Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Heroes Academy: Uprising - A Multiversal Adventure Beyond Fiction and Reality (Please Read First Page Before Joining)

Failinhearts

As the bugs cleared out, Ralph used his massive arms to grab everybody and make a charge for Sugar Rush, smashing through several Cy-Bugs along the way and shoving everyone into a cart. 

Now Travelling to: Sugar R-R-Ruuuuuuuussssss

The intercom died out as did the lights on the cart as it took off. The tunnel became completely engulfed into darkness once more, except for one thing, green and yellow neon eyes glaring directly at the cart as several bugs began chasing after the Skylanders. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Kyubey manages to wiggle out of Ralph's grip and turns around, noticing the Cy-Bugs incoming. He looks at his ear flaps. "Hmm..." He then looks down at the track and grins. "Light. Bulb!"

He stretches his ear flaps like long fists, reaching out for two Cy-Bugs and with all of his might, smashes them down to the track. The electricity begins to shock and burn them until they explode to oblivion, becoming smoke, ash and an array of ones and zeroes.

Hiyoko clutches her nose again, yet sighs in relief. "Phew! Okay, I'm actually glad for once to sniff the smell of overcooked meat!"

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

"I swear, every time Sonic's big ego gets fed," Sally tells Nicole, "something bad ALWAYS happens after."

"Oh, so it's suddenly my fault that we just happened to get attacked after seeing two awesome arcade games and an important Public Service announcement from yours truly? Sal, you wound me!", Sonic retorted.

Meanwhile, Undyne had managed to drive a spear through the cy-bu that had grabbed her. While it successfully downed the creature, she found herself tumbling down onto the floor! How humiliating!

10 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

As the bugs cleared out, Ralph used his massive arms to grab everybody and make a charge for Sugar Rush, smashing through several Cy-Bugs along the way and shoving everyone into a cart. 

Now Travelling to: Sugar R-R-Ruuuuuuuussssss

The intercom died out as did the lights on the cart as it took off. The tunnel became completely engulfed into darkness once more, except for one thing, green and yellow neon eyes glaring directly at the cart as several bugs began chasing after the Skylanders. 

"I want you to know, we're not retreating! We're just letting you follow us!", Undyne shouted at the bugs, trying to salvage her pride. She made up for it though by sniping cy-bugs with her spears, now more do-able thanks to the narrowing tunnels not providing as much much lee way space for the cy-bugs to dodge!

Wisdom Form Shantae, who'd managed to settle herself now thanks to sitting down as opposed to sliding all over the place, assisted Undyne by firing the cy-bugs with magical fire balls, as did Sora and Kairi with well aimed elemental attacks of ice and lightning.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

"Oh, so it's suddenly my fault that we just happened to get attacked after seeing two awesome arcade games and an important Public Service announcement from yours truly? Sal, you wound me!", Sonic retorted.

"It's not my fault your big ego brings us bad luck!" Sally says back, not backing down.

"Oh, stop bickering, you two," Nicole butts in, shaking her head. She was not going to deal with this, not today.

Turning away, Sally mutters quietly, "It's a weird coincidence..."

• Thumbs Up 5

"W-Well, hopefully it'll just be a smooth ride to Sugar Rush now. Come on Ralph, I'm sure everything will be just fin----" Felix said, as he suddenly heard an explosion from behind the group as even more neon eyes lit up, revealing rapid-fire acid balls being short towards the Skylanders.

"You just had to open your big mouth Felix..." Ralph said, as he grabbed one of the handle bars off the side of the cart and began using it to bat away the acid towards the Cy-Bugs. "I don't know how long my bat will last before being melted! Felix! Try to hotwire the cart to move faster!" Ralph shouted. Felix got a sly smile and pulled out his golden hammer. "You got it partner!" 

• Thumbs Up 4

"K-Kaede! Force..." Shuichi turns beside him, only remembering that Kaede isn't here. "...Field..."

When brought back to reality, he looks forward only to see a ball of acid hurtling towards him. Shuichi closes his eyes before hearing a blasting noise that destroyed the acid ball.

"Don't worry, Ralph! I'll help you out!" Alter-Ego says, his integrated arm machine gun smoking after dealing with that acid ball.

