Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Heroes Academy: Uprising - A Multiversal Adventure Beyond Fiction and Reality (Please Read First Page Before Joining)

Failinhearts

Just now, Failinhearts said:

"Wait... so we can use the powers of legal trademarks, copyright and whatever to save the day?" Neptune asks.

"Guess this brings a whole new meaning to talk it out? LOSE has to watch their words, because it can come back to haunt them?" Komaru adds, still trying to wrap her head around this.

"Nep...don't you remember? You, uh, were the defendant for that trial after all?", Phoenix asked,  a bit worried by Neptune's attention span.

"Anyway, for recollection's sake. It wasn't all that easy. Some bootlegs like Kat, NEGA Shantae and Katii @Emperor Robrainiac took a bit more strategy to convince than others. It was a combination of both physical evidence, and mental evidence, genuine to the nth degree! Even in the end, it took stunning the remaining bootlegs with the procedure done by us all and capped off with Joker's defeat when the ultimate truth came out. That and the Turnabout Mode", he capped off.

3 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Jessica was doing her best to wrap her head around all of this. Bootleg this, multiverse that, trials and turnabouts... then something dawned on her.

"Hang on a minute," she asked Nightwing, "if the Skylanders active at that time were bootlegged, then how come I'm there? I mean, I'm pretty sure I wasn't there for those events in my universe. Or Shade, or Ivorn, or Lily, hell I know for a fact that Made in Taiwan Magearna wasn't there originally. So... what gives?"

"Hmmm, come to think of it, the first time I met you guys was after you broke out of the Academy when you were stuck in the Killing Games", Undyne recalled.

"Yeah, we didn't see you and the elementals after the Ghost Attack on the Academy led by Ember McClain, not even the Valentine's Day Dance. We met agin during the Killing Games when Monokuma took over the HUB after we won the Bootleg Trial", Phoenix spoke up.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Nightwing rubbed his neck. "I'm not sure for certain, but the bootlegs retain scraps of their memories, so people like you and Lumina would've been hunted down based on Sayaka's memories. The others...were hunted down, lured here with the guise that the real Skylanders were still here, and overall just happened here by chance. I guess the universe just somehow wanted to make sure the majority of Skylanders in your universe were part of our..."variation" here". Nightwing tried his hardest to explain. "To be frank, I don't really understand this stuff much". 

"This I concur with", Phoenix said.

"As far as most people know, we're the heroes who get stuff done. And anyone who didn't come right to us probably would've been locked on, located and bootlegged. Wouldn't be surprised if LOSE had Owl Man, Batman, take over Gotham to let Joker mass produce that crap", Undyne suggested.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"To be frank, I don't really understand this stuff much". 

"You and me both, bucko." Neptune says to Nightwing. "Still, though. We got ol' Edgy and Pheonix here! With their legal know-how, maybe it'll allow us to save everyone here!"

"Isn't that right, guys? Riiiiight?"

• Thumbs Up 5

12 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"Guess this brings a whole new meaning to talk it out? LOSE has to watch their words, because it can come back to haunt them?" Komaru adds, still trying to wrap her head around this.

"Uuuh...y-y-your not t-t-t-talking about g-g-ghost again are you? Toko asked Komaru nervously. "I-I-I keep telling you...there's n-n-no such thing..."

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Headless HorseDanJ86 said:

"Uuuh...y-y-your not t-t-t-talking about g-g-ghost again are you? Toko asked Komaru nervously. "I-I-I keep telling you...there's n-n-no such thing..."

"Uhhh, Toko. We're living with knowledge of alternate universes, a talking hedgehog that is the spawn of a demon, and an actual Undead Element." Komaru nudges Toko. "I'm preeeeetty sure ghosts is believable at this point."

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"Uhhh, Toko. We're living with knowledge of alternate universes, a talking hedgehog that is the spawn of a demon, and an actual Undead Element." Komaru nudges Toko. "I'm preeeeetty sure ghosts is believable at this point."

"A-A-A-A demon and the undead are....not a g-g-g-ghost. That idiot floating red thing over there isn't a g-g-g-ghost either..." Toko tries to maintain her denial and Dave having noticed they are talking about him, turns, smiles and waves.

