (Wisps for Colors and Classic for Generations) were well done, so it's not a problem. But pulling the same trick for the third time isn't going to work anymore. Forces could be and I really hope it's a fantastic game. But people aren't convened, so when people are like 'Oh, it looks bad', it's not coming from a place of malice. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, sonicdudeatdawn said:

@Azure P two days until a rumored stream. that should show off some more forces 

So, we're getting something on Thursday, that is?

Also, I am glad Sonic Forces got nominated, even though it probably doesn't mean much with everything getting nominated at Gamescom according to some people here, but hey, it is nice to see Forces get this kind of nomination, nonetheless.

6 minutes ago, RK64 said:

People don't WANT a Generations 2.

Maybe this board or other Sonic message boards didn't want Generations 2, but I remember many comments asking for a "Generations 2", especially after the release of Lost World. They just didn't specify what they actually wanted, so we're stuck with this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Stuff like this is why I think Forces is causing a "Them vs. Us" happening here and that's shitty. You're either with the Pro-Forces or Anti-Forces and that's going to cause way more drama than needed in the following months. 

Do not let a game turn this message board into a Civil War please. This is getting ridiculous. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Even if it doesn't mean much, Sega can still use that for marketing. Also, thanks for trying to make the game look bad on every occasion.

@Jack the Rookie stopstopstopstopstopstop

Don't repeat my mistake!

(edit line) All that needed to be said has been said. we got the info, discussed its meaning (among others). and said meh.

Edited by sonicdudeatdawn

8 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

Even if it doesn't mean much, Sega can still use that for marketing. Also, thanks for trying to make the game look bad on every occasion.

Honestly dude, we didn't need to try. If anything, the opposite is the case.

Saying "we got nominated for People's Choice" in this context is about as meaningful as saying "we had a booth at E3!" 

• Thumbs Up 8

12 minutes ago, Hard-Boiled Wisp said:

Stuff like this is why I think Forces is causing a "Them vs. Us" happening here and that's shitty. You're either with the Pro-Forces or Anti-Forces and that's going to cause way more drama than needed in the following months. 

Do not let a game turn this message board into a Civil War please. This is getting ridiculous. 

I don't think I've ever been rude to anyone here. I didn't even willingfully join a faction, I've been put into one. 

I just happen to dislike the game, but anytime I voice my opinion "I'm joining the hate bandwagon" or starting a war.

I'm even avoiding this place as of late because I don't have much more to say about Forces, but sometimes I'd like to chime in in topics and post, add my 5 cents, but I've been discouraged to do so because you just get comments like that all the time if you're not on the "right" side, you know what I mean?

8 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

I don't think I've ever been rude to anyone here. I didn't even willingfully join a faction, I've been put into one. 

I just happen to dislike the game, but anytime I voice my opinion "I'm joining the hate bandwagon" or starting a war.

I'm even avoiding this place as of late because I don't have much more to say about Forces, but sometimes I'd like to chime in in topics and post, add my 5 cents, but I've been discouraged to do so because you just get comments like that all the time if you're not on the "right" side, you know what I mean?

I never said anything of the above?

What I said, I said because Forces is dividing this fanbase for the wrong reasons. We survived worse, but still, it's a shame.

Of course Forces is lagging behind Super Mario Odyssey, a game that looks so good that nobody will be surprised if it turns out to be the best 3D platformer ever made. There's no shame in losing to that. 

Sometimes I wonder if people just want it to fail/succeed JUST so they can have the rights to say "Hah! I toldja so!!" I'm in the camp that wants Sonic Forces to do well but I don't think it's gonna be extremely "bad" or extremely "good". I don't even care what most people will think of the game. As long as I enjoy it I'm happy! I miss the days where I didn't read online reviews or fall into Hype traps. All this does is brew egotism and whining. In the end, does it really even matter at all? Regardless if Forces does good or bad or just decent there will be people who will love it, hate it, or just feel "meh" about it. Getting aggravated over a game that no one has played yet feels pointless and childish... Tldr: It's just a game, chillax people (._. ; )

EDIT; whoops! looks like i'm a bit late to the party ^^;

@Roxas

I'm just hyped for Avatar making,Music, and story. the sonics are close but far from generations and the avatar is a smooth ride so gameplay is a non-issue. 

Once the game comes out, i plan on marathon running it.

• Thumbs Up 1

To add to that, this is a topic for discussing Sonic Forces' nomination for a People's Choice Award at Gamescom, not for discussing how people on this forum discuss Forces. Doing so is cluttering up this thread with off-topic silliness. Celestia already told you earlier that meta commentary is not helpful, so get back on track stat.

• Thumbs Up 5

It is getting really tiring coming into here, at this rate I'm only going to use this forum for Mania discussion. I'm part of the group that believes this game will do better than a lot here believe.

Everything is getting repetitive here. Literally every Sonic Forces topic here is discussing the same stuff.

Its cool others are picking this for awards too, in my mind means other gamers are filling the poll saying they like the game. Modern Sonic don't let us down ?

• Thumbs Up 2