• Thumbs Up 5

Voidica gasped as she saw the acid balls being spat at them. To help Ralph, she threw balls of Void magic at the acid, completely swallowing up the acid once a ball landed on them. Star, meanwhile, fired off Narwhal Blasts at the Cy-Bugs to ease up on the amount of acid balls being spat their way.

"H-How many of these things are there?!" Robinson panicked, flapping his wings madly. "Don't tell me infinite respawning is a thing here!"

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"K-Kaede! Force..." Shuichi turns beside him, only remembering that Kaede isn't here. "...Field..."

"I know that feeling!", Phoenix sympathized with Shuichi. Man, what I wouldn't give to have Maya here with her medium barrier skills!, he thought to himself.

"It's in times like these that we have to work well with what we have! HOLD IT!", Phoenix yelled, hitting some of the acid projectiles. While they were moving too fast and were too small to halt entirely, it did slow them down enough to be blocked or blasted out of the air by Sora, Undyne, Shantae and anyone else with projectile capabilities.

13 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

"It's not my fault your big ego brings us bad luck!" Sally says back, not backing down.

"Oh, stop bickering, you two," Nicole butts in, shaking her head. She was not going to deal with this, not today.

Sonic just rolled his eyes. "Yeesh Sal! At least wait for me to actually brag about it while in front of it before pinning things on my ego! I think even Knux did that at least!", he muttered.

• Thumbs Up 6

Suddenly, the cart began blasting off at super speed, sending the Skylanders flying straight into their chairs as soon the neon eyes of the Cy-Bugs disappeared, and brightness began to reenter the tunnel.

WELCOME TO SUGAR RUSH! A massive voice shouted across the land. 

Across the world, the once bright and candy filled world of Sugar Rush was under attack by the Cy-Bugs. There were various candy themed Cy-Bugs flying around as the sky was dark and several of the areas had become destroyed, and desolate. The race tracks were destroyed, and there were tons of citizens running away from their attackers. They had been trapped in the game and they didn't know where to go. 

latest?cb=20130605164409

"...Ralph, how could he be back?" Felix asked, as the Skylanders arrived. "Y-You defeated King Candy last time you were here, how could he be back and causing so much trouble?" Felix asked worried. 

"...I saw them hauling a new arcade game in a few days ago, but that couldn't have anything to do with it..." Ralph said.

"UNLESS IT WAS A REMAKE OF THE ORIGINAL TURBO ARCADE GAME" Both of them said at the same time as they tried to figure out what was going on.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 1

23 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Sonic just rolled his eyes. "Yeesh Sal! At least wait for me to actually brag about it while in front of it before pinning things on my ego! I think even Knux did that at least!", he muttered.

Looking at the two muttering to themselves, Nicole giggles. "Even after so long, some things don't change."

"Okay, whatever, moving on," Sally states, shrugging it away. "Let's just focus on getting to this Sugar Rush place."

Turning around to create a holographic shield, to protect them from the Cy-Bug acid attacks, Nicole nods in response.

• Thumbs Up 5

"Someone managed to bring in the same game that just so happens to retain the same memories as before?" Alter-Ego asks, in confusion. "That... That makes no sense! This must be..."

Kyubey interuppts him. "...The work of LOG. That's what." Kyubey then puts his ear flaps together, his back hatch opens up, revealing robotic arms that attach wheels onto his legs, making him a living four-wheeler.

"Let's not waste any time!"

• Thumbs Up 5

The three girls and Robinson looked at each other, hoping the other would understand what was happening any more than the other. Alas, they were all clueless.

"So, um, not to sound ignorant," Lumina said, "but... King Candy? Turbo arcade game? I don't remember playing any Turbo game on Earth..."

"M-Maybe that game exists in THIS world's Earth?" Voidica suggested.

• Thumbs Up 5

"Not exactly what I saw coming in a cutesy candy world..." Burnie said staring at the Sugar Rush travesty.

"Sigh...looks we'll have to swat more of these tech flies." Skeet said summoning his keyblade.

"....Mo, please spit out whatever's in your mouth."

"HMHMHPHM!" Mo shrugged as his mouth was stuffed with candy and various treats from this world.

Still, they had no clue about this Turbo shtick or whoever King Candy, they needed more tidbits about this situation.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Suddenly, the cart began blasting off at super speed, sending the Skylanders flying straight into their chairs as soon the neon eyes of the Cy-Bugs disappeared, and brightness began to reenter the tunnel.

