Awoo.

Sonic Forces Bonus Edition Releasing November 7th

Wraith

2 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

PERSONA!

The costumes look cool, but I hope to god they don't remain as pre-order exclusive. I really want these Persona 5 and Puyo Puyo costumes, but I can't pre-order physical products to my country.

Do we even know if it is preorder exclusive? From what it sounds like, this is like Sonic Lost World's Deadly Six Edition. In other words, it's more like a Day One Edition type thing. If that is the case, then you can still pick up the Bonus Edition in stores even without preordering. I know I didn't preorder Lost World, but I still managed to buy the Deadly Six Edition in a store.

1 minute ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

Do we even know if it is preorder exclusive? From what it sounds like, this is like Sonic Lost World's Deadly Six Edition. In other words, it's more like a Day One Edition type thing. If that is the case, then you can still pick up the Bonus Edition in stores even without preordering. I know I didn't preorder Lost World, but I still managed to buy the Deadly Six Edition in a store.

Great, then I've got nothing to worry about. I wasn't excited for this game at all, but if I get to run around with Sonic and Joker then that's all I need.

10 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Am I the only one who read all of his post AND realised he wasn't being too serious....

Well  if wasnt then apologies on my part, it can hard to tell sometimes on a Sonic board is all  xD

2 minutes ago, TCB said:

So with Persona 5 rep we got a Joker in Sonic Forces

So um, why not a Dragon

Of Dojima 

tenor.gif

Or how about a (Mad) Dog?

of Shimano

majimaozsa4.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 5

12 minutes ago, TCB said:

So um, why not a Dragon

Of Dojima 

Or we could get...

35651729111_0dbe2a317e_o.gif

Edit: Dammit AdventChild!

• Chuckle 1

A Shenmue costume would be amazing. I also think that having the Samurai outfit from Shin Megami Tensei IV would be just as great.

Ryo_Hazuki_PXZ2.thumb.png.56fc2150a1968caf493bbfbbbd37c89f.png

2443264-5532962257-smtiv.thumb.png.0f955a0203cffbfe55e671b10856d893.png

Unfortunately, it didn't happen. That Jet Set Radio costume looks amazing though. Also, whatever you do, if you own a Switch DO NOT put on those controller skins. It will damage your Joycons.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Well  if wasnt then apologies on my part, it can hard to tell sometimes on a Sonic board is all  xD

It's ok Son.

LookAtAllTheFunWereHaving.mpg4

• Thumbs Up 1

>Anyone taking anything I say seriously

But that's what I get for FORCING a joke!

Eh?

Eeeehhhhhh?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 5

Huh, wish I still cared about the Persona series

14 minutes ago, AdventChild said:

Or how about a (Mad) Dog?

of Shimano

majimaozsa4.gif

13 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Or we could get...

35651729111_0dbe2a317e_o.gif

Edit: Dammit AdventChild!

This idea however, this has possibilities.

8 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

But that's what I get for FORCING a joke!

Eh?

Eeeehhhhhh?

no

Joker costume looks cool oh ffs , but no red gloves, huh? I guess they're already in the game so they didn't include them here? Eh, I dunno.

The rest of the costumes don't look great, but they don't look too bad (poor Nights tho)

The controller skins tho... yeah, not a fan. Not that it matters to me tho, cuz if I'd get the game, that'd be for PC.

I was wondering why Forces was trending on Twitter when I got up. I didn't expect this to be the reason. I did, however, expect a silly outrage from it and I definitely got that before it was drowned out.

Haha, man. I love this game. <3

But real talk? While I don't play Skies of Arcadia and have no plans or interest in doing so, I do like Vyse's design and would love like an outfit set of him for the Avatar.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

This idea however, this has possibilities.

OMG ok.. guys hear me out... I think I'm onto something!

What if... Big the Cat has cameos in this game... Whilst Cosplaying... As Yakuza's Majima!

It would be like Sonic Adventure 2 all over again! Only a billion times better!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

Noticed the Bonus Edition of the game will be retailing at $40. Does this price point also apply to the standard versions of the game?

$40 seems to be the new price point for platformers with retail releases nowadays (outside of Nintendo games). The Ratchet and Clank remake, Crash N-Sane Trilogy, and Yooka-Laylee were all initially released at that price point, as will the upcoming Knack 2 and the Purrfect Edition of Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back.

e: Also forgot to note that the leak from a month ago about the game releasing November 7th was spot on the money. Ought to be fun how Forces stacks up to the competition after all of the other established platforming series (Crash, Knack, Mario, Bubsy, and Genesis Sonic itself via Mania), would have their respective games come out by then.

I'd feel like I failed my duty as a Sonic geek if I didn't get that PS4 controller skin.

It's 3D Sonic, an evil villain, and an explosion! Like an action movie is going on but it's INSIDE my controller. Fuck yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, sonicdudeatdawn said:

Screw sonic mania, Forces did puyo puyo right!

One is an actual playable mode in the game, the other is a hat that you can only get via a pre-order bonus.

This is better how?

• Thumbs Up 4

Yup seems like the usual Forces thread.

Personally, I don't think controller skins have ever looked good. The Jet Set Radio Gear is nice, I haven't played Persona and have no plans to, Puyo gear should have been more than just a hat, NiGHTS gear looks ok but whoever is designing the characters for these ads needs to do a better job, and AiAi's head looks weird with those teeth. Whew, done.

No Ristar? Aw, missed oppurtunity with the hookshot. kiiiinda like the rubber arms.
And no Billy Hatcher or Alex Kidd costume... Oh wait, the Pc version! There will be hacks and extra mods in no time! Yes! I'm going to get the..Oh wait, DRM. Never mind.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

No offense but I swear sonicdudeatdawn is trolling at this point.

Guess I'll admit they should've added more to the costumes such as having the full Amitie outfit ala Runners and a Billy Hatcher outfit like Roger mentioned but there's always future DLC so I wouldn't give up hope yet.

I'm glad Super Monkey Ball isn't completely forgetten.

The controller skin looks very bleh and I would've expected better for an official one at that. (Should've used a simple color scheme instead of just slapping the artwork on it.)