Awoo.

Sonic Forces nominated for a People's Choice Award at Gamescom

Graystripe2000

lmao there's a million games on there. And anyway I take awards of this sort with a pinch of salt. This is complete whatever. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Bobnik said:

Maybe this board or other Sonic message boards didn't want Generations 2, but I remember many comments asking for a "Generations 2", especially after the release of Lost World. They just didn't specify what they actually wanted, so we're stuck with this game.

This argument about consumers having to be specific on what they want out of a new Sonic game can go both ways. Who was specifically asking for another Boost game with old levels? Who specifically wanted another Boost game with classic Sonic taking up a large portion of the game?

And while people can request for virtually anything they can think of that they want to see in a Sonic game; the buck stops at Sonic Team. Fans may had requested to play as their own characters for years, but Sonic Team ultimately calls the shots on whether they actually make a game around such an idea or not.

People shouldn't have to specifically request in fine detail what they expect out of a new game in a certain style from a studio, just so the studio gets the general concept right and/or doesn't twist it into something else hardly anyone wanted. And if people are in a situation where they are forced to do that constantly like Sonic fans have to do with Sonic Team, than maybe the studio in question isn't actually interested in that style of product in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 5

Wow. The winner of the award proved even more what everyone knew. This award really wasn't anything special to get into a tizzy about. 

Oh well. We make our own excitement here in the Sonic fanbase enough as is. Just don't let this bother anyone please. 

1 minute ago, Jack the Rookie said:

Inb4 Haters: "This means nothing".

You're a bit late there, buddy.

People already pointed out it doesn't. 

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

You're a bit late there, buddy.

People already pointed out it doesn't. 

I meant the fact that it got 2nd place.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Jack the Rookie said:

I meant the fact that it got 2nd place.

I mean, it doesn't given this was basically a popularity contest open to folks who weren't even at the event, but I will say fair play to Sonic fans for rallying behind the game and getting it all the way up to 2nd. Genuinely didn't expect that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Second place? Sweet! And it beat Mario Odyssey, but yeah, it's pointless and other derogatory things etc

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

I mean, it doesn't given this was basically a popularity contest open to folks who weren't even at the event, but I will say fair play to Sonic fans for rallying behind the game and getting it all the way up to 2nd. Genuinely didn't expect that. 

No you're right, it doesn't mean much quality-wise. I'm just saying people are genuinely excited for the game, despite its problems.

This is like when you hear first impression previews from folks who got free screenings

I'll wait 

Just now, Jack the Rookie said:

No you're right, it doesn't mean much quality-wise. I'm just saying people are genuinely excited for the game, despite its problems.

Some people, but that doesn't really garuntee that those people will actually... purchase the game later, like it later when you actually have to pay for it and feel how it plays ect. Not to mention the whole , there are people in youtube comments suggesting that if you point out this games flaws you aren't a sonic fans. And that sonic fans are " never happy" and video's like that getting over 300k views because there are a bunch of people "militarized" because they feel like they need to defend sonic. And given the sales numbers of more recent sonic games, those people are also not a key factor in actually purchasing the game. 

There are things at play here

Some people are excited for this game though

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh~

I didn't see that that got second place. People came out and voted in the IGN poll. That's nice. 

It's nice to see that Sonic fans are excited for the game even if things here are a tad on the pessimistic side of things. 

4 hours ago, LongcrierCat said:

It's nice to see that Sonic fans are excited for the game even if things here are a tad on the pessimistic side of things. 

Ignore the pessimists here and watch the news flow.

5 hours ago, Jack the Rookie said:

I'm just saying people are genuinely excited for the game, despite its problems.

The over abundance of linear halls yeah?

3 hours ago, James Cloud said:

2nd place?!?! Damn!!! Good job!

https://youtu.be/eFVj0Z6ahcI?t=46s

• Thumbs Up 1

It's good that Sonic Forces won second place. It may not be first place, but it is something. However, on another forum with a name I won't mention, some people have been downplaying this, saying people made alternate accounts to vote for Forces, all because the people downplaying this don't like the game. While the alternate accounts thing is possible, those people don't understand that some people simply like the game, despite what problems it may have.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

1 hour ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

some people have been downplaying this, saying people made alternate accounts to vote for Forces, all because the people downplaying this don't like the game. those people don't understand that some people simply like the game, despite what problems it may have.

I think i know exactly who you're talking about, Those people have no respect for other's opinions (which is pathetic considering the age they are).

Any forum that has forces in the name will have those guys flock to it and try to kill any hype for the game even attacking users for personal preference.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, sonicdudeatdawn said:

I think i know exactly who you're talking about, Those people have no respect for other's opinions (which is pathetic considering the age they are).

Any forum that has forces in the name will have those guys flock to it and try to kill any hype for the game even attacking users for personal preference.

It is quite pathetic, quite disrespectful, indeed. It is also immature. I don't know who raised these people, but they did a pretty poor job if they didn't teach them to respect others' opinions and be more mature about different opinions. Sure, being raised to do that isn't the only way, but either way, it is sad that these people can't tolerate opinions different from their own.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are we really going to start shitting on people again, especially when no one except you guys who are supposedly optimistic and looking forward to this, are the ones complaining about people complaining when no one in here is complaining anymore? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, KHCast said:

Are we really going to start shitting on people again, especially when no one except you guys who are supposedly optimistic and looking forward to this, are the ones complaining about people complaining when no one in here is complaining anymore? 

Just pointing some sad things out. Not naming anyone.

Just now, sonicdudeatdawn said:

Just pointing some sad things out. Not naming anyone.

Neither am I. I was just saying, all along.

11 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

Any forum that has forces in the name will have those guys flock to it and try to kill any hype for the game even attacking users for personal preference

Stuff like this really doesn't need to be said since you're taking it way to personal. People don't like the direction of the game and are expressing it. They disagree with views those interested have and have arguments/discussions. It's not a personal jab at ones taste. Unless you're referring to outside this forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Stuff like this really doesn't need to be said since you're taking it way to personal. People don't like the direction of the game and are expressing it. They disagree with views those interested have and have arguments/discussions. It's not a personal jab at ones taste.

I wasn't taking it so personally, if at all. I wasn't even talking about anyone on these forums. It's another site. Just because I brought it up doesn't mean I was taking it personally. I just wanted to share this.

Oy. Second place isn't anything to sneeze at, but if only it hadn't lost to Fifa.

...not to knock anyone that likes Fifa, but it seems as though either an FPS or a sports game of some sort is bound to be more popular. But hey, it at least has one thing over Odyssey for all it's worth.

Slightly off topic, but I'm curious:  Has a recent Sonic game other than Mania actually won one of these awards?

my mistake then. Lately we've had incidents where some people vent about others on here regarding forces, so it's easy to misread context like that 

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

my mistake then. Lately we've had incidents where some people vent about others on here regarding forces, so it's easy to misread context like that 

Don't worry. I understand. I personally don't plan on calling anyone out for disliking the game here anytime soon, especially in a personal way. Some things you have to keep to yourself, you know.

• Thumbs Up 1