Across the world, the once bright and candy filled world of Sugar Rush was under attack by the Cy-Bugs. There were various candy themed Cy-Bugs flying around as the sky was dark and several of the areas had become destroyed, and desolate. The race tracks were destroyed, and there were tons of citizens running away from their attackers. They had been trapped in the game and they didn't know where to go.

"I'm getting mixed messages here..." said Chi, noting the odd combination of candy and deadly Cy-Bugs. "What kind of arcade is this?!"

Silver was more concerned about the citizens running in the distance. "Over there!" he said, pointing to them. "They're in danger! Shouldn't we help them?"

8 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

"...Ralph, how could he be back?" Felix asked, as the Skylanders arrived. "Y-You defeated King Candy last time you were here, how could he be back and causing so much trouble?" Felix asked worried. 

"...I saw them hauling a new arcade game in a few days ago, but that couldn't have anything to do with it..." Ralph said.

"UNLESS IT WAS A REMAKE OF THE ORIGINAL TURBO ARCADE GAME" Both of them said at the same time as they tried to figure out what was going on.

5 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"Someone managed to bring in the same game that just so happens to retain the same memories as before?" Alter-Ego asks, in confusion. "That... That makes no sense! This must be..."

Kyubey interuppts him. "...The work of LOG. That's what." Kyubey then puts his ear flaps together, his back hatch opens up, revealing robotic arms that attach wheels onto his legs, making him a living four-wheeler.

"Let's not waste any time!"

"Right! We've gotta hurry!" Chi replied, even though he couldn't quite understand who or what this whole 'Turbo' business was about...

• Thumbs Up 5

"...Okay, so... let's take out these bugs, kill this King Candy guy and get out of here." Hiyoko says, reverting back to her smaller state.

tumblr_inline_mr6ru6KqPk1qz4rgp.png

"And then after that, we can bury ourselves with candy, right?!" Hiyoko asks excitedly.

Alter-Ego glares at Hiyoko. "Absolutely not! We still have Roxas to save!"

This causes Hiyoko to kick a stray piece of candy corn off into the distance. "Fine. But after we save him, I'm going STRAIGHT back here!" She pouts.

• Thumbs Up 6

5 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

The three girls and Robinson looked at each other, hoping the other would understand what was happening any more than the other. Alas, they were all clueless.

"So, um, not to sound ignorant," Lumina said, "but... King Candy? Turbo arcade game? I don't remember playing any Turbo game on Earth..."

"M-Maybe that game exists in THIS world's Earth?" Voidica suggested.

"Turbo...was an arcade racing game. He used to be featured in Game Central Station a lot. But his popularity wasn't enough for him. He was jealous of other classic games, he wanted to be everywhere, wanted to have everyone know and play him..." 

"So he began invading other games, causing game-breaking glitches that caused other games to be shut down, purposely killing off or leaving it's characters homeless. When Turbo was discovered missing from his game one day, it was removed, and we thought he was gone forever..." 

latest?cb=20130314212824

"But the psycho had other plans. He had secret sneaked into the Sugar Rush racer under the disguise of someone called "King Candy" and hacked into the coding of the game to literally rewrite the memories of it's inhabitants...my friend Vanellope was the princess and main character of the game, but King Candy disconnected her coding from the game, turning her into a glitch, wiping all memories of her, and stealing her race slot. Vanellope was mistreated for years". 

"And then Ralph found himself in the game..." Felix added.

"I was being mistreated by the people in my game. I became determined to prove I could be a hero by getting a medal in Hero's Duty, and I accidentally unleashed all of the Cy-Bugs onto Game Central Station. I crashed into Candy Rush and met Vanellope, and we didn't get off to the best of meetings. The little snot had stolen my medal to enter the race to readd herself to the race roster if she won. We made a deal, if I helped her build her cart, she would get her race slot, I get my medal back..." 

"But, we became friends. We were both outcasts, and we both had something to prove. We wanted what was best for each other. But Turbo...didn't want that. He knew if she won, her code would be reactivated and he'd lose his remaining game. So...he tricked me into destroying Vanellope's cart by telling me she would be killed because her game with glitch out with a glitch as a racer, it would be shut off, and she wouldn't be able to escape to Game Central Station". 

