Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Heroes Academy: Uprising - A Multiversal Adventure Beyond Fiction and Reality (Please Read First Page Before Joining)

Failinhearts

"Good one, Kaede! Now, let's finish this!" Sonic fistbumps the Pianist.

Kaede nods. "Right!" She knows this isn't over yet, so she gets in a fighting stance, ready to strike.

Sayaka stands in front of the two, her cape in front of her, bracing herself for any sort of trump card.

• Thumbs Up 3

"Well, that certainly opened up some holes!" said Chi, seeing no further point in scanning. He and Omega then proceeded to go to town on the downed Monomecha, firing at every weak spot they could find. "SURRENDER, TIME-TRAVELLERS! YOU HAVE NOWHERE ELSE TO RUN!" Omega told Cassidy and Beta, while firing at the mech.

Meanwhile, Silver felt his ESP recovering. As chunks of debris headed towards him and Ray, Silver began to grab some of it using his powers. "No-one... hurts my friends!" he said, sending the debris flying towards the mech. Soon, Silver saw Sarge approaching them. "Over here!" he shouted, to get the Sarge's attention.

• Thumbs Up 3

As Lumina and Jessica fired a few last shots at Beta, a chain of explosions rocked his body, sending him crashing down into the felled Monomecha.

Cassidy snarled as the drill arm pointed towards the cave entrance and started spinning. "NO! NO! NO!" she shouted, slamming her fists onto the console of her capsule. "JESSICA POWELL, YOU'RE A DEAD BITCH!"

The arm shot off towards the cave, where it would surely cause a cave-in with Jessica's past self still inside! But Jessica was too far away to deal with it, as were all the other Skylanders!

"No... no, no no!" Jessica exclaimed in horror.

• Thumbs Up 3

"Hang on! I can get it!" Sonic begins running as fast as he can, but before he can get anywhere near it, he trips. "Agh! What the he-"

Sonic's eyes widen, noticing that the Monomecha's exposed wires have latched onto Sonic's legs. "DAMMIT! They were prepared for me!" He smashes the ground with his fist. "Jess, NO!"

• Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

Meanwhile, Silver felt his ESP recovering. As chunks of debris headed towards him and Ray, Silver began to grab some of it using his powers. "No-one... hurts my friends!" he said, sending the debris flying towards the mech. Soon, Silver saw Sarge approaching them. "Over here!" he shouted, to get the Sarge's attention.

"There's Silver and Ray!" Mog pointed to Sarge

"We're coming!" Sarge called out. The two then saw Cassidy's desperate plan in action and began to panic!

"Oh shit!" Sarge cried out. Mog gasped covering her mouth with both hands. 

Ray gasped in horror. "Silver, we gotta do something!" Ray flailed about, but the flying squirrel was too weak to do much else. All Delta could do was watch a madwoman try and kill their friend's past version of themself. 

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

As Lumina and Jessica fired a few last shots at Beta, a chain of explosions rocked his body, sending him crashing down into the felled Monomecha.

Cassidy snarled as the drill arm pointed towards the cave entrance and started spinning. "NO! NO! NO!" she shouted, slamming her fists onto the console of her capsule. "JESSICA POWELL, YOU'RE A DEAD BITCH!"

The arm shot off towards the cave, where it would surely cause a cave-in with Jessica's past self still inside! But Jessica was too far away to deal with it, as were all the other Skylanders!

"No... no, no no!" Jessica exclaimed in horror.

Nicole and Genji look at the drill about to cave them in with horror.

"SOMEONE GET THE DRILL!" Nicole shouts, terrified of the fate that would befall them.

• Thumbs Up 4

As the arm flew towards the cave, however, a black sphere engulfed the arm and shrank, devouring the weapon in an instant. The Skylanders and the two time travellers saw the one responsible walking towards them; utterly furious with tears running down their cheeks.

"You're not hurting my friends anymore!" yelled Voidica, as Null Blast after Null Blast struck the Monomecha, causing another chain of explosions across its chassis as Beta was thrown high into the air while Cassidy pulled her capsule free. In the cracked glass, she was frantically typing away at the controls, but with a flash of purple, a beam of magic engulfed the capsule, shattering the glass and sending the ship crashing down into Beta and the mech, before one final satisfying explosion signified their defeat.

Jessica was taken aback at Voidica's last attack. "W...was that..."

"The one percent of your Core that's pure magic? Ibuki would say yes," Ibuki responded, equally as awestruck.

• Thumbs Up 4

"...Voidica?!" Sayaka exclaims in shock after slicing the wires off Sonic.

