Awoo.

Sonic Forces Bonus Edition Releasing November 7th

Wraith

Skins for my fast-moving, far-from-the-camera avatar? A controller skin that will backfire on me if the game is anything less than great? Not one, but TWO "bonus" banners that obscure the best cover art since Sonic Adventure 2: Battle? Why hell yes, sign me up!

What a joke. 

38 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

One is an actual playable mode in the game, the other is a hat that you can only get via a pre-order bonus.

This is better how?

It depends on who you ask. I'm not into Puyo so it ended up being an annoyance that I have to play every time I do Chemical Plant (I still kinda want Puyo Tet but that's for the story and voices mostly). I don't think you have to pre-order either. Day 1 editions generally last a long time.

Anyways, the controller skin kinda has me on the fence... If it messes up Switch controllers then I'd probably get the PS4 version, but on the other hand I want more games for my Switch. Hrm.

Everytime someone says "Joker" I can only think of the one from Batman. Haven't played the Persona games.

God. I really just want the game to hurry up and come out now. The pre-game speculation from folks who've already made up their mind about the game at this point has reached it's maximum. I need to see the after effects of it actually coming out now.

I'm not exempt from that either. It's gonna make me sad. I'll enjoy it and have fun but at the same time I won't be able to argue against the problems I'm already seeing and wishing weren't there, even if I do feel some of the reactions are over the top on both sides. However, that's probably due to me being in the neutral camp. 

I'm both looking forward to it and both not excited for it at the same time. It's a terrible feeling and I want it to be over already.

One thing I'm positive on is that I never want to hear Sonic speaking to a fan-character like their bros ever again. 

Sonic: We can do this together partner!

Tails: Right! We can-!

Sonic: Who the hell are you? Get back in the background you two-tailed freak! I'm hanging with my best friend, SuperAwesomehog980!

These are some really cool callbacks to some beloved, forgotten franchises. I'm a huge Monkey Ball and JSR fan, so I'll take any cool in-game merch I can get.

So I get costumes for my OC based on my favorite non-Sonic Sega franchises at no extra cost?

That's pretty cool. It's not much, but I'll enjoy these accessories for what they are. I just hope there's a Wispon that makes my character straight-up fly (Either Eagle or Hover), so I can finally have that NiGHTS 3 I never got.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

No Ristar? Aw, missed oppurtunity with the hookshot. kiiiinda like the rubber arms.
And no Billy Hatcher or Alex Kidd costume... Oh wait, the Pc version! There will be hacks and extra mods in no time! Yes! I'm going to get the..Oh wait, DRM. Never mind.

Don't worry, Mania's DRM was circumvented in two hours.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

By the way, I'm amazed by the price. In a world where the triple A stink has every game at 60 bucks, this coming out at 40 is a blessing for me. I'll take what I can get.

Maybe use that extra 20 on Mania...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Celestia said:

I have not played Persona.

Eh, if you like anime Hichschool shenanigans, dating sims, and the occasional dungeon crawl its worth looking into

5 hours ago, Celestia said:

Okay. The controller skins are pretty "eh." Costumes are alright.

Maybe I'm just being impatient but this game comes out in two months and a week and it still doesn't feel like they've started seriously promoting it yet.

I'm really starting to question the games length TBH.

1 hour ago, Rummy said:

That's great and all but where's the PC pre-order?

They're delaying it by two weeks so they can add a secure Rom costume pack to it.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 3

1 hour ago, Balding Spider said:

Eh, if you like anime Hichschool shenanigans, dating sims, and the occasional dungeon crawl its worth looking into

I'm really starting to question the games length TBH.

>Not expecting a 3-4 hour romp youll play once before shoving it on the game rack to collect dust

• Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Balding Spider said:

So kinda like Sonic X then?

21 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

So kinda like Sonic X then?

Hmm... yes. If Sonic X went on for about 40 hours. And throught it's narrative was more clever then it was.

Spoiler

I don't know if the latter was also the case in Sonic X I jumped from that ship 3 episodes in

The Persona skin looks very good, but that controller skin is god awful. I'd have preferred some extra DLC content such as an extra level like Chemical Plant instead of a few extra cosmetics and an egregious controller skin. This honestly just comes off as lazy.

If they put in an extra level, anyone who didn't buy day 1 would be getting stiffed, or at least feel like it. Day one DLC is never really a good thing anyway, so the least it can be is an inconsequential thing to lose for anyone who waits to purchase the game.

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but isn't the one wearing the Jet Set Radio clothes a Hedgehog? The spikes he has on look freaking weird.

Maybe? I thought you might be able to change the hairstyle for some reason, could be a part of that.

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but isn't the one wearing the Jet Set Radio clothes a Hedgehog? The spikes he has on look freaking weird.

I think it is since hedgehogs have short pointed tails and triangle ears plus his head looks very fitting for different types of quills to mess around with.

Some of these are alright.

I'm not sure about the SMB and Nights mask though. Maybe they would have been better as just ears and hat.

Lookin cool joker. Will be playing with the persona 5 skin. Honestly, thats the only thing sans music that has me pumped for forces. Will still be buying two copies since im an idiot collector

There should be a Tails costume. That way I can have the narrative of a fan character who creepily dresses up as Tails so that he can go on adventures with Sonic, all the while both the real Sonic and Tails are horrified underneath but say very cheesy and encouraging lines about how he's awesome and the best partner ever to appease his insanity. 

• Chuckle 4