Awoo.

Sonic Forces: Theme of Metal Sonic (US Stardust Speedway)

DiamondX

Eh. It's alright. Can go on the "tolerable" pile with Infinite's theme. I think I'd rather go to the Generations ver or the original before hitting this up on my iPhone though; it's fairly bog-standard (and missing the vocal sample...).

• Thumbs Up 2

This sounds pretty catchy.  Also, looks like Metal Sonic is the boss of Park Avenue.

Spencer Neilson's track was remixed by Kenichi Tokoi this time.

• Thumbs Up 5

> isn't a remix of the godlike JP track

can Forces seriously get nothing right

Also yeah it's literally just the original with more dubstep so, uh, yeah - it's not very good.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

Nice! I've always thought that the US version of the song was at least as good as the JP version. Nice to see it get some love. What's even more interesting than that is the pictures in that video. We see what looks like a new level in a tunnel.  Also, the glitch effect on Metal Sonic is clearly visible. We've seen it on both Chaos and Metal Sonic now. I think all four of the other villains are illusions created by Infinite. It's really obvious now.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I don't hate it and it's obviously better than Classic GHZ, it's not doing it for me this time.

I dunno if it's because I'm not very nostalgic for CD, but it sounds kinda repetitive and generic for me, but if it sounds good to others, I can understand that.

Edited by Zaysho

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

It's okay, decent enough but compared to this?

(Mania Spoilers)

Hide contents

Shit doenst hold a candle

Spoiler

You are comparing remixes of 2 different themes, dude.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Jesus christ every song in this game so far has been TERRIBLE! The US version was my favorite too. How did they fuck it up THIS bad?

• Thumbs Up 1

On one hand, I'm glad they're not constantly reusing JP Stardust Speedway for his theme, on the other hand...that track is too godlike and this one is pretty bland by comparison, not bad mind you, just not as impressive.

Spoiler

And Mania's remix is better.

Eh, the US CD soundtrack is honestly pretty forgettable. The Japanese tracks were always way more melodic and memorable, while the US tracks went for more of a vague, nebulous, "atmospheric" approach - not exactly catchy or hummable music for the most part.

The one exception is Wacky Workbench, which felt like a reverse. JP was kinda "eh," but US brought the funky jam. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Why dubstep? Are they seriously trying to make it cool and hip for the kids? And US version too? Wow, they really can't get anything right, can they? With every piece of information that comes out for Sonic Forces, it just keeps looking worse and worse.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

11 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

> isn't a remix of the godlike JP track

can Forces seriously get nothing right

Also yeah it's literally just the original with more dubstep so, uh, yeah - it's not very good.

To be fair 

Spoiler

They already used it in Mania so I'm fine with them using a different song

• Thumbs Up 2

I like it. I think the Generations mix of this song is still better, but, this isn't bad. I'd probably go as far as to say that it's my favorite Forces song that's been revealed so far, although, the bar has been set pretty low for that, so that's not saying a whole lot.

Wait a minute. I just noticed something. Generations also remixed Stardust Speedway's USA theme, but it included the JP theme as well. Could we be seeing the same thing here?

I'd just like to point out that every screenshot has Metal with the same glitchy aura Infinite has, fueling even further the theories everyone in the Uprising are either illusions or being controlled by Infinite.

Other than that, I'm definetly happy the US track is getting some love, I do prefer JP but this one's good too, love what they did here, the entire track gives off this vibe that Metal Sonic's going berserk, it works really well on the setting.

Oh and note the track is called Sonic Forces OST - VS. Metal Sonic (US ver.) Remix

As in we might very well see JP ver. at some point.

With that in mind, I do hope all the Uprising members have remixes of their themes instead of a generic boss theme.

• Thumbs Up 8

4 minutes ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

Wait a minute. I just noticed something. Generations also remixed Stardust Speedway's USA theme, but it included the JP theme as well. Could we be seeing the same thing here?

Unless you can choose the theme that playa in the levels like Generations, I don't think it will happen.

So...I like the tune they're going for in this theme. Even used to it.

The dubstep could be toned down a notch though.

I honestly wish the US CD soundtrack got more rep across the games. At the same time, this track was done way better in Generations. So eh. What's with all the poor attempts at dubstep in this game? The soundtrack so far is nowhere near as good as most of the other games. It's like they decided that dubstep was down with the kids so they did that rather than out of any sort of artistic direction, and music is usually unaffcted by something like that.

5 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Why dubstep? Are they seriously trying to make it cool and hip for the kids? And US version too? Wow, they really can't get anything right, can they? With every piece of information that comes out for Sonic Forces, it just keeps looking worse and worse.

Or maybe they just wanted to do a dubstep remix for the sake of trying a dubstep remix since the Sonic series always loves testing out things that are weird, new and alien to them.

It's not always about pleasing folks, you know. This fanbase could serve be a little less self-important, seriously.

With that said, since this is the US version, I went in expecting this to be a boring or terrible dubstep remix of it.

I'm pleasantly surprised to say that this is first time in history that I have ever actually liked the US version of this song. Finally, a version that doesn't put me to sleep. Unfortunately, I also think it's a bit too short before the loop and might get old fast. Oh well.

It's alright.

• Thumbs Up 2

Huh, looks like Metal Sonic is fought in the city level. And there's sections inside some kind of tunnel? Guess it's Modern Sonic that's fighting him this time, which makes sense.

Also yeah the track's alright. Not my favourite of the ones that have been uploaded but it's not bad. When are they gonna upload City Heights tho'

Sounds amazing though SD is good having it remixed harder than a nixer for a cake it's nice to hear the version I first heard as a kid in the 90s