"After returning home, I felt awful, and I couldn't let Vanellope live like that. I went and saved her from Turbo's dungeon and she entered the race, but Turbo went completely insane. He tried to kill Vanellope and in the end, fused with a Cy-Bug. He planned to destroy every single game in Game Central Station, and start it off by killing Vanellope in front of me. I destroyed a volcano and thought the explosion killed him...but this new game must have revived him and the Cy-Bugs!". Ralph explained.

• Thumbs Up 8

"King Candy?", Shantae said confused.

"AKA Turbo! Let's just say, he's the origin of the term "Going Turbo" when it comes to invading games outside of your own!", Sonic explained, "Only, he took it way past uncool when he hijacked Sugar Rush from its rightful ruler, Vanellope. Had us fooled for long time admittedly."

"So he's a criminal of that caliber......hmmmm", Phoenix closed his eyes in deep in thought.

"Well then, all more the reason to beat the sweet stuffing out of him!", Undyne said determined to make a comeback.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

"Turbo...was an arcade racing game. He used to be featured in Game Central Station a lot. But his popularity wasn't enough for him. He was jealous of other classic games, he wanted to be everywhere, wanted to have everyone know and play him..." 

"So he began invading other games, causing game-breaking glitches that caused other games to be shut down, purposely killing off or leaving it's characters homeless. When Turbo was discovered missing from his game one day, it was removed, and we thought he was gone forever..." 

latest?cb=20130314212824

"But the psycho had other plans. He had secret sneaked into the Sugar Rush racer under the disguise of someone called "King Candy" and hacked into the coding of the game to literally rewrite the memories of it's inhabitants...my friend Vanellope was the princess and main character of the game, but King Candy disconnected her coding from the game, turning her into a glitch, wiping all memories of her, and stealing her race slot. Vanellope was mistreated for years". 

"And then Ralph found himself in the game..." Felix added.

"I was being mistreated by the people in my game. I became determined to prove I could be a hero by getting a medal in Hero's Duty, and I accidentally unleashed all of the Cy-Bugs onto Game Central Station. I crashed into Candy Rush and met Vanellope, and we didn't get off to the best of meetings. The little snot had stolen my medal to enter the race to readd herself to the race roster if she won. We made a deal, if I helped her build her cart, she would get her race slot, I get my medal back..." 

"But, we became friends. We were both outcasts, and we both had something to prove. We wanted what was best for each other. But Turbo...didn't want that. He knew if she won, her code would be reactivated and he'd lose his remaining game. So...he tricked me into destroying Vanellope's cart by telling me she would be killed because her game with glitch out with a glitch as a racer, it would be shut off, and she wouldn't be able to escape to Game Central Station". 

"After returning home, I felt awful, and I couldn't let Vanellope live like that. I went and saved her from Turbo's dungeon and she entered the race, but Turbo went completely insane. He tried to kill Vanellope and in the end, fused with a Cy-Bug. He planned to destroy every single game in Game Central Station, and start it off by killing Vanellope in front of me. I destroyed a volcano and thought the explosion killed him...but this new game must have revived him and the Cy-Bugs!". Ralph explained.

Robinson blinked at Ralph's explanation, and turned to Star. "Did you get that?"

"No," Star said. "Well, I did get one thing - this Turbo bug's in dire need of being patched out; with my fists!"

"I hope he doesn't try to kill Miss Vanellope again..." Voidica said, hoping Ralph's friend was safe.

Lumina patted Voidica on the shoulder. "Well, he won't. Not with US around!" she said, raising her fist.

• Thumbs Up 4

21 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Looking around at the colourful yet nigh-apocalyptic word, Nicole felt terrible for the people in this world suffering... "Oh my goodness, it's terrible!"

"Yoah... Weh gohha stob dem!"

Nicole turns to see what was that about Sally's incomprehensible voice, to find her mouth had been stuffed with gobstoppers. "...Fohcuse ong deh objeckheve," Sally tells her before she could comment on that, uh, weirdness.

"...So, Turbo, is it?" Nicole asks, trying to get into the central conversation.

• Thumbs Up 5

"Yeah! We gotta focus!" Kyubey agrees. He turns to his right, to see a lollipop sprouting from the ground. Sneakily, he slowly leans further and further to the candy, giving it a small lick before hastily getting back in position.

• Thumbs Up 5

"Boring..." Jack said as he saw the destruction of Candy Rush.

