Awoo.

Sonic Forces Theories

Red Hot Jack

I don't see a thread for theories yet so here it is:

- Let's start with some scoop: Tails and Knuckles might have a half-playable role. Everyone in the boxart is either playable, a boss... and then there's Tails and Knuckles. Why? That article did say the Avatar will be teaming up with classic Sonic characters, not just Modern Sonic. At the very least there will be a Tornado Tag Team stage.

- The Phantom Ruby may be what corrupted a normal furry into becoming Infinite. It's also possible Infinite is the Avatar, because, obviously he exists in every time, so with some loop it could be plausible. It could also be one of the canon characters, Future Sonic or Future Tails (there is some resemblance).

- Shadow, Metal Sonic, Zavok and Chaos are illusions created by Infinite, this may seem confirmed by the purple glitches by Chaos in the Infinite trailer and Metal Sonic's powers in the screens of his music video. After all none of them besides Metal Sonic is supposed to work with Eggman anymore. Alternatively, they may be simply powered up by Infinite.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Calling it: The Phantom Ruby in M.Sonic's world is the entire reason why the world has been taken over by Eggman in the first place. The game will start with no explanations, Eggman taking over the world in an instant, and Sonic apparently missing amidst it all, throwing you into the action in media res, with the CaC stepping up to the plate to defend his city. Sonic then eventually finds his way back to everyone else, and the game continues on. Eggman reveals backstory in the middle or at the finale of the game, and then everything is returned to normal with either the ruby under their control, or the chaos emeralds reacting with it.

Infinite... is probably a being born from the Phantom Ruby itself. Or more specifically, he is the Phantom Ruby itself. Possibly a being/warrior from another planet, or a dimension-hopper.

Mania spoilers:

In Mania, we know it's only been a short while since Sonic 3&K's ending, when suddenly the "mysterious energy source" pops up on Tails' readings. They fly out there, encounter the Eggrobos, and they proceed to excavate the source by just... plucking it from out of the ground.

It appearing so suddenly and only being underneath about three feet of dirt seems a little odd to me, so it lends to the idea of the gem suddenly falling into the earth's crust or randomly appearing in it rather than being an ancient artifact that's been there forever.

Then there's the fact that Infinite's sound effect for his powers immediately happens as soon as stuff starts going haywire. And throughout the game, the ruby either carries out the thoughts of the holder for powers, or has a mind of it's own, altering reality at whim. That seems less so an ability that Infinite would later harness, but moreso that the gem itself is sentient, and operates on it's own accord, especially when it comes in contact with energy like the Chaos Emeralds and starts screwing with everything in very specific ways.

Either way, Infinite has to be linked to the phantom ruby somehow, and I just can't see him being a creation of Eggman or a corrupted NPC, either, in a franchise like this. The dude has the stone sticking out of his chest. Being Sonic's version of a Crystal Gem seems far more likely, and it'd go hand-in-hand with the idea of Infinite "helping" Eggman taking over the world when he just randomly appeared overnight, gaining form only after Eggman had finished using his dormant form for the conquest of everything.

By the end of the game, he'll either gain enough power to truly control the timeline and universe, or he'll take off the mask and join Sonic to fight Eggman with the power of friendship or something :V

And Shadow will be in the villain roster, but he'll likely never really fight you, going by the way the press and PR wording on his inclusion. He's probably in it either A: to infiltrate Eggman's group undercover for GUN to discover what allowed him to take over the world so quickly, in the best case scenario, or B: he's just there to be undercover 'n mysterious 'n stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

The whole game is an illusion happening in Sonics mind...

... ... ... NayyyAhahahahahahahaaaaa! 

• Chuckle 1

Also to go a step beyond what I'm actually expecting out of the game...

If infinite actually ends up being an intersteller/dimensional warrior, with an insignia, seperate logo from his insignia, and everything... Since you can practically smell the betrayal coming from a mile away, what if the entire second half of the game pulls a (Kid Icarus spoilers)

Spoiler

Hades

moment, and you end up having to fight a whole new army and their forces, and/or their world after the credits roll?

That'd be rad as all get out, and it'd fit perfectly with the shorter stages this game is composed of, as well...

• Thumbs Up 1

*create your own playable character.

*Eggman has taken over the world, something we're supposed to believe he couldn't do on his own.

*Shadow and chaos have mysterious reasons for siding with eggman.

*story is more serious.

I've got It!

Sonic or classic sonic messed with something in the dreamcast era of sonic generations that spawned the rise of infinite and caused eggman to take over the world.

