Awoo.

Do you want a long, drawn-out game?

Whatever the WhoCares

Just now, knuckles20 said:

But you're telling me. Sonic Forces. Sega's next big "3D game" is gonna be thirty American dollars.

Yes.

Why.

Are you outraged or something? 

I don't understand.

Mania 30... lol.

Just now, Mayor D said:

Yes.

Why.

Are you outraged or something? 

I don't understand.

Mania 30... lol.

Mania is a retro throwback game, so that price is reasonable. This is supposed to be SEGA's big Sonic project. The price is a very low for something like this which is being launch on the big home consoles. I payed $40 for Generations 3DS, beat it in the same day, and I was disappointed. So with the everything I know about Forces and the surprisingly low price, it doesn't have me faithful about it.

This is supposed to be SEGA's big Sonic project. The price is a very low for something like this which is being launch on the big home consoles.

Do I need to dig up how much Sonic Generations was on launch again.

Spoiler

It was the same price as Forces.

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

Do I need to dig up how much Sonic Generations was on launch again.

Hide contents

It was the same price as Forces.

So I shouldn't expect much when it comes to writing, got it. 

So I shouldn't expect much when it comes to writing, got it. 

If you wanna think that go right ahead I don't like Forces but I just know a bad argument when I see one so whatever you want to twist it into I guess.

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

If you wanna think that go right ahead I don't like Forces but I just know a bad argument when I see one so whatever you want to twist it into I guess.

Well let's see the playable characters are Sonic A, Sonic B and fill in the blank. Anyone outside of them will get dialogue during the levels which will give critics and Sonic purists more reason why they shouldn't be in the games at all let alone playable. Given the last game centered on the 2 Sonics, no one else could do anything without holding the blue hedgehog's hand.

Is it really surprising that I'm concerned how the extended cast is portrayed in this?

@knuckles20 I see where you're coming from in that lately the extended cast (at this point anyone other than Sonic, Tails, and Eggman) has been relegated to side characters. this is especially the case in Generations since all they did were get captured and cheer sonic on.

I don't think games' prices are generally scaled by how their cast of characters are treated, but I'm no expert.

Sincerely: what are you talking about? I like Modern Sonic games but they absolutely shouldn't be $60. Good on SEGA for pricing it appropriately.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

Well let's see the playable characters are Sonic A, Sonic B and fill in the blank. Anyone outside of them will get dialogue during the levels which will give critics and Sonic purists more reason why they shouldn't be in the games at all let alone playable. Given the last game centered on the 2 Sonics, no one else could do anything without holding the blue hedgehog's hand.

Is it really surprising that I'm concerned how the extended cast is portrayed in this?

So.... what does any of that have to do with the game costing $30?

Just now, Mayor D said:

So.... what does any of that have to do with the game costing $30?

That low price = lack of effort given Generations was the same price.

That low price = lack of effort given Generations was the same price.

That's not how money or pricing works.

4 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I don't think games' prices are generally scaled by how their cast of characters are treated, but I'm no expert.

Sincerely: what are you talking about? I like Modern Sonic games but they absolutely shouldn't be $60. Good on SEGA for pricing it appropriately.

Has it been confirmed the price of American releases?

@knuckles20 Maybe Sega doesn't want to alienate people from the game with high prices like @Celestia implied.

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Has it been confirmed the price of American releases?

@knuckles20 Maybe Sega doesn't want to alienate people from the game with high prices like @Celestia implied.

I just find it weird because usually those games for the big platforms usually go for $50-$60.

I just find it weird because usually those games for the big platforms usually go for $50-$60.

Well, given how mixed the reception of the game is, maybe they believe a lower price may make people give the game a chance.

^Isn't that what Classic Sonic is for?

Ok I derailed this thread long enough. 

I honestly think a good "modern" Sonic game shouldn't be easy to beat in the same day as the purchase. And the plot should be more complex than what we've been getting recently.

I just think pricing it low and putting out a content-bare product just devalues the franchise in the eyes of the consumer. This shouldn't be a bargain bin title. 

• Thumbs Up 2

No. A Sonic game at its core has always been about a shorter experience that transitions between sequences and events swiftly to evoke immersion and it was always successful for doing so in the past. Based off of what we've seen thus far, Forces seems to be an experience that, while uses alternate gameplay styles to provide additional content, actually seems more focused on replay value rather than prolonging the game incessantly. We have the Custom Character who we can customize at our own leisure to add some nuance to how we approach each stage, Modern Sonic who was recently revealed to be customizable in his attributes, and a team-feature that actually enables us to cooperate with Sonic & co. for additional replay value.

I'm not necessarily too concerned as long as the game's pacing remains fast and consistent as it always has been for Sonic throughout the game.

Edit: Some of this post's information was revealed to be false to me.

I like short games if they play like the classics. But big budget 3D Sonic games should not be 4 hour snooze fests like Colors. The game was $50 at launch and not at all worth it IMO. I don't expect it to take a long time to clear the game. Maybe a few days at most. But there needs to be some amount of post-game content and features to keep you coming back. I think Forces could be a decent length given they've had 4 years to work on it, but at the same time, it's also possible it'll be really short like Generations. My ideal length for a Sonic game like Forces would be something comparable to the Adventure titles and Unleashed. They took me by far the longest to fully complete. 

Also, pretty sure Forces is $60. It's 30 pounds. 

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/games/sonic-forces-preview-3663126/