Awoo.

A project that's in 'development hell' and you want to see released?

dämmerung_rabbit

Not counting any projects that have been cancelled of coarse, but for me it's an anime called Despera, a spiritual successor to 1999 cult classic cyberpunk anime series Serial Experiments Lain. The anime was to be lead  by the three key people who made Lain what is was, those being famously bizarre writer Chiaki J. Konaka, my favorite character designer ever Yoshitoshi ABe and was to be directed by the late Ryutaro Nakamura, who unfortunately died from pancreatic cancer in 2013 his untimely death being the main cause of the hold of the project. However, in 2014 ABe announced they found a new director, but nothing new has yet to come from Despera. A graphic novel series, does in fact exist, yet it has yet to be translated to English and is currently running in Japanese magazine Animage.

I also recall a Crazy Taxi movie being in development for years yet it faded away and I never heard much from it.

A little game called Project Phoenix mostly because I FUCKING PAID FOR IT ALREADY!!!!

This and Mighty no. 9 are a cautionary tale for backers. Always delve into developers history games, never go in on faith alone.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Balding Spider said:

A little game called Project Phoenix mostly because I FUCKING PAID FOR IT ALREADY!!!!

This and Mighty no. 9 are a cautionary tale for backers. Always delve into developers history games, never go in on faith alone.

Wow fucken mega R.I.P if you were one of the people who pledged $950-$10k on this when ti was due to come out in 2015.  

My answer for this is beyond good and evil 2. Back in the day it probably would have been Guilty Gear 3, but that one actually came out, finally. BG&E2 I expect will be my answer to this question for a very, very long time. A cool idea for a game massively overscoped, apparently. 

Tron 3. I mean yeah, a trailer exists but the project was scrapped. 

But then recently Jeff Bridges suggested that Tron 3 should be one of the first VR films, so I'm hoping that's the vaguest hint that Disney are still interested in keeping the franchise going!

Absolutely loved Legacy and must have seen it like 6 times in the cinema back in the day. Which then got me to watch the original. It's simply one of my favourite Sci-fi franchises out there. Though personally I'm on a bit of a high at the moment after watching both last week and starting my next cosplay based on Legacy :D And finally giving Uprising a watch even though cgi cartoons never really appeal to me. 

The Metal Gear Solid movie that may or may not still be in production. Sure, it would likely not be very good, but I'm still curious to see what it would be like. Too bad the series is basically dead now because of Konami's actions.