• Thumbs Up 4

Lily looked at Nightwing, and timidly raised a hand. "Um, if you don't mind me asking, Nightwing, is there something wrong with your eye?"

Shade rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Is there something wrong with his eye? Fah! Was I born into this world as pure evil? Am I beyond redemption?"

"No, because I firmly believe nobody is either of those things," Lily replied, smiling warmly. "Your own counterpart here is living proof."

Shade silently, sternly, and scornfully glared at Lily with his large bulging and bloodshot eyes. "I. WILL. END YOU."

Jessica sighed. "Anyway, yeah, did something happen to you, Nightwing?"

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Headless HorseDanJ86 said:

"A-A-A-A demon and the undead are....not a g-g-g-ghost. That idiot floating red thing over there isn't a g-g-g-ghost either..." Toko tries to maintain her denial and Dave having noticed they are talking about him, turns, smiles and waves.

"But... there was that one time last season! With the ghost invasion, and everyone got possessed and..." Neptune says before being tapped on the shoulder by Komaru.

Komaru shrugs. "Just let it go, Neptune. She'll see eventually."

• Thumbs Up 4

14 minutes ago, Headless HorseDanJ86 said:

4 minutes ago, Headless HorseDanJ86 said:

"Objection", Phoenix didn't even bother yelling for this one.

Spoiler

3AcPhRR.gif

"We've had a battle of the bands competition and have actually done musical collaborations with the literal deceased spirit and ghost of a rockstar", Phoenix said deadpan.

"Not to mention, my assistant is a spirit medium and my serial murderous ex-girlfriend is a ghost too! There isn't enough hallucination gas in the multiverse to make that stuff up!", the lawyer declared.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Lily looked at Nightwing, and timidly raised a hand. "Um, if you don't mind me asking, Nightwing, is there something wrong with your eye?"

Shade rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Is there something wrong with his eye? Fah! Was I born into this world as pure evil? Am I beyond redemption?"

"No, because I firmly believe nobody is either of those things," Lily repled, smiling warmly. "Your own counterpart here is living proof."

Shade silently, sternly, and scornfully glared at Lily with his large bulging and bloodshot eyes. "I. WILL. END YOU."

Jessica sighed. "Anyway, yeah, did something happen to you, Nightwing?"

Nightwing looked down at the ground. "Edgeworth went above ground to try sneak into the communications office and contact the Judge, to show he had new evidence and reopen the case, but the bootlegs were waiting for him. I jumped up to save him, and that's when I came face to face with your bootleg, Sayaka, and Sonic. All three of them teamed up on me". Nightwing explained. 

"In the end, I managed to save Edgeworth, but when I tried to see if I could get through to either of you three, Sayaka....did this". Nightwing pointed to his eyepatch, walking into the light a little more, revealing a massive scar going down under the patch. @Failinhearts

• Thumbs Up 4

Jessica grimaced at the sight of Nightwing's scar, even without seeing what lay under the eyepatch itself. "So, uh, I know I-I didn't do that, but on behalf of bootleg-I... sorry about that?"

Lily, meanwhile, fiddled with a leaf on her head and turned to Jessica. "Wow, so even when bootlegged into being worse people, you three are still friends with each other from the sounds of things. If that's the case, then they can't be all bad..."

"Yeah, whatever you say, Lily," Jessica said, sarcastically. She didn't think someone who slashed out eyes could be anything close to misunderstood.

• Thumbs Up 4

11 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"In the end, I managed to save Edgeworth, but when I tried to see if I could get through to either of you three, Sayaka....did this". Nightwing pointed to his eyepatch, walking into the light a little more, revealing a massive scar going down under the patch. @Failinhearts

"Sayaka... did that to you?" Sonic asks, looking at the scar. He grimaces slightly. The idea of Sayaka Miki, hurting someone as close to her as Nightwing felt too hard to believe.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Headless HorseDanJ86 said:

"But-But-But the great Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth are back together now! I read so much about you guys before I joined the Skylanders. Mr. Wright was able to turn the tide even during the most tragic of incidence when his very first solo case had him defend Maya Fey of the accusations of killing her older sister and Mr. Wrights mentor, Mia Fey in Turnabout Sisters. Then there was Turnabout Goodbyes, Bridge of the Turnabout and you both were amazing in Farewell, My Turnabout!"

