Awoo.

Sonic Forces Demo Playable at PAX West

Shiny Gems

I find that funny how Ruby is all like "Tomoya worked on the Colors soundtrack too... Jun Senoue did the guitars and also did the Adventure era OST... and Shun Nakamura is the director", but doesn't mention that he is also the Sonic 2006 Director.

7 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

I find that funny how Ruby is all like "Tomoya worked on the Colors soundtrack too... Jun Senoue did the guitars and also did the Adventure era OST... and Shun Nakamura is the director", but doesn't mention that he is also the Sonic 2006 Director.

It would be bad PR to do so, and wouldn't inspire a lot of confidence in viewers.

6 minutes ago, Toa Axis said:

It would be bad PR to do so, and wouldn't inspire a lot of confidence in viewers.

Of course, but to fans who have the knowledge of the series history it's funny. And would also be awkward of anyone was to ask "and what games did Nakamura work on?". That's oddly specific and unlikely to happen though. 

He could say Billy Hatcher, Rythm Thief, Sonic R... Nakamura's record isn't all that bad after all. Let's remember he jumped in halfway through Sonic 2006, when it was pretty much already doomed.

Not that Forces looks good, mind you, hahaha.

• Thumbs Up 3

wow are you kidding me. Sonic forces does not have any exploration what so ever... what a let down i hope it fails and sega learns why we are tired of the same bs every time a new 3d sonic game is made. im getting Mario odyssey screw forces.

2 hours ago, James Cloud said:

Meh oh well doesn't need it

to be honest it does Mario odyssey looks like the better game then sonic forces. because all forces is is the same game with a crappy character creator. its not fun this time i think sonic forces is going to be terrible because how boring the game is gonna be im gonna predict that this game is gonna be worst then 06 and boom because how basic and boring it looks. now i know why people want sonic adventure 3 because the adventure style of game play is better not this boost to win crap. 

39 minutes ago, Frameratesparkle said:

to be honest it does Mario odyssey looks like the better game then sonic forces. 

To be honest, Mario Odyssey looks like the better game than most platformers including other Mario platformers.

Are we still on the ol' Mario vs. Sonic thing? It's pretty obvious who won.

its not fun this time i think sonic forces is going to be terrible because how boring the game is gonna be im gonna predict that this game is gonna be worst then 06 and boom because how basic and boring it looks.

Haha. Hahaha.

I'll be aghast, honestly impressed if it's as bad as those two, and really the only way it could is if Sonic starts falling through the floor sporadically. 

2 hours ago, James Cloud said:

Meh oh well doesn't need it

to be honest it does Mario odyssey looks like the better game then sonic forces. because all forces is is the same game with a crappy character creator. its not fun this time i think sonic forces is going to be terrible because how boring the game is gonna be im gonna predict that this game is gonna be worst then 06 and boom because how basic and boring it looks. now i know why people want sonic adventure 3 because the adventure style of game play is better not this boost to win crap. 

Just now, NoKaine said:

To be honest, Mario Odyssey looks like the better game than most platformers including other Mario platformers.

Are we still on the ol' Mario vs. Sonic thing? It's pretty obvious who won.

Haha. Hahaha.

I'll be aghast, honestly impressed if it's as bad as those two, and really the only way it could is if Sonic starts falling through the floor sporadically. 

yeah well i dont want to play a game so linear 

3 minutes ago, Frameratesparkle said:

yeah well i dont want to play a game so linear 

That's fine, but it'll never be on the same level as '06 and Boom. 

• Thumbs Up 4

i am gonna say this its very stupid not to add exploration in your game because a lot of sonic fans wanted something not linear and that just killed the forces hype 

7 minutes ago, Frameratesparkle said:

i am gonna say this its very stupid not to add exploration in your game because a lot of sonic fans wanted something not linear and that just killed the forces hype 

The boost formula almost inherently restricts exploration so anyone who was looking forward to the game won't be surprised.

Non-linear level design, i.e. different paths and ways to play, that's a different story.

