Awoo.

Sonic Forces: New Tag Team level confirmed

Speedi

From the footage i've seen of tag mode: Full 3d! woohoo. 

The stuff that amazed me:  an epic ascent into the pyramid (totally called that shit at E3) to a skydiving section like in unleashed (which didn't look too bad, the lasers were turned off) the 3d platforming is what id expect from a sonic game, only it was the MUCH better controlling avatar instead of one way modern sonic and the stage looked gorgeous (even though its a factory building some horrible boss i'll be facing later). Branching paths depending on wispon weapon (hellooooo replayability!)

Now for shit that bugged me: Why in the holy hell does the whip now not stop in front of an enemy? no hammer footage, and modern sonic seemed really useless compared to avatar (now he is my tails, go away), lots of linear hallways,

Funny stuff because i like pointing it out: the double boost plays fist bump, that is the corniest shit i have ever seen in a sonic game and i love it, the custom hero can spin jump regardless of species (i want to see a social link style cutscene where the custom hero damn near vomits from that), the custom hero legs are moving as fast as sonics during the double boost, good thing they fit or else their legs would be jelly. sonic grabs onto the Avatar's legs when they grapple (sonic don't be a perv to the avatars now). Sonic learned how to hover by spinning in midair.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Scar said:

Its right here. Literally a straight line. Level design seems to have regressed from Generations.....

Sonic team keeping up its unprecedented of delivering stages with squandered potential. A hallway into a mecha gear fortress and the only obsticle/gimmick is killing a bunch of threatless robots that stall your progress over and over again.

We've seen this before, and I didn't like it then either

latest?cb=20130826112002

• Thumbs Up 8

So what's even the point of the tag move? Sonic could and has achived stuff like that on his own.

1 minute ago, Spooky Mulder said:

But then how would we fill 20 seconds of this stage with a cool speedy visual effect to keep kids from realizing there's not actually anything to do in this game? 

latest?cb=20140827210834

Damn, outwitted again.

• Thumbs Up 2

The fact that Sega have promoted 2 levels now for modern, and they're both linear as fuck borefests, I'm a bit less than hopeful of improved level design. They're supposed to show us stuff that's supposed to gain support and trust within both the market and fanbase. All the trailers and gameplay we've seen hasn't really done that, so gotta wonder why not show a non-linear level

• Thumbs Up 5

The level actually seemed relatively fun to play through and made an honest attempt to incorporate multiple pathways in the form of the light speed dash. My only concern is that they still don't know why moving so fast as Sonic is very exhilarating and immersive. Simply giving us extra speed and having us speed through the stage while doing nothing is not satisfying, it's insulting. What is fun is trusting that we will learn from our past mistakes and ensure that we can maintain our speed as long as possible. They're still repeating the mistake of giving us speed on a silver platter instead of making it a reward for playing well.

That aside, the level did look fun in spite of some repetition and poor design mentality.

• Thumbs Up 1

Linear level design... Sonic 4E2's stop-everything-to-charge-a-tag-action...

Oh, also a question, will fist bump play everytime a tag action is performed? I hope there are options to turn the vocals off, because that's going to be a torture.

Yeesh, would it kill em' the make the paths at least have turns and alternate routes more often? This is the most extreme case of straight-line-syndrome I've seen so far (and 3D Sonics have had that problem for a while).

I get the feeling they spent so much time on all sorts of levels and gameplay styles that they haven't had time to make any of them have much depth.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, all of this stuff makes me think:

Considering that Buddy the Gizmo Wolf was probably Boom Sonic at one point, do you think that Sonic Team was going to keep doing this sort of thing? Constantly reusing the Modern/Classic/Boom thing over and over for every major Anniversary game, creating 100 versions of Not Green Hill Zone with Eggman supposedly the big bad but not really built up that well so he ends up feeling like a cop out final boss instead with Tails supposedly being useful but usually having no use whatsoever forever and ever because they'd be too frightened to really learn why people are angry with their ideas?

4 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

You know, all of this stuff makes me think:

Considering that Buddy the Gizmo Wolf was probably Boom Sonic at one point, do you think that Sonic Team was going to keep doing this sort of thing? Constantly reusing the Modern/Classic/Boom thing over and over for every major Anniversary game, creating 100 versions of Not Green Hill Zone with Eggman supposedly the big bad but not really built up that well so he ends up feeling like a cop out final boss instead with Tails supposedly being useful but usually having no use whatsoever forever and ever because they'd be too frightened to really learn why people are angry with their ideas?

tumblr_ljt2tpxmTK1qb69lko1_250.gif.8bd72731ed850d1ed3c7267b8695d7ad.gif

Ugh can we not start this? Please?

5 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Considering that Buddy the Gizmo Wolf was probably Boom Sonic at one point,

I don't think there's any actual evidence of this.

But yes Sonic Team will abuse nostalgia for as long as they're able to get away with it. They're absolutely shameless and creatively bankrupt.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok so I haven't really been keeping up with this game but maaan this looks so uninspired. None of the new elements look interesting or add anything to the experience. The old elements feel just like the same boost stuff we've had since 2008. 

The animation looks stiff and nothing 'flows' well. The start of a walk cycle for example. That kinda stuff bothers me, especially when it's something I have to look at constantly lol.

I mean I wasn't really expecting much out of this, it's just really disappointing to see the same mistakes being made.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I don't think there's any actual evidence of this.

But yes Sonic Team will abuse nostalgia for as long as they're able to get away with it. They're absolutely shameless and creatively bankrupt.

True there isn't any concrete evidence, but it IS oddly convenient that the avatar is a relatively fast guy whose major weapon is a grappling hook, while Boom Sonic, a sub franchise that was probably intended to be a major marketable element for the Sonic franchise, has a relatively fast Sonic whose major weapon is the enerbeam, an energy grappling hook essentially.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ehhh, looks pretty boring, honestly. A neat idea hampered by really dull, uninspired level design. I'm still looking forward to the game, but I really hope they punch things up in that regard.

5 hours ago, SpongicX said:

While I still wish the others were playable, I will admit this new avatar tag gameplay doesn't look too bad. 

Hoping for a full red ring run soon. They seem to be really hidden in this level.

3 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

True there isn't any concrete evidence, but it IS oddly convenient that the avatar is a relatively fast guy whose major weapon is a grappling hook, while Boom Sonic, a sub franchise that was probably intended to be a major marketable element for the Sonic franchise, has a relatively fast Sonic whose major weapon is the enerbeam, an energy grappling hook essentially.

Being fairly fast doesn't mean much since that's kind of a prerequisite to being a Sonic character that isn't entirely awful to play as (not that the Avatar character isn't awful in their own way). And if them both having grappling hooks is the strongest evidence, there's not really a solid argument there. It feels like the kind of thing that, if people start passing it around, will end up getting treated as fact even though there's no real evidence.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Being fairly fast doesn't mean much since that's kind of a prerequisite to being a Sonic character that isn't entirely awful to play as (not that the Avatar character isn't awful in their own way). And if them both having grappling hooks is the strongest evidence, there's not really a solid argument there. It feels like the kind of thing that, if people start passing it around, will end up getting treated as fact even though there's no real evidence.

Fair enough.

I feel like if people are determined to believe something like that we're not going to have much to stop them with. Afterall, I still meet people who think Boom was a reboot, despite that being denied within the first day of it being announced.