Spoiler

Image result for phoenix wright determined

Hearing Dan recollect his past ventures, brought a smile to Phoenix's face. "Well, I don't see the solution yet, but that's how most of my trials go! There must be some way we can squeeze out of this situation! Any little bit and then the tide will turn!"

53 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"That's why they tried to kill me, so I wouldn't be able to bring up any more evidence and attempt to re-open the trial". Edgeworth concluded.

"But then how is Nightwing here?!" Yuta said again.

"Active Skylanders, kid. I was declared dead at the time, therefore I fell under "inactive". Nightwing explained to all of them. 

"...Waaaaait a second, are you telling me you used a loophole to fix him?" Yuta asked confused.

"...I'm a lawyer, it's my job to find legal loopholes to screw others over, what do you want from me?" Edgeworth asked.

"He's not wrong", Phoenix agreed with Edgeworth. "It's just a lot finer when it's being used for good!"

"So then, I don't suppose they're still hunting you down since they know there's stuff we can use......right?", Phoenix asked Edgeworth hopefully.

37 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"You and me both, bucko." Neptune says to Nightwing. "Still, though. We got ol' Edgy and Pheonix here! With their legal know-how, maybe it'll allow us to save everyone here!"

"Isn't that right, guys? Riiiiight?"

"Well, if the idea is to replicate how we freed them before, then we best pray that they left enough over from the trial for us to salvage", Phoenix admitted. "One thing to always remember. Evidence is everything. Never come at them with just mental prowess. It all starts with something physical. Something they'll see or hear of. Sometime's it's a special someone. But they have to be there."

• Thumbs Up 5

3 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"Sayaka... did that to you?" Sonic asks, looking at the scar. He grimaces slightly. The idea of Sayaka Miki, hurting someone as close to her as Nightwing felt too hard to believe.

"You shouldn't be too surprised, you and her are actually still quite close here....she's adopted your other self's horrible aspects, but that point still stands. Not to lay it on or anything, but you praised her when she did it". Nightwing explained. "You get used to....this after awhile, but we've taken our fair share of licks here...as you can see from Edgeworth as well as myself". 

Just now, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

"Well, if the idea is to replicate how we freed them before, then we best pray that they left enough over from the trial for us to salvage", Phoenix admitted. "One thing to always remember. Evidence is everything. Never come at them with just mental prowess. It all starts with something physical. Something they'll see or hear of. Sometime's it's a special someone. But they have to be there."

latest?cb=20130630173830

"Do you really think I'd be foolish enough to try to get the trial redone without proper evidence. If Monokuma was that confident, he wouldn't have the bootlegs constantly hunting me down. I have the evidence needed to prove it wrong, I stole it from that idiotic edgelord when I broke free". Edgeworth said, as he hobbled over to a desk with his cane and opened it, revealing two things.

A Joker card and a sign document. "These are official letters from Joker to L.O.S.E admitting everything in his plan. He wanted that cat thing to dispose of them and I stole them before jumping through the portal". 

Nightwing suddenly jumped in "Before the question is brought up, we've got a good reason for why we've done nothing. L.O.S.E have signal jammed outgoing transmissions, all my stuff can do is stop them locating us. But the only way to call upon that judge guy would be getting to the communications room upstairs and surviving against the bootlegs long enough for him to get here". 

"To place it shortly, we're prisoners in our own hideout". Edgeworth simply said. 

• Thumbs Up 4

"This explains why our DEUS and junk isn't working! LOSE's jammers can tamper with any kind of unauthorized software." Sonic says, now understanding more and more about what's going on.

"Could this mean that those jammers also span across the multiverse itself? I mean, back home, everyone else's stuff is broken!" Neptune asks.