And by "exploration" I'm sure you mean "hub worlds" which 1) hasn't been a thing since 2008 and 2) most people are fine with it staying there. Hub worlds mean crap when it comes to exploration, honestly, at the very least it is entirely divorced from the main gameplay.

1 hour ago, Frameratesparkle said:

then im not gonna be a sonic fan this fanbase sucks and im going to mario

Um, bye then, I guess?

Anyway, I didn't expect any sort of hub world in this game, so eh, whatever. Sure could've been cool to make the HQ sort of a safe zone where you can talk to others, but again, that's not something I've expected anyway

While I think this game's theming could lend itself to a hub world, I think you guys are being a touch melodramatic.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, LunchPolice said:

While I think this game's theming could lend itself to a hub world, I think you guys are being a touch melodramatic.

what do you mean?

I pretty much had no faith there'd be hubs the moment Classic Sonic reared his face in the very first teaser trailer, but yet, with four years of development, I was at least somewhat hopeful we'd get something like a hub world for modern Sonic and/or the avatar at least, but alas, Forces continues to look like a game with very little features. I don't think it needs hubs to be good or anything, but I am disappointed since hub worlds were always a good way to just chill for a little bit after a lot of playtime. Here's hoping we get a lot of stages to compensate. 

I really enjoyed the interview though. Webber is a great guy. I have tons of respect for him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Flame Lance said:

I pretty much had no faith there'd be hubs the moment Classic Sonic reared his face in the very first teaser trailer, but yet, with four years of development, I was at least somewhat hopeful we'd get something like a hub world for modern Sonic and/or the avatar at least, but alas, Forces continues to look like a game with very little features. I don't think it needs hubs to be good or anything, but I am disappointed since hub worlds were always a good way to just chill for a little bit after a lot of playtime. Here's hoping we get a lot of stages to compensate. 

I really enjoyed the interview though. Webber is a great guy. I have tons of respect for him. 

or maybe they are just not confirming it yet because this game was in the works for 4 years unleashed was 2 also the game is coming out on ps4 and xbox one also they are saying this is not a short sonic game also there was a rumor about hub worlds in the game so ether this is true or Aron Webber is just not giving out the information i mean unleashed had a world map and had hubs as well i just wait and see. 

5 hours ago, Mayor D said:

... ... .... If you are that easily swayed... could you like paypal me all your money?

I was gonna ask that >:(

Whilst many fans are disappointed by lack of hub worlds, others who can't stand them might actually be glad as they feel it breaks the games pacing.

(Personally, I don't really care if there are hub worlds or not but if they have to be there, they should be short and charming).

11 hours ago, simtek34 said:

If he said that Nakamura was the Sonic 2006 director, it would be a PR nightmare for Sega and the game, and the last thing Webber wants to do is give the franchise he cares about a bad name. Common sense.

Likewise, if anyone is crazy enough to compare what is at best an average game to one of the worst games not only in the franchise, but of all time, then I don't know what else to say.

• Thumbs Up 1

No hub worlds isn't a dealbreaker for me. But admittedly I am curious what they've been doing for the last 4 years. They must be holding a lot of information back (or pulling a Kid Icarus: Uprising) to justify/explain the length of development time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, that bums me out. This balancing act of looking forward to something and then being disappointed by something that Forces is doing continues to kill me. The only thing I remain certain of is that I'll like it more than Colors and Generations but it's probably only really because of the aspects those games didn't have being what I tend to value more in a Sonic game. 

It was kind of Aaron to give a shout out to the people who grew up with SA2:B. Specifically he said "Battle" at the end which is the one I grew up with. I had no choice but to smile and give the thumbs up back to him. 

23 hours ago, Frameratesparkle said:

then im not gonna be a sonic fan this fanbase sucks and im going to mario

Not sure the next game after Oddysey will have hubs. Or if Oddysey has real hubs.

Though I've never been a fan of hubs past SA1 it would've been cool to have a little central command area to talk to the other Sonic characters, oh well