Sonic is trapped in a dreamcast. The ruby is the power source.

12 minutes ago, A wreaKING heavy engine said:

Sonic is trapped in a dreamcast. The ruby is the power source.

59a032217a788_download(1).jpg.94af80e51051f68426291e4360000658.jpg

It all makes so much stupid sense now!

Spoiler

I actually do have a dreamcast. I love the stupid thing. With it screaming like a banshee everytime it reads a disc

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 4

If the villains are illusions, what happened to the real Shadow? Why isn't he in the resistance?

• 3 weeks later...

Sonic Forces theory based on some of the details shown in the Forces Story Trailer:

Spoiler

Infinite and Buddy the Gizmo Wolf are siblings/friends, but Infinite had the misfortune of getting affected by the Phantom Ruby, driving him insane from the sheer agony he's in and affecting Buddy's memory and ability to speak. Eggman takes advantage of Infinite's affliction and turns him into his pawn under the pretense of finding a cure for him. Eggman in reality just plans to

1: eventually dispose of Infinite and keep the power of the Phantom Ruby for himself

2: deliberately drags out his part of the deal to keep Infinite under his service

3: experiments on Infinite to fuck up his memories so he doesn't remember his reason for being there outside of serving Eggman and opposing the Resistance.

Regardless, Buddy escapes despite his amnesia/muteness and his part of the story eventually becomes a tale of him trying desperately to get his sibling/friend back.

One theory regarding Infinite's design and origins. Sonic Mania spoilers below:

Spoiler

What if he is a mixture of memories from Sonic, Tails and Knuckles when they tried to retrieve the Phantom Ruby from Eggman and the Hard Boiled Heavies? His quills do not look too different from Knuckles, has a tail not too different from Tails and well...he doesn't exactly have a hard time keeping up with Sonic. (Kind of similar to Metal Sonic's copying ability in Heroes)

The hints are definitely in favour of that diamond on his chest being the same as the Phantom Ruby, with the same sound effects happening in both games. And going by the English sub of the new story it states that Modern Eggman created him.

Your thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 1

not so much a theory... but i like how forces appears to seem like it's going to have a bit of a darker storyline, like SA2. Looking good.

I have one theory that I actually don't like, but wouldn't surprise me if happens:

Spoiler

The end of the game sees Eggman and/or Infinite "win", someone dies, all seems lost, in the final boss battle Sonic and Buddy defeat Infinite, and use the Phamtom Ruby to rewind time and cause the entire Forces plot to never happen, with only Sonic and Buddy remembering it, while Classic Sonic is returned to Sonic Mania time. Essentially, the ending of Sonic '06.

I've been thinking of a plausible situation, let's say that Infinite is an expriment created by Eggman caused by fusing the Phantom Ruby with a random furry civilian that got kidnapped, that same furry could be a friend of the Avatar, which explains why he is in the resistance fighting back to save his friend before the Ruby takes full control of him.

Also I imagine a massive dimensional break on this game, with all the timelines and several dimensions being exploited by Infinite, this can be a serious game, I really hope SEGA will deliver it well.

Another theory I would like to point out is that, this game takes place in Mobius, that explains why all the civilians are the same species of Sonic and his friends, the world that is in Unleashed and the Adventure series is our planet Earth (after all there are humans in those games, notice that the stages from the classic sonic games does not appear at all on those, but it does on Forces, even the aesthetic in Forces is different if you look at the destroyed town) Eggman probably got tired of trying to take his own planet after all the failed attempts, so he decides to go back to Mobius for a big revenge on Sonic's planet by using everything on his disposal.

I actually like how Green Hill Zone is portrayed in this game, I know everyone is sick of it, but seeing it taken over by Eggman, with the water drained out, and machines all over the place, almost no life left, it leds to believe that our heroes were away from Mobius for a while and they didn't know that was happening on their own planet.

I don't know if there is an official source for this, but there is an image floating around that is a description of the shadow DLC that seems to almost strait up confirm some form of mind control due to to exposure to the weird ass cubes, or some form of corruption

On 25/08/2017 at 12:48 PM, Jack the Rookie said:

- Let's start with some scoop: Tails and Knuckles might have a half-playable role. Everyone in the boxart is either playable, a boss... and then there's Tails and Knuckles. Why? That article did say the Avatar will be teaming up with classic Sonic characters, not just Modern Sonic. At the very least there will be a Tornado Tag Team stage.

