Awoo.

Sonic Forces: New Tag Team level confirmed

Speedi

4 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

DH3AmQoV0AEFk8I.jpg

Actually, I guess these are going to count as main levels and not Generations mission levels. They're on the world map, not the mission tab.

say, can anyone cross check that world map overview to see if it's showing the same location as the E3 demo? Maybe that can be a hint to a new stage being shown. I guess we'll find out on Thursday either way :P 

2 hours ago, Tomzilla98 said:

say, can anyone cross check that world map overview to see if it's showing the same location as the E3 demo? Maybe that can be a hint to a new stage being shown. I guess we'll find out on Thursday either way :P 

Well the thing about that is that in footage we've seen of the world map, whenever you navigate to a different stage the camera scrolls to a new location on the map......even when it's the same Zone.

4 hours ago, Dannymax440 said:

Has anybody noticed how the level times seem to average around 3:40-3:50? Might be hinting at larger stages.

Uhm... Where?

Speculating here. I believe these tag team stages are stages that happen automatically through out the story campaign. Not a separate story campaign mode in themselves. Perhaps Sonic and classic Sonic also tag-team up?

10 hours ago, Stephenb19 said:

I'm kind of miffed that we can't play as Sonic's friends because of reasons, but they're happy enough to mishmash all this mess together.

Because the majority of the fan base chucked a fit and pronounced 'we only want to play as Sonic and not his stupid friends' all the way up to Sonic '06. Fans got their wish starting with Sonic Unleashed and has been that way ever since.

4 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

Okay this looks cool but... A glimpse to new stage.... Please?

(Also, the dialogue is great. Sounds mature in a good way)

Another reason as to take the fan base and look baffled.  most bitched that there were to many characters and they were upset the focus wasn't on sonic and not one of his 20 friends. NOW you want to play as sonic friends and think the game loses points for not allowing?

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Another reason as to take the fan base and look baffled.  most bitched that there were to many characters and they were upset the focus wasn't on sonic and not one of his 20 friends. NOW you want to play as sonic friends and think the game loses points for not allowing?

I think it was more the playstyles attached to the characters that made people sick of them. Which you can't really blame them for considering there were 9 mandatory characters to use in 06 and only 2 of them were actually fun to play as (Sonic and Blaze). But to not derail this thread the same way all the other ones have been getting lately reply to this in another topic please.

7 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

Looks like we're going to be playing in a Pyramid factory level. That's a somewhat interesting concept, I hope they do the level design justice because it could be fun.

10 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

Nearly thought this was a new stage but nope.

Although maybe the boss is in the pyramid factory?

18 minutes ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Nearly thought this was a new stage but nope.

Although maybe the boss is in the pyramid factory?

Maybe the boss is the pyramid factory.

Now that we know the tag team features 3D gameplay, does anyone think these will be the "main" stages of the game?

4 hours ago, Azure P said:

Speculating here. I believe these tag team stages are stages that happen automatically through out the story campaign. Not a separate story campaign mode in themselves. Perhaps Sonic and classic Sonic also tag-team up?

Because the majority of the fan base chucked a fit and pronounced 'we only want to play as Sonic and not his stupid friends' all the way up to Sonic '06. Fans got their wish starting with Sonic Unleashed and has been that way ever since.

And yet the demand for wanting other characters back has been at the rise since Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess this is the pyramid they're talking about:

c7kUXko.png

Seeing how the top has already been blown apart, I suppose the avatar's Green Hill stage takes place after the tag team stage.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

And yet the demand for wanting other characters back has been at the rise since Generations.

Just goes to show how fractured the fan base is and doesn't know what it wants.

I can't say I mind playing as Sonic's numberous friends with their different play styles. Big and Amy are the exception to that though.

It was that kind of thing that drew me into the Sonic series to begin since that variety is what made Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) great. The games before that were meh.

Tails especially needs to come back as playable in the 3d games. Not just sitting in his plane or a mech either.

I'm just wondering how this tag team is going to work. Is it ala Sonic Heroes style? Sonic Advance 3 style? Classic Sonic and Tails style?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just hope we have a chunk of the stage INSIDE the pyramid, would be a great change of pace.

1 hour ago, MudHunter said:

This looks promising. Let's hope the level isn't just a linear boost-fest and actually has some good 3D level design.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Scar said:

Looks like a dried up Green Hill Zone in "3D". 

Still looks like a big old corridor going forwards.

While I won't be surprised if that does end up being the case, I think it's far too early to call; Speed Highway started the same way in SA1 for instance, but that was a lot more interesting than what we've seen from Forces. 

Though again, with the precedent established; you're probably right lmao. 

• Thumbs Up 6

2 hours ago, Azure P said:

Just goes to show how fractured the fan base is and doesn't know what it wants.

I can't say I mind playing as Sonic's numberous friends with their different play styles. Big and Amy are the exception to that though.

It was kind of thing that drew me into the Sonic series since that variety is what made Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) great.

Tails especially needs to come back as playable in the 3d games. Not just sitting in his plane or a mech either.

We have to stop believing that the any fandom should all think the same. 

Just because I like the Sonic franchise does not mean I'm gonna stop loving Adventure 2,  stop asking for other characters being playable again, or call Generations "the greatest 3D game ever".

I will never throw away my opinions to satisfy critics who just want Sonic 1 all the time.

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Azure P said:

I'm just wondering how this tag team is going to work. Is it ala Sonic Heroes style? Sonic Advance 3 style? Classic Sonic and Tails style?

I don't think the (other character) will be AI so it's probably Heroes style. Press a button to switch between boosting and wisp powers.

I like that, actually. I hope the level design supports that, though, but the fact that this gets its own level instead of being the Avatar's level means it might.

Anyway that's Green Hill, definitely, but it looks more dried out and desert-y than the other levels. 

• Thumbs Up 1