Sonic softly chuckles. "The kid's actually harnessed that part of her, huh?" He gets up and runs to the Elemental, dashing past the debris.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Mightyray said:

Ray gasped in horror. "Silver we gotta do something!"

"I... I can't! I-it's too far!" said Silver. Not only was the arm out of reach, but Silver's ESP hadn't fully recovered enough for him to grab it anyway.

====================================================================================================================

Soon Silver, Chi and Omega witnessed Voidica's utter decimation of the Monomecha, along with Cassidy's and Beta's defeats. "Whoa..." said Silver, awestruck at the powers that Voidica used. Chi was practically speechless, while Omega grew an appreciation for the young girl. "IMPRESSIVE!" he remarked, giving her a thumbs-up.

• Thumbs Up 3

Delta stood there mouth agape, holy moly Voidica, she was on a completely different level. 

"Can she be a member Sarge?" Mog asked after seeing Voidica completely dash Cassidy's trump card by herself. "Please?"

Sarge didn't answer... he knew the answer was clearly no, he just didn't have the heart to tell Mog.

"Can't Mr Clockwork let her live?" Mog then pouted trying to look as sweet as possible.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Mightyray said:

"Can't Mr Clockwork let her live?" Mog then pouted trying to look as sweet as possible.

"If she does live however... who will die to give us the Jess WE know?" Sayaka tells Mog. "She's the only one with that core she will inherit!"

Sayaka crosses her arms and sighs, sad. "We can't just conjure another Voidica from thin air..."

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"...Voidica?!" Sayaka exclaims in shock after slicing the wires off Sonic.

Sonic softly chuckles. "The kid's actually harnessed that part of her, huh?" He gets up and runs to the Elemental, dashing past the debris.

"Harnessed?" Voidica asked, looking around, noticing the flaming wreckage of the mech. "W-What do you mean?"

Lumina smiled. "Well, I'm not sure how she does it, but I've seen her do this when she's in great distress." She walked up to Voidica and kept on talking. "And I try my very best to keep her out of those situations as much as I can, what were you DOING, Voidica?! YOU KNOW THEY COULD'VE VERY EASILY KILLED YOU?! I WAS SO WORRIED THAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED!"

"I was worried about you too, Lumina," Voidica giggled nervously before getting into another tight embrace. The happy reunion was cut short when the sound of a roaring engine thundered in the distance.

"Hah hah..." Cassidy weakly groaned as she pulled herself and Beta out from the wreckage, "you're still gonna die, you know!"

"Heh heh, y-yes," Beta fritzed, "and she knows b-because she was the one who tipped Charn off to begiaHAHAHOOW!"

Ibuki had had enough and pulled the pair by their wrists over behind the crystal, where they wouldn't be seen.

Voidica sent another sphere of Void magic to completely destroy the debris, and turned to the Skylanders. "S-So... I guess... *sniff* ...this is goodbye, huh?"

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"If she does live however... who will die to give us the Jess WE know?" Sayaka tells Mog. "She's the only one with that core she will inherit!"

Sayaka crosses her arms and sighs, sad. "We can't just conjure another Voidica from thin air..."

"I'm sorry Mog." Sarge told her. Mog just sighed. 

"So my nerves weren't playing up for no reason...and my ears weren't either." Ray walked up to Sayaka and Sarge using his staff as a support. "Voidica is going to pass on..."

"At least she won't die alone... right? Ray can comfort her so she doesn't feel anything, right?" Mog asked.

"I don't think I'll be able to. I don't know the rules of time but I'm pretty sure I don't think I can comfort her here...." Ray quietly sighed. Someone was dying and he wasn't able to do his job, that made him feel awful.

• Thumbs Up 3

Kaede looks at Voidica's face. The sheer amount of sadness and couraged mixed into her expression shatters her heart. "I... I guess it is..."

Sonic closes his eyes, too scared to even look Voidica in the face... to give permission for the one thing he knows he must allow. "Yeah... Voidica, again... I'm so sorry. J-Just remember, this is for... the good of everyone in the multiverse."

• Thumbs Up 3

latest?cb=20170629142548

"W-What? B-but w-we won? Heroes win, and go home and everything turns out alright in the end, a-a-and..." Yuta tried to say, saddened by the circumstances. He wasn't ready to saw goodbye to Voidica, or even allow her to die. "We have to save her, right?" Yuta asked confused. 

"...I'm sorry Yuta". Hina simply said, hugging him, trying to comfort him.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sarge then walked up to Voidica. "It was a pleasure to meet you kid, you're a real hero." Sarge placed his hand on her shoulder. "Thank you."

"We'll miss you!" Mog smiled, tears in her eyes.  "I wish we could hang out more."