I think that rumour seems a little more plausible with the Episode Shadow announcement.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that the phantom ruby came to present time because of the vortex that opened in sonic mania!

Eggman remembered all about the gem and took it, tested it in his lab, and then created infinite. He is planning on using the Phantom Ruby's energy for destroying everything and then create EggmanLand......

also

I've been thinking... the Phantom Ruby is some kind of magic stone, right? So... maybe a new super form for Sonic? Like, instead of utilizing the chaos emerald, he would use phantom rubie's prototypes and transform into Super Infinite Sonic

I have a theory about each henchman's role in Eggman's army.

With Shadow, I think it's fair to say that he's against Eggman at first (during his DLC stages) until something brings him into direct conflict with Infinite. This most likely involves Omega either getting captured, or somehow being controlled by Eggman. Right now, I still think it's most likely that Shadow will be brainwashed to serve Eggman by the end of his 'Episode'. I think Metal Sonic is simply upgraded to utilise some of Infinite's powers, but this causes him to seem 'glitched'. Chaos, unless there's a damn good reason for him to be angry again, is most likely just an illusion or time-displaced, thanks to Infinite and/or the Phantom Ruby.

However, I don't think Zavok is an illusion at all, but rather the real deal from the present. I think, after creating Infinite (assuming he's created early on in the story) and controlling a fair amount of the world, Eggman returns to the Lost Hex with a new Cacophonic Conch. However, rather than forcibly recruit all of the Deadly Six, he has Infinite capture five of them as revenge for what they did last time, leaving Zavok to be controlled by Eggman with the conch. With just the one Zeti, he doesn't risk his entire robot army being used against him once more. Now, what he does with the other five Zeti after capturing them? Eh, who knows.

My own theory on Shadow is that his DLC stages are constructed by Infinite in order to gauge Shadow's abilities so that he can construct a better illusion of Shadow.  Capturing Omega was a means to an end to lure Shadow in.  Come the end of Shadow's campaign, I imagine Infinite will explain all this, conjure up an illusion of Shadow right before the original's eyes, and then they'll gang up on Shadow and take him prisoner so nobody will be any the wiser about his apparent defection.

My bullshit theories for what will probably be the biggest turd every crapped out by SEGA:

- The Phantom Ruby is the final boss. Once you beat Infinite, The Ruby will split from whatever idiot it was fused with, and the Ruby will have a mind of it's own.

My personal theories for what is happening in Sonic Forces: 

Infinite: A captured Blaze The Cat, corrupted and experimented upon by Eggman for many months which would explain why we haven't seen her at all.  Sega is well aware of the fact that Blaze has a fan base and not to see her AT ALL when we've seen the others is concerning.  If Silver has shown up WITHOUT Blaze, then that is concerning as well.  Blaze was able to act as a vessel for the Flames of Disaster in 06 so there's no reason she couldn't act as the Phantom Ruby's vessel.  She's an alternate Sonic after all, and the Phantom Ruby has been shown to amplify power as well as change one's self.  Plus, that tail of Infinite's is similar to Blaze's plus those shoes are awfully similar to high heels...kinda like the ones Blaze wears.  Eggman at this point in the series would not hesitate since he's going around destroying cities without so much as a blink...capturing and experimenting upon an alternate Sonic or equivalent is not beyond him.

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik's Plan: In the story trailer, Eggman says in "three days, you will all disappear."...so Eggman once again has something up his sleeve to once and for all destroy any and all who oppose him.  Since we really haven't seen it in 3D save for a couple cameos, why not a DEATH EGG?  That's the one device I can think of to make someone disappear and strike fear into all that oppose him.  Plus, we haven't ended a game in space for awhile since Colors.

The Avatar:In the story trailer, we can see that Infinite and the Avatar have a connection...for the story I'm thinking of, the Avatar was saved by Blaze The Cat one day and became inspired by her courage when they gave each other a fist bump.    The Avatar witnesses her capture and joins the resistance to save her after begin unable to find her for months wanting to return the favor and in turn do something to save the world like Blaze.  Throughout the story, the Avatar tries to get through to the former Blaze thus the use of the Fist Bump.  

Shadow: A similar reason for the Avatar joining the Resistance more in a forced scenario...Omega has been recaptured and reprogrammed by Doctor Eggman.  Shadow is working with Eggman to keep Omega alive...after all, he and Omega are a lot alike being creations of the Robotnik family.   He's working with Robotnik while figuring out a way to beat him from the inside...Infinite is far too powerful an ally to Eggman to outright go after him...Infinite would only thrash him, which is why Shadow has to find a way to beat Infinite and the Doctor...

