Awoo.

Sonic Forces Bonus Edition Releasing November 7th

Wraith

I don't get these message boards some times. People are making joke posts, some of which are confused for genuine ones. While one other obvious sounding joke is ruled as being by a troll? I dunno...whatever...

Anyway, I had noticed that Amazon.co.uk has included "Bonus Edition" in the title of the game but the picture is still the same. Currently they had only done that for the XBone and Switch.

Hmmm Amazon has a listing for the bonus edition as well as the standard edition. Is it dumb that I might prefer the standard edition to get the non shitted up box art? I won't use the controller sticker and don't really care about anything to do with the avatar. I think I just prefer having the version without ugly logos all over the box.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not going to get this at Launch or Pre-Order it. Since the Game comes out on November 7th, I will just wait until Black Friday and see if any stores in my city are still carrying the Day 1 Edition. Hell, I can still find the Sonic Boom Fire & Ice Day 1 Edition that has the Sonic Boom DVD at Wal-Mart or Target!

• Promotion 1

Do we have any confirmation that the game will be $40? If so, that to me is a bad omen about its amount of content, given that other kids' games retail for full price. 

On 9/2/2017 at 11:05 AM, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Do we have any confirmation that the game will be $40? If so, that to me is a bad omen about its amount of content, given that other kids' games retail for full price. 

Yes it is $40 as for content Nakamura on Twitter answer that question saying "not short" also I never make price be an indicator of a games content.

8 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Has anyone asked Nakamura if Sonic's friends will have big roles in the story.

A storyboard shows that Tails will. But as for the others, there is a rumor Silver will be playable and Knuckles is on the box. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

A storyboard shows that Tails will. But as for the others, there is a rumor Silver will be playable and Knuckles is on the box. 

Corporate Guy 1: We have some space left for the box art and it's throwing off the aesthetic. Who should we add?

Corporate Guy 2: Whose that red guy with the vague backstory voiced by Travis Willingham?

Corporate Guy 1: Zavok.

Corporate Guy 2: Okay, put him on there then.

And then they fucked up and put Knuckles on there by mistake.

• Chuckle 5

On 8/31/2017 at 10:09 AM, Josh said:

+Skins based on Sega/Atlus characters
+Controller skins for each console variant. 

No DLC levels like Lost World though. I....didn't expect to see a Persona 5 outfit of all things, but at least one of my favorite games of the year is getting exposure. 

Is this only for physical copes? If I were to buy the game digitally on day 1, would I get the costumes as well, or would I have to buy the physical copy to get it? I don't live close to a video game retailer, and have to drive miles out of town, just to find a nearby store that sells this kind of stuff. I'd rather save money, and just digitally purchase the game, but I don't want to do that, If I don't get any of these extras. I can understand not getting the controller skins from a digital purchase, but to not get the dlc costumes, that would be pretty unfair. 

I'm surprised Sega hasn't made a Bonus Edition, or any physical copy for PC. Guess PC gamers aren't getting the extras then?

Mods will cover that someday...

13 hours ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Based on the fan negativity of this game, I think full price might not be the right marketing approach.

18 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Corporate Guy 1: We have some space left for the box art and it's throwing off the aesthetic. Who should we add?

Corporate Guy 2: Whose that red guy with the vague backstory voiced by Travis Willingham?

Corporate Guy 1: Zavok.

Corporate Guy 2: Okay, put him on there then.

And then they fucked up and put Knuckles on there by mistake.

But notice his position, with the heroes instead of the villains. Meaning it's not a mistake, and it forms corporate synergy with Mania.

1 hour ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

But notice his position, with the heroes instead of the villains. Meaning it's not a mistake, and it forms corporate synergy with Mania.

...There's no way you took that post seriously. Right?

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Is this only for physical copes? If I were to buy the game digitally on day 1, would I get the costumes as well, or would I have to buy the physical copy to get it? I don't live close to a video game retailer, and have to drive miles out of town, just to find a nearby store that sells this kind of stuff. I've rather save money, and just digitally purchase the game, but I don't want to do that, If I don't get any of these extras. I can understand not getting the controller skins from a digital purchase, but to not get the dlc costumes, that would be pretty unfair. 

Digital pre-orders will be announced at a later date, and they may well come with bonuses of their own. Hang tight for the time being.