Ray then walked up to her. "You are brave, you are strong and you are above all kind, your kindness will help everyone and for that I'll never forget you."

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

latest?cb=20170629142548

"W-What? B-but w-we won? Heroes win, and go home and everything turns out alright in the end, a-a-and..." Yuta tried to say, saddened by the circumstances. He wasn't ready to saw goodbye to Voidica, or even allow her to die. "We have to save her, right?" Yuta asked confused. 

"...I'm sorry Yuta". Hina simply said, hugging him, trying to comfort him.

"Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the greater good..." Sayaka says, choking on her words slightly. "Even heroes have to do that."

Sonic looks down, remembering it all too well...

Kyubey... the real him... he sacrificed himself and let himself get captured for my safety. It's... It's the same thing here...

• Thumbs Up 3

Lumina tried her best not to cry as she hugged Voidica one last time.

"P-Promise me everyone will be OK?" Voidica asked, hugging Lumina tightly.

"Yeah..." Lumina smiled, "they're in good hands..." With a heavy heart, she released Voidica, and went behind the crystal to hide.

Jessica turned to follow her, but as she did so, Voidica shouted at her.

"J-JESSICA! I know you feel like y-you're expendable, like you don't deserve y-your magic... well, you do! I'm... I'm so glad I met you... an, and I know you deserve them, more than anyone I've ever m-met! I know you s-saved Lumina and the others f-from Charn, and I know you can beat him! So don't you dare think you don't deserve them just because I'm dead!"

Jessica fell silent. She didn't know what to think... she turned around and gave a thumbs up. "S-Sure, no problem," she replied, hiding her real feelings.

Voidica sniffed and wiped away a tear. "W-Well... you'd better hide now... before he lands..."

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Voidica turned to the Skylanders. "S-So... I guess... *sniff* ...this is goodbye, huh?"

"AFFIRMATIVE!" Omega replied, seemingly unaffected by what Voidica's fate will be. But then he continued. "YOU DID ADMIRABLE. YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED FONDLY." Chi was surprised by this. "Wow... I think Omega just complemented you, kid!" said Chi, before approaching Voidica. "We'll miss you... but know that what you do will help so many others across the multiverse!" he said. Silver was upset that Voidica had to go, and gave his farewells. "It was great to meet you, Voidica. You're one of the bravest people I've ever met..." he said, trying not to get too emotional.

After this, the three hid behind the crystal, along with the others. "For the record... I hate time-travel..." said Chi, ready for this all to be over with.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic gives a small wave goodbye. "Yeah..."

"...Let's go, guys." He slowly gestures the other Skylanders to follow him.

Kaede and Sayaka follow him after giving Voidica a bittersweet smile goodbye. As the two follow the hedgehog, they begin discussing amongst themselves.

"So... the timeline's gonna be alright now...?" Kaede asks Sonic.

Sonic turns back and looks at Jessica. "Yeah... should be."

"Still, it really hurts... We basically had to be sent back in time to condemn a person to death." Sayaka adds, the grief already setting in.

• Thumbs Up 3

Once everyone was behind the crystal, Lumina peeked out from behind. She wanted to see just how her best friend... went...

From within the cave entrance, the Skylanders could see Jessica's past self, hiding just as they were. The roar that had thundered in the air grew louder, and louder, until eventually, that familiar purple machine fell to the ground and transformed into that all-too familiar figure. His hand glowing scarlet, Charn walked up behind Voidica, who refused to turn around or acknowledge his presence. He raised his hand, and then...

*BANG!*

Lumina gasped in horror as a ray of Death magic shot straight through Voidica's head, leaving a hole that grew cracks around the edges. As Charn callously turned his back and flew off like nothing had happened, their friend slumped over, and her body and clothes crumbled into white dust, the only thing within the dust being a faintly glowing grey orb.

She was dead.

Lumina just fell to the ground and wept.

• Thumbs Up 5

Delta was bitterly disappointed with the outcome. They got into position behind a tree and some bushes, Mog doing her best not wail like a baby while Ray and Sarge just looked at each other solemnly before awaiting the grisly outcome.  

"Both of you did well today." Sarge patted Ray on the back while letting Mog cling on to her head.

"Thanks Sarge, you did well too." Ray told the gear.

The three then shuttered as Charn head shotted Voidica with no effort what so ever.

Sarge scooped up the two kids hugging them tightly allowing them to weep on his shoulders. Sarge was numb from seeing so much death in his life due to the wars he had been in but he knew others clearly weren't and even then he would have been devastated if Ray or Mog was in Voidica's position.