Sion assumed her thinking pose. "This Turbo sounds like a nuisance."

Ragna and 2B watched the situation while thinking on what to do.

• Thumbs Up 4

50 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

"Not exactly what I saw coming in a cutesy candy world..." Burnie said staring at the Sugar Rush travesty.

"Sigh...looks we'll have to swat more of these tech flies." Skeet said summoning his keyblade.

"....Mo, please spit out whatever's in your mouth."

"HMHMHPHM!" Mo shrugged as his mouth was stuffed with candy and various treats from this world.

Still, they had no clue about this Turbo shtick or whoever King Candy, they needed more tidbits about this situation.

phoenix-sweating%28b%29.gif

"Guys...is now really the time for-", Phoenix stopped when he noticed that the rest of his comrades were eating candy that Sonic had sped through in and out to fetch them!

"AM I WORKING ALONE HERE!?", the lawyer said, beside himself.

"Well, there's not much we can do until we get a better read on the situation!", Sora said sitting down to join them in the munch down.

Grumbling, Phoenix took a batch of from the pile, and chewed a piece of gum to help his nerves.

11 minutes ago, Princess Jellicent said:

"Boring..." Jack said as he saw the destruction of Candy Rush.

"Oh really Blondie Spikes?", Undyne said getting up from the candy pile. "So what do you consider exciting enough to get invested, aside from saving lives, HMM!?", she said, getting in his face.

• Thumbs Up 4

"We need to get up to the top of that mountain!" Ralph said, as he pointed towards the mountain made out of chocolate and mentos. "And I think I have just the way to do it..." Ralph said with a smirk, as he suddenly shouted "I'M GONNA WRECK IT" and punched one of the Cy-Bugs flying past, causing it to fall down onto the ground in a daze face first. Ralph then ran to a new by Laffy-Taffy tree and ripped off some of the taffy and trying it around the Cy-Bug's mouth. "We'll use Turbo's own minions to get up there!" Ralph said, as he proceeded to do the same thing to a number of Cy-Bugs until all of the Skylanders had one to ride.

"Riding futuristic candy bugs up to a mountain made of mints and chocolate inside of an arcade game. My life has officially hit a new stage of insane and this was on top of the killer androids and Bug-monster". Trunks said while rolling his eyes.

"Oh come now! I'm sure it'll be fun!" Sonia said optimistically

"I have always wondered what it would be like to fly without gravity powers or a flying airship doing it for me, let's give it a try!" Kat added.

• Thumbs Up 4

"Good to see that everybody's got their priorities straight..." Chi sarcastically remarked, seeing some of the Skylanders munching on candy. Silver didn't say anything. Not because he didn't want to, but because he couldn't. "...You're also eating, aren't you?" Chi asked Silver, who sheepishly turned around in response, his face full of sweets.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

"We need to get up to the top of that mountain!" Ralph said, as he pointed towards the mountain made out of chocolate and mentos. "And I think I have just the way to do it..." Ralph said with a smirk, as he suddenly shouted "I'M GONNA WRECK IT" and punched one of the Cy-Bugs flying past, causing it to fall down onto the ground in a daze face first. Ralph then ran to a new by Laffy-Taffy tree and ripped off some of the taffy and trying it around the Cy-Bug's mouth. "We'll use Turbo's own minions to get up there!" Ralph said, as he proceeded to do the same thing to a number of Cy-Bugs until all of the Skylanders had one to ride.

"Yeah... I'll pass. Besides, I don't need a set of wings to fly!" Chi replied, not entirely comfortable with the idea of riding a dangerous virus. Silver was in a similar boat. "D-do we have to?" he asked, feeling a little nervous. "I think I'd rather just fly up there myself..."

• Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

"Riding futuristic candy bugs up to a mountain made of mints and chocolate inside of an arcade game. My life has officially hit a new stage of insane and this was on top of the killer androids and Bug-monster". Trunks said while rolling his eyes.

"Heh, clearly your life is different from mine," Star proudly pointed out as she hitched a ride on one of the downed Cy-Bugs. "Both that and this are pretty much everyday things for me!"

Voidica and Robinson looked at the bugs with confusion. The former was too afraid to step on her own one, the latter was too small to ride it.

Lumina giggled and waved to them. "Come on, you two! There's room for you on my bug!" The two hopped on besides Lumina and clung for dear life.

• Thumbs Up 2