Awoo.

Ever wanted to play a game you used to love, yet were afraid to play it in case you no longer liked it as much as you used to?

dämmerung_rabbit

A month ago, I powered on my Gamecube. Grabbing my copy of Vexx, a game I hadn't played since the winter of 2013, my hopes of loving it as much as I had years ago had soon faded as I played more of it and I realized it just wasn't worth it.

The title of this topic says it all, has this ever happened to you?

• Thumbs Up 1

As what the saying goes, everything change as we grow old. This has also happened to me, the games that I used to love before seems to be boring nowadays as my preference has changed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Simpsons hit and run for me. When I was a kid it blew my mind with how massive the world seemed, and I remember exploring it for hours finding all the cards and secrets. Now though it's absolutely nothing in comparison to games like GTA V and when I played it again recently it surprised me with how small it actually was and the fact that the game wasn't really open world in the first place kinda ruined it for me lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay so, recently I replayed a bunch of older Sonic games. Had no worries with the 2D games, but I was honestly expecting to not like the Adventure games as much as I used to. Hell, when I booted them up briefly a few months back (it was the first time in a while I had access to a system that could play my GCN games), I remember not having much of a good time.

But as it turns out actually sitting down to properly play them was a different experience. The flaws are more noticeable now but when it comes down to it, they're still the same games I remembered. The only place I ever cut corners was with Mad Space and Cannon's Core...and with the latter it was my fault. I accidentally reset the entire thing during one of the later sections and I'm sorry, I actually love Cannon's Core both conceptually and in execution, but--no, I wasn't going to go through the whole thing again that soon.

On the other side of the coin, I'm sorry but I don't enjoy Kirby Air Ride much anymore. City Trial is fun but uhhhh, I've noticed I usually lose interest pretty quickly. I've never bothered to unlock everything in it either. If they ever make a follow up (unlikely, but) it'd be nice if they gave us more to do and y'know, made other modes fun..

• Thumbs Up 2