Awoo.

Sonic Forces forgets the basic rule of 3D platforming...

memoryman3

Just now, Tails spin said:

Question, let's take sonic out of the question. When you buy something, a car, a tv, a book, a chair, a bed ,a gaming console, etc. Do you buy it blindly or do you give it a look, test run, read, sit on it, play it before you buy?

We may not have the luxury of physical playimg the game but thank goodness we have the ability to see a product and decide if we want it or not.

I was being sarcastic, check my other posts ahahaha!

4 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

This is disgusting! I mean, people judging a game from a demo? No wonder the world is fucked up!

For some games you really can't just judge by the demo though, I think the Nier Automata demo is pretty misleading when it comes to the game itself, the Wonderful 101 demo does an extremely poor job of explaining the player's options and contains a limited ability set compared to the final game and I really wish I could think of a 3rd bad demo here so I sound more convincing but I can't (oh wait I do: Fahrenheit, David Cage's first game misled you into thinking it would be a cool game with it's demo instead of the stupid garbage that it was)

Skill based or challenging games in general tend to demo poorly because people in the press don't know how to fucking play.

5 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

Question, let's take sonic out of the question. When you buy something, a car, a tv, a book, a chair, a bed ,a gaming console, etc. Do you buy it blindly or do you give it a look, test run, read, sit on it, play it before you buy?

We may not have the luxury of physical playimg the game but thank goodness we have the ability to see a product and decide if we want it or not.

Would you buy a car based on a video of someone driving the car though? Or the marketing produced video of someone driving the car in the best possible situation

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

4 minutes ago, Remy said:

For some games you really can't just judge by the demo though, I think the Nier Automata demo is pretty misleading when it comes to the game itself, the Wonderful 101 demo does an extremely poor job of explaining the player's options and contains a limited ability set compared to the final game and I really wish I could think of a 3rd bad demo here so I sound more convincing but I can't (oh wait I do: Fahrenheit, David Cage's first game misled you into thinking it would be a cool game with it's demo instead of the stupid garbage that it was)

Skill based or challenging games in general tend to demo poorly because people in the press don't know how to fucking play.

That is actually true, I agree 100%. Some demos are misleading and some misrepresent the final product. I tried Nier Automata's demo and I left feeling "eh..." but I loved the game to death when I played it.

The situation here is different though, Forces isn't exactly breaking new grounds. I mean, we know how that stuff plays, we have been there before and we know how much ST is willing to push the envelope. Doesn't help that anything they've shown until now has been just more of the same.

And most of the things people are criticizing don't even have to do with a particular zone's level design. Automation is something that doesn't change from one stage to the other, design philosophy neither. The way the game handles, the way they're scattering Dash Hoops all around, and all the other things that have been pointed out.

I think it's fair to say that what we've been shown so far is a good indicator of what we should expect to come out on Nov 7th.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 minutes ago, Remy said:

Would you buy a car based on a video of someone driving the car though? Or the marketing produced video of someone driving the car in the best possible situation

Yeah your right  . I just threw that in there more to getting a car than reading about it or watching someone drive it.

Unleashed should have been a slap in the face regarding the need for a drop shadow. Its not like they haven't seen what happens when you leave it out.

It is a rather simple fix, but its annoying that it wasn't high enough on the priority list to be already implemented.

Like I stated in a previous thread, Sonic Team are repeating the same mistakes with Sonic Forces. Either they're really that stupid, the demo is not representative of the final game, or they're really that damn stupid.

2 hours ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Really? I guess you know how Sonic Team develops their games? It's a simple fix that they may get in to on the final polishing stages. How do you even know the final build is two months away? Did I miss something that Forces got a final "official" release date?

I'm not saying they will fix this, but regardless this build is not the final one so it's still a beta build. So what you saw may not reflect the final product of Sonic Forces.

...come on guys. This thread will look silly when the final product is out and they did fix this.

If you consider how a game goes "gold" before release, then we're looking at 2 months til it's ready to print. 

And stop and think to yourself. Do you honestly believe they're going to put a drop shadow in when they couldn't even think to omit song lyrics while characters are talking to each other? Do you think the dogshit interface will be cleaned up to look less like a PowerPoint template? What about the level design? Even if the rest of the levels are much, much better, we've seen enough blandness now to know that it will almost certainly impact the overall experience. 

I'm speaking as someone who PREFERS the boost gameplay to Classic Sonic. Generations is, gameplay-wise, my favorite in the series. But even then, you don't need a degree in game design to know that Mania fulfills much more of its formula's potential than does ANY 3D Sonic game. Again, I prefer Generations and Colors to the classics and Mania, but objectively speaking, the classics and Mania are better games. 

The gameplay shown of Forces, meanwhile, is a step down from Generations in every area this side of story, graphics and framerate. There is no Classic bias agenda going on. If what we've seen turns out to represent the entirety of Forces, everyone should demand better. 

• Thumbs Up 9