• Thumbs Up 4

14 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"Do you really think I'd be foolish enough to try to get the trial redone without proper evidence. If Monokuma was that confident, he wouldn't have the bootlegs constantly hunting me down. I have the evidence needed to prove it wrong, I stole it from that idiotic edgelord when I broke free". Edgeworth said, as he hobbled over to a desk with his cane and opened it, revealing two things.

A Joker card and a sign document. "These are official letters from Joker to L.O.S.E admitting everything in his plan. He wanted that cat thing to dispose of them and I stole them before jumping through the portal".

Spoiler

https://68.media.tumblr.com/a8284e508f6ea67db5210e89e171937d/tumblr_nxin5pzVDx1qhiq2go1_1280.gif

"Sounds like the kind of idiocy I'd expect out of that cat-boy. Let alone his "Darky McDark Angst" self", Undyne scoffed. "Makes the mess but can't clean it up in the end".

6 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"This explains why our DEUS and junk isn't working! LOSE's jammers can tamper with any kind of unauthorized software." Sonic says, now understanding more and more about what's going on.

"Could this mean that those jammers also span across the multiverse itself? I mean, back home, everyone else's stuff is broken!" Neptune asks.

"So, you're saying they could be the ones responsible for the technical difficulty trouble back at the Academy?", Cloud asked.

"God, I hope that doesn't mean we're one of their next targets! They don't even know what they're hitting....and it might be great to keep it that way!", Phoenix spoke up.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Nightwing suddenly jumped in "Before the question is brought up, we've got a good reason for why we've done nothing. L.O.S.E have signal jammed outgoing transmissions, all my stuff can do is stop them locating us. But the only way to call upon that judge guy would be getting to the communications room upstairs and surviving against the bootlegs long enough for him to get here". 

"To place it shortly, we're prisoners in our own hideout". Edgeworth simply said. 

"So...our best move is practically a suicide mission?" Noire said feeling pretty sorrowful. "But Nightwing and Mr. Edgeworth are hurt, they couldn't do it themselves...perhaps we can? If we work together, nobody else has to die!" Daniel said, still clinging to hope and the belief that the Skylanders can succeed.

• Thumbs Up 4

Lily frowned. "I don't like the idea of hurting ourselves... but at the same time, I doubt they'll listen to reason."

"So does this mean we get to blow them up!?" Shade asked, his arms tapping together anxiously. He very clearly wanted to beat up his own bootleg.

"To be honest, I can't think of any better ideas," Jessica said, brushing her hair back. "Well, besides stick around down here, but we're not going to get very far that way."

• Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

latest?cb=20170629142550

"O-Oh man, this is like this one manga I read where a group of people were trapped in an academy filled with evil robots that were trying to destroy other people's technology! A-ARE THEY GONNA MELT OUR BRAINS?!" Yuta said in a panic. 

"...I-I don't believe that would be their goal". Edgeworth said, thinking. 

"But, if you are the real deal, we need to focus on getting you all home". Nightwing said, concluding his thought.

• Thumbs Up 4

26 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"Ugh...And unlike in court, the bootlegs are hard-pressed to put us down. I mean, we even had to restrain NEGA Shantae with a lamp to keep her from slaughtering us!"Phoenix recalled with worry.

"At least in court, while some had their outbursts, we could at least settle them back down thanks to courtroom backup. Also, they weren't so much tasked with our elimination as much as just our capture. Now they want our heads", Undyne added.

"And we're certain that absolutely none of them can be swayed back by any other way?", Cloud asked.

Phoenix shook his head, "Not with them being affected for this long, I assume. Edgeworth, how long has it been since the trial in this dimension?"

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"But, if you are the real deal, we need to focus on getting you all home". Nightwing said, concluding his thought.

"You don't expect us to abandon you, do you!?", Undyne began to protest.

"Undyne, if we want to have so much as equal matching, we're gonna need backup. And "Home" for us is the place to start", Phoenix said.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Sonic wags his finger at Nightwing. "Tsk, tsk! No can do, mister! Not until we solve your crisis, first! Because its not just your world at stake, EVERY world's at stake. If we beat them, I bet we can get home!"

"I get that it's gonna be hard... but come on. When has our adventures ever NOT be?"