I've got to ask though - why not order online for day-one delivery? Check out Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop or wherever else you might buy the game from and see how much it will cost. Chances are that postage will be free, or nothing more than a few dollars. With pre-orders, it's standard practice for retailers to ship items a day or two early so that they arrive right on time.

2 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Digital pre-orders will be announced at a later date, and they may well come with bonuses of their own. Hang tight for the time being.

I've got to ask though - why not order online for day-one delivery? Check out Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop or wherever else you might buy the game from and see how much it will cost. Chances are that postage will be free, or nothing more than a few dollars. With pre-orders, it's standard practice for retailers to ship items a day or two early so that they arrive right on time.

I ended up preordering it from Best Buy for day 1 delivery, before I got your response, I usually don't like to order games online, since they can be pricier for day one delivery, but I suppose it's more expensive to fill up on car gas as well. Don't order from Gamestop though, it would have cost $52 altogether for day 1 shipping, Best Buy only charged me $43 altogether for day 1 shipping.

When I do preorder, I prefer at least putting $5 down first, and pay full price when the game is released, online preorders don't give you that option, they force you to pay up front. Since Sonic Forces is only $40 instead of $60, I saw no harm in preordering it online. I got the Switch version for portable purposes, but I might get the Steam version on a later date, if it becomes popular in the modding community.

6 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I ended up preordering it from Best Buy for day 1 delivery, before I got your response, I usually don't like to order games online, since they can be pricier for day one delivery, but I suppose it's more expensive to fill up on car gas as well. Don't order from Gamestop though, it would have cost $52 altogether for day 1 shipping, Best Buy only charged me $43 altogether for day 1 shipping.

When I do preorder, I prefer at least putting $5 down first, and pay full price when the game is released, online preorders don't give you that option, they force you to pay up front. Since Sonic Forces is only $40 instead of $60, I saw no harm in preordering it online. I got the Switch version for portable purposes, but I might get the Steam version on a later date, if it becomes popular in the modding community.

If you're preordering on Amazon, they charge you when the item ships. With Best Buy and Target, they do weird things where they charge you as a method of "checking" to see that you have the funds and then refund you a few days later (I learned this the hard way when the Switch preorders went live...ugh). Gamestop will usually put a "lock" on your order 2 weeks before the item goes out because they send the shipping info to their warehouse at that time, but they won't charge you until the item ships (unless it's a major release like a system, in which they will alert you a few days before when they're gonna charge you). But Amazon will *never* charge you until the item ships. 

Trust me, I've gotten this down to a science. If you don't want to deal with having to pay upfront or any garbage because some sites are dumb like that, next time order from Amazon. 

12 hours ago, doctorbenMD said:

If you're preordering on Amazon, they charge you when the item ships. With Best Buy and Target, they do weird things where they charge you as a method of "checking" to see that you have the funds and then refund you a few days later (I learned this the hard way when the Switch preorders went live...ugh). Gamestop will usually put a "lock" on your order 2 weeks before the item goes out because they send the shipping info to their warehouse at that time, but they won't charge you until the item ships (unless it's a major release like a system, in which they will alert you a few days before when they're gonna charge you). But Amazon will *never* charge you until the item ships. 

Trust me, I've gotten this down to a science. If you don't want to deal with having to pay upfront or any garbage because some sites are dumb like that, next time order from Amazon. 

Jeez, another way the brick and mortar stores are digging their own graves. 

For some bizarre reason my order for Sonic Forces bonus edition for Switch gave me a delivery estimate update saying Friday, September 22, 2017 - Friday, October 6, 2017...

That's got to be an error. Though I wouldn't mind if the street date is broken.

17 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

For some bizarre reason my order for Sonic Forces bonus edition for Switch gave me a delivery estimate update saying Friday, September 22, 2017 - Friday, October 6, 2017...

That's got to be an error. Though I wouldn't mind if the street date is broken.

I got the same thing I'm gonna have to call them later.

Was anyone able to get the bonus edition for Xbox One on Amazon US? I see it on Gamestop but I had enough Amazon credit so was trying to do that instead, but all they have is the regular. They do list the PS4 & Switch bonus editions (I won't have either system, this year at least). I can't find it on Xbox.com either, and I was able to get Sonic Mania there day one.

81wlYXanWNL._SL1500_.jpg

UK boxart confirming the what the art cards look like and that the game is even XB1X enhanced.