Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speedruns

Dannymax440

I'm now convinced this is the most OP boost in the series. Notice the timing on the jumps that gives him a lot of air time. What are your thoughts?

Looking forward to Classic Sonic's Green Desert Zone just to see how much the drop dash will be abused.

• Thumbs Up 2

Untitled.thumb.png.5cd612cc76c955521f2b994996af044f.png

Not the best run (obviously), but considering that I was playing it at a huge convention with a lot of people watching, I think I did pretty well. For those who are confused about the air boost: Usually it's not that powerful, but if you jump before the first boost pad it seems that you skip a trigger that changes gravity and the game gets really confused, which is why the air boost is this powerful. 

Just some clarification. The air boost during the quick step section was insane. lol

Game should be great for speed running. Afterall the fastest distance between two points is a straight line, and this games full of em. 

I kid, I kid. Hopefully later levels are more complex. I always get a kick out of people who mastered the levels. They make it look easy to blast through a stage effortlessly. 

Oh my word please don't tell me the boost pads are needed to make Sonic run downwards correctly in the first place. This is an altered version of SLW's physics engine to be fair, but I don't think it'd be that bad...

2 hours ago, The Deleter said:

Oh my word please don't tell me the boost pads are needed to make Sonic run downwards correctly in the first place. This is an altered version of SLW's physics engine to be fair, but I don't think it'd be that bad...

Not that I've noticed, though I didn't try run downwards after avoiding the first boost pad via QS. Maybe someone at PAX could check that out?

3 hours ago, The Deleter said:

I don't think that's the case, from all the footage I've seen. Why did you get that impression? As bad as the physics engine looks right now, it's not broken. Just inexistent like in Lost World.