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Sonic wags his finger at Nightwing. "Tsk, tsk! No can do, mister! Not until we solve your crisis, first! Because its not just your world at stake, EVERY world's at stake. If we beat them, I bet we can get home!"

"I get that it's gonna be hard... but come on. When has our adventures ever NOT be?"

"...It would be extremely dangerous, near suicidal". Nightwing simply said, as he looked towards the computer screen in front of him. He looked at one folder. Vortech Victory Party. 

"..." 

"...But sometime's you've got to go to that effort to save your friends, and your family". Nightwing said, as he got up and walked over to Sonic. "It feels damn strange to hear you talk like something resembling a non-egotistical hero. Never thought I'd have a day where I wanted the rule-spouting Batman Sonic back with us again". Nightwing said with a grin, the first time the usually happy hero showed any sign of joy during this meeting.

7 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

Phoenix shook his head, "Not with them being affected for this long, I assume. Edgeworth, how long has it been since the trial in this dimension?"

"364 days". Edgeworth said.

"The Judge implemented a new rule for these type of cases, that there is only a one year time period for a case to be reopened, as opposed to the usual ten. Said multiverse cases are too difficult to keep track of for that long". Edgeworth explained.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Never thought I'd have a day where I wanted the rule-spouting Batman Sonic back with us again". Nightwing said with a grin, the first time the usually happy hero showed any sign of joy during this meeting.

"I'll... take that as a compliment." Sonic says, eyeing the folder. "What's in that?"

Sonic squints his eyes, getting a good look at the title. "Vortech Victory Party? What's this all about? Vortech died long before that trial, right?"

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Failinhearts said:

"I'll... take that as a compliment." Sonic says, eyeing the folder. "What's in that?"

Sonic squints his eyes, getting a good look at the title. "Vortech Victory Party? What's this all about? Vortech died long before that trial, right?"

Nightwing nodded. "Yes. T-They are shared network files but they have some photos from before the Vortech defeat, some stuff with myself and the pre-bootleg versions of everyone. I like to look at them to remind myself of...better times". Nightwing said sadly. 

"B-But now isn't the time to think like this, this could be our one chance to save everyone. With all of you, we might not be able to take them down in a solid fight but we should be able to handle them long enough for the judge to get here!". Nightwing said with an optimistic smile, only to be interrupted by Edgeworth, as he walked over to the group, hobbling as he did so, every step filled with pain.

"Before we plan anything, I need to know they can be trusted". Edgeworth said, pointing to Yuta. "I want to know his story, because here, someone with this face is a force that could kill us all". 

• Thumbs Up 4

"Yuta wouldn't hurt a fly!" Komaru stands up for him. "Well... not a good fly. Bad flies, yeah but-"

"Aaaaand you just ruined the moment. I'll speak up as a fellow defect!" Neptune overdramatically bows, her pose beckoning everyone for their attention. "Okie dokie! Sooooo, Yuta Asa- Asaaaah... Asa-"

"...So Yuta... He's a defect from an unauthorized Imaginite Factory, after Buzz finally got called out for his crap. He was destined to be a janitor for all eternity, until we came by and saved him! Now, even though he has no powers to speak of, he wants to help out the cause! Ain't that right?" Neptune explains.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"364 days". Edgeworth said.

"The Judge implemented a new rule for these type of cases, that there is only a one year time period for a case to be reopened, as opposed to the usual ten. Said multiverse cases are too difficult to keep track of for that long". Edgeworth explained.

"Only one day left.....so even if we left and tried to come back with backup there's no telling on if we'd be able to get things fixed properly in time", Phoenix realized. "And what happened to Lana Skye? Don't tell me she was bootlegged as well and installed back at the Prosecutor's Office back home!"

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"B-But now isn't the time to think like this, this could be our one chance to save everyone. With all of you, we might not be able to take them down in a solid fight but we should be able to handle them long enough for the judge to get here!". Nightwing said with an optimistic smile

"Well, I hate to admit it. But we're gonna need the element of surprise to get an edge on them for that to happen", Undyne said. "Especially since if I heard my double correctly, she's even rallying Rexy and her dino posse to aid them as well".

• Thumbs Up 5