Awoo.

Art, Irregularly.

Diogenes

• 1 year later...
On 8/23/2017 at 12:06 AM, Diogenes said:

And maybe actually having this up will get me drawing more often

Gee that worked fffffuckin' stunningly didn't it.

I did get a burst of motivation recently, though.

I redesigned two of my old characters for TideKai's old Sonic characters thread;

Nerus, the swamp beast of some sort:

U2xPVG3.png

And Diogenes, the book mage:

sU4W5Pg.png

I've also still been playing around with that slime girl, who I've decided to call Jillian:

0nxiDBw.png

(also still struggling to figure out how the hell to shade slime)

• Thumbs Up 5

Jillian looks awesome. I really like her and I really like how you've shaded her!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

teeth teeth t҉ee͏t̶h̀ t̺̮̥͝ͅe̤͙̘̥ͅè̵͏̦̬̣͓t̘͓̠̤͖͢h̨̘̫̭̳̼̝ T̢̳͍̥̰̰̱̬͞E̬̠̠͇͍̲̬E̺̣̫̫̪̤Ț̷̸̺͎̝̩͇H͏̞̤͓̙̖͇͘ T̨̛͈͍̥͕͍̝̰É̷̷̦͎̪̻̹E̸̛͕̺͕̺͖̦̗̼̟̲̺̪̥̩͎̣̯̹T̶̡̟͎̫͍̖͙̗͇̰͢͝H̴̨̭͚̲̠̦̬͓͇̗̟͓̮͜

22iO4i6.png

...very lazily colored because I make poor choices regarding when to draw a thing. Long story made short she's the tentacle of an extradimensional creature acting as both lure and hook as it fishes for human flesh. I've got ideas for an eyeball-focused partner (teeth girl has no eyes, only teeth) but the design hasn't quite come together yet.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

Robit girl sprites.

I4RbO33.png

Haven't been able to decide between the more NES-accurate "3 colors plus transparency" or cheating and adding a few more so I did both. Kinda leaning towards the former though, there's a certain appeal to going more abstract.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just a mockup...for now.

ocmeAk0.png

All original graphics, accurate to the NES's limitations to the best of my understanding of them.

• Thumbs Up 6

• 4 months later...

Been on another NES sprite kick the last few days. Zelda 1 inspired, this time. There's something very satisfying about working with such tight restrictions and managing to make something not just recognizable but aesthetically appealing.

JOnNH2P.png

I've also been having fun drawing comments in SMM2, so I threw together some of my favorites. Linked for size.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 4 months later...
On 1/20/2019 at 4:27 AM, Diogenes said:

A necromancer/lich character.

LAR3to2.png

And a rival slime to my other slime girl.

pjrgaPh.png

I love this, your purple slime girl reminds me of Marina from Splatoon

• 4 weeks later...

fZ8FQHe.png

Watch/read Dorohedoro. It's grimy and gory and goofy and you will come to love every last one of its weird murderous characters.

• Promotion 2

• 6 months later...

Been a bit.

This one's from a couple months ago; my necromancer character as a Dorohedoro-styled sorcerer. For this version, instead of necromancy, her magic creates muscle/nerve fiber "strings" that she can use to control both living creatures and corpses like puppets.

WCE4Elx.png

More recently, an attempt at perspective. Had plans to shade it but the urge passed so this is as finished as it's gonna get.

KlSZHE6.png

A couple sprites I made for yet another game idea I will probably never get around to actually making:

afQUzqw.png

Plus a few random sketches I did trying to keep my sanity during a power outage, why not:

Spoiler

6FTudqi.png

BkwkU0k.png

0dK8zM4.png

• Thumbs Up 2