• Thumbs Up 3

41 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

"Hah hah..." Cassidy weakly groaned as she pulled herself and Beta out from the wreckage, "you're still gonna die, you know!"

"Heh heh, y-yes," Beta fritzed, "and she knows b-because she was the one who tipped Charn off to begiaHAHAHOOW!"

Ibuki had had enough and pulled the pair by their wrists over behind the crystal, where they wouldn't be seen.

"Mrgh! Why can't the sour losers ever just go down with dignity?", Hsien Ko remarked, annoyed at the duo.

"Pay them no mind. We can't anything distract us from......what must be done", Storm said eying Voidica sadly.

41 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Voidica sent another sphere of Void magic to completely destroy the debris, and turned to the Skylanders. "S-So... I guess... *sniff* ...this is goodbye, huh?"

Spoiler

Source:https://sugaryumyum.deviantart.com/art/The-true-hero-590471157

The true hero by Sugaryumyum

"Y-yeah. Look kid..be good alright? Don't think for a second that none of this matters", Undyne the Undying said, shedding a tear.

She couldn't shake the feeling yet again, that somehow this all felt a little too close to home for her.

"S-so. You just go and look destiny in the face....and give 'em hell!", she mustered.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/hsienko-sister.gif

"Know this Voidica..you have our prayers, our hope and our everything...in the midst of it all. It's been an honor knowing you", Hsien Ko said, bowing to Voidica.

"We promise Voidica......none of this will be in vain. No matter what, we will help see to it that justice is served to whatever powers that dare oppose us. We will make it....right", Storm said putting on a soft but determined face and stance.

14 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Once everyone was behind the crystal, Lumina peeked out from behind. She wanted to see just how her best friend... went...

From within the cave entrance, the Skylanders could see Jessica's past self, hiding just as they were. The roar that had thundered in the air grew louder, and louder, until eventually, that familiar purple machine fell to the ground and transformed into that all-too familiar figure. His hand glowing scarlet, Charn walked up behind Voidica, who refused to turn around or acknowledge his presence. He raised his hand, and then...

*BANG!*

Lumina gasped in horror as a ray of Death magic shot straight through Voidica's head, leaving a hole that grew cracks around the edges. As Charn callously turned his back and flew off like nothing had happened, their friend slumped over, and her body and clothes crumbled into white dust, the only thing within the dust being a faintly glowing grey orb.

"..................", Undyne, Hsien Ko and Storm were all equally shocked at how quickly it had happened. And yet, the dark silence that came after made it feel like an eternity.

"Why?..Just why did it come to this???", Hsien Ko said, collapsing to the ground from the weight of it all.

"Couldn't stop it. Couldn't save it her. Had to be done....right?", Undyne the Undying said unsure of herself.

Storm herself had her eyes closed hard tight, thoughts racing through her mind, and resisting the urge to strike back and avenge Voidica's death on the spot.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic, his hand trembling put his hand on Lumina's back, trying his very best to wordlessly comfort her from seeing the death of her best friend. "I'm..."

...He couldn't even bring himself to say that. Just stare out into the distance, his eyes fixated on the Magic Core left behind.

Kaede looks down, not even bringing hersef to see the unholy sight that laid out from afar, while Sayaka could only be reminded of gruesome deaths she had seen before. She couldn't tell if knowing that you were going to die would be more painful than otherwise. Nevertheless... Voidica knew, and Sayaka can't imagine what was going on in her head in those final moments.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

*BANG!*

Nagito looked on towards the horror of the situation that just happened. His old personality, the crazed one had spoke about this moment so many times. He had seen this moment as a massive moment of despair, one that was good, one that birthed hope. But that Nagito wasn't in control. He wasn't the one that witnessed this moment. He wasn't the one who saw this horror. This Nagito felt the full impact of the horrific moment. With that, he simply placed his hand on Lumina's shoulder.

latest?cb=20170629134911

"I'm...sorry about this outcome. I truly am. Voidica's death...is an unfortunate necessity. One that shouldn't have had to happen, but we were thrown into a situation we couldn't solve. But...you shouldn't allow Voidica's death to be your loss. I know this isn't what you all want to hear, but we need to use this despair to fuel hope..." Nagito explained, as he looked towards the others who looked unsure of themselves now. 

"Sometimes...that can be our only coping mechanism. Our friends, our loved ones are lost to an unfair world, by unfair villains. But...it doesn't mean we can't fight with their names in remembrance. We...must use the despair of their losses to fuel our resolve, and keep fighting. Not only to create hope for everyone else...but to create a world that our lost friends would be proud of". Nagito explained, trying to comfort everyone in the best way he could.

• Thumbs Up 5