Zavok: He respects a greater power and wisdom as he respected Master Zik in Lost World, so after the world was taken over he chose to bow to the greater power of Infinite.  He's only there because of Infinite's presence...not to bow down before Eggman per say.

Chaos:  This one is tricky but not too out of the ordinary...since the doctor can access different dimensions it's not too out of left field to figure that Eggman found Chaos' home dimension and threatened to hurt some Chao so Chaos agrees to work with the Doctor.  A common theme with the doctor's assembled minions is that each of them are working with Eggman not because they want to, but that they what's essentially a gun to their heads and long as they comply, everything is peachy keen.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a new one, regarding the endgame:

Spoiler

If Infinite really does have some kind of connection to the Avatar (and/or develops one over the course of the game) then maybe he actually gets de-corrupted and is eventually saved, greatly pissing off Eggman. He'd then use the Phantom Ruby itself to power a new mech, with the intent of 'rebooting' the world and completely undoing the Resistance's efforts. The two Sonics use the Chaos Emeralds (either obtained through the story, or a different method) to face Eggman one last time.

Upon Eggman's defeat, the Phantom Ruby reacts to the Chaos Emeralds yet again, opening another portal. Classic Sonic is sent through, most likely returning to the Mania 'dimension', while Modern Sonic and the Avatar return to the Resistance for a celebration. Roll credits.

• Thumbs Up 3

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:27 PM, Sgt Jack V said:

My bullshit theories for what will probably be the biggest turd every crapped out by SEGA:

- The Phantom Ruby is the final boss. Once you beat Infinite, The Ruby will split from whatever idiot it was fused with, and the Ruby will have a mind of it's own.

Is it bad that I could see this happening?

On 9/22/2017 at 12:20 AM, SatAMhog said:

Infinite: A captured Blaze The Cat, corrupted and experimented upon by Eggman for many months which would explain why we haven't seen her at all.  Sega is well aware of the fact that Blaze has a fan base and not to see her AT ALL when we've seen the others is concerning. 

Bit of an old post, and I don't mean this as an attack on you or anything, but I've really got to say how legitimately repulsive this theory is to me. To take a cool, interesting, and overall positively received character, and the series's strongest female character to boot, and have her role in the game be getting captured, tortured, and brainwashed/possessed/whatever, just so there can be some extra drama when the mask comes off...it's honestly really gross, and I can't imagine any Blaze fan actually being happy about it.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

Bit of an old post, and I don't mean this as an attack on you or anything, but I've really got to say how legitimately repulsive this theory is to me. To take a cool, interesting, and overall positively received character, and the series's strongest female character to boot, and have her role in the game be getting captured, tortured, and brainwashed/possessed/whatever, just so there can be some extra drama when the mask comes off...it's honestly really gross, and I can't imagine any Blaze fan actually being happy about it.

Sega killed Sonic before and had Blaze sacrifice herself in '06.  It's not beyond the realm of possibility that this has happened to Blaze...Blaze has made an appearance of some sort in every major or spinoff since 06'(save Lost World and a few other games), and the fact that she's not appearing in any promotional material(we've seen Silver, the Chaotix, Rogue, Knuckles, Tails and Amy...every character that appeared in Generations save for Cream) may be that they're trying to make the reveal that much more shocking but again, this is Sega we're talking about...they would do something like this.  I would not be happy AT ALL if it turns out to be her but signs are showing that it might just be some random guy that Eggman captured that the Ruby is corrupting.  I made my theory based on the fact that we haven't seen her and she's the only character with a tail like that(Big has a tail like that but the dramatic impact wouldn't be that great to be honest) not to mention the hair extensions/dreadlocks on the head(Blaze has hair like that but not as wild).  Hopefully everything turns out for the best.  Thanks for the comment on my theory though, I do appreciate the feedback(good to know someone read them lol).

I'll say this if Blaze is involved in the plot I personally think it would be that given how she's no where to be seen with the Resistance then considering Eggman has a prison for those he has captured then a character like Cream being part of those captured would be a reason why we don't see her given their established relationship from Sonic Rush to save her first friend that means a lot or heck if Blaze herself is captured (or just easily that she's in her own dimension being the most obvious choice). 

The fact we have a episode Shadow gives me hope for a episode Blaze too given that she's the only other character aside from Shadow that follows in line as playing like Sonic (of course there's Metal Sonic but fat chance).