Awoo.

Let's take a look at Sonic forces Stages

sonicdudeatdawn

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

you have to understand there are a handful of memebers here that hate the 3d games. time and time again their main gripes are its uninteresting, Why isnt it like 2D mania, or the we simply hate 3d games. do not get us wrong we dont want to hate it but since its not the vision we have for the game in our heads we hate it. Do not try to understand it.

Who here has ever said that they hate the games for being 3D?

Who here has ever asked for this game to be more 2D?

Why is "uninteresting" suddenly not a valid complaint and opinion?

Jesus fucking Christ. I'm out. The sheer levels of idiocy, fanboyism and general pig-headedness on display here are are more than I can tolerate right now. I'm not going to sink to this level.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Jesus fucking Christ. I'm out. The sheer levels of idiocy, fanboyism and general pig-headedness on display here are are more than I can tolerate right now. I'm not going to sink to this level.

then fare thee well blue blood, may mania's physical release be on the horizon for yo.

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 2

Just now, Blue Blood said:

Who here has ever said that they hate the 3D games?

Who here has ever asked for more 2D?

Why is "uninteresting" suddenly not a valid complaint and opinion?

I don't hate 3D games, but I dislike the boost games something fierce.

In the first couple of 3D games, you had decent fluid 3D platforming. Sonic didn't control like a car. The levels mixed up speed and platforming, and enemies were more than just flimsy obstacles that you mindlessly boosted through.

Like, the early 3D games were flawed, but I'll take their more competent level design and controls over the repetitive "boost through everything" formula we have now.

• Thumbs Up 5

6 minutes ago, sonicdudeatdawn said:

Not one pro in there, just cons

Yeah, unfortunately there's literally nothing about these stages that is any good.

7 minutes ago, sonicdudeatdawn said:

also nice way to be disrespectful of my opinion. thanks i hope the thumbs ups are worth it

How do you think I'm being disrespectful of your opinion?

Dude, the honest truth is, I don't give enough of a shit about your opinion to disrespect it. All I've done is give my honest opinions about the levels we've seen so far.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'll admit that even my most praised level: Avatar GHZ

Pales In comparison to 2006's kingdom valley demo stage, multiple routes, cool platforming, that bridge collapsing as you near it killing enemies, GRINDING ON WIND!

I Just realised that this might turn into YET ANOTHER shitstorm. piss

Edited by sonicdudeatdawn

32 minutes ago, sonicdudeatdawn said:

I'll admit that even my most praised level: Avatar GHZ

Pales In comparison to 2006's kingdom valley demo stage, multiple routes, cool platforming, that bridge collapsing as you near it killing enemies, GRINDING ON WIND!

I agree. KV demo stage was amazing and controlled much better than the end game. Grinding on the wind, the music, and the look were all amazing. But then the team went to hell with splits and rushes to push a game out for the anniversary we got less than we should have. Still I have fond memories of that game. 

The only stage I do not care for atm is classic sonics first one. Do not get me wrong i love my little blue classic bud. But having been around 26 years of my life i like to see him stand on his own and my modern sonic get his own time to shine some as well.

Still that tag team stage running up the base transition was fucking amazing to me.

Just now, Meta77 said:

Still that tag team stage running up the base transition was fucking amazing to me.

together we can show the world what we can do

You are next to me and i'm next to you

pushing on through until the battles won

thank you m8y. i

• Nice Smile 1

34 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Im surprised how positive some people have been about that, because it's one of the things in Forces that has disappointed me the most.

A quicktime event that boosts you up the side of the pyramid without any further need for player input is probably the least interesting way I can imagine to scale the pyramid. One of the things I hate the most about the Boost-style games is that the backgrounds consistently look more interesting than the actual levels. This feels like yet another example of that except the pyramid isn't part of the background, its just a wasted part of the stage.

I wish there was actually some sort of challenge involved with getting inside. Even a quickstep section would have been a more interesting use of the level space.

• Thumbs Up 7

4 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Im surprised how positive some people have been about that, because it's one of the things in Forces that has disappointed me the most.

A quicktime event that boosts you up the side of the pyramid without any further need for player input is probably the least interesting way I can imagine to scale the pyramid. One of the things I hate the most about the Boost-style games is that the backgrounds consistently look more interesting than the actual levels. This feels like yet another example of that except the pyramid isn't part of the background, its just a wasted part of the stage.

I wish there was actually some sort of challenge involved with getting inside. Even a quickstep section would have been a more interesting use of the level space.

Im sure there's more to it. Notice how the boost gauge is draining really fast? I think you need to hit a bunch of shit to keep it going or else humorous death. ( which i will be doing a lot of)

16 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

True but for me it's the fact how smooth it is and the joy of having a oc of mine running with sonic in a full on rush into a huge base. Sure it could have more to it but with that alone in excited

1 hour ago, sonicdudeatdawn said:

Can I ask you to rewatch the avatar GHZ and PA please.

1. if only sonic mania had that (how the fuck did i go from oil ocean to lava reef)

2.I'll admit this: I am now confused

Oh come on! You use spoiler tags every single  time and the one time you're supposed to you don't?

Now I got almost all of the stages spoilered, thank you so much for being so considerate

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

18 minutes ago, sonicdudeatdawn said:

Im sure there's more to it. Notice how the boost gauge is draining really fast? I think you need to hit a bunch of shit to keep it going or else humorous death. ( which i will be doing a lot of)

There is a video out in the wild that shows what happens if you don't cause enough destruction to keep the boost going.

If you let the meter drop to zero, then both characters stop "boosting" and fall back into a slower pace, minus the boost aura overshield.

Of course, since this track is so simple, and the back half stretch is devoid of any enemies or obstacles, Sonic and OC essentially just hold hands up the side of the pyrimid until they run into some rings near the top, which gives them enough kick to restart the boost animation.

For a game-play mechanic... its unbelievably dull. You could probably let go of the controller at this section an watch it play itself. But, thats not the whole story. This game seems to be first and foremost a vehicle to sell you on your own fancharacter. A collection of fun set-pieces and screen-grab moments where you can feel good living in your childhood fantasies of making your own Sonic character. The giant crab gave us this, and the double boost all but rubs it in your face. 

In that light, people are going to eat the double boost up and ask for seconds.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Oh come on! You use spoiler tags every single  time and the one time you're supposed to you don't?

Now I got almost all of the stages spoilered, thank you so much for being so considerate

I feel you. For me at this point I know all the stages and their order. I just haven't seen their level design and boss battles.