Awoo.

Sonic Forces DLC topic(Get a Shadow costume from preording from EB Games)

Klinsy

2 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

Why is it so important that the game must have left a bad impression to everyone? And why do people get mad when I say otherwise?

I'm not getting mad that you are suggesting people are hyped for this game. Some people genuinely is that suggesting that its old fans, because it comes with the stigma "of old fans not liking anything new" when i'm an old fan who likes new things, in multiple franchises. And there are plenty of people who are newer fans... who also don't like this game. They don't find it like the things in colors and generations that they actually like. Some of them fell in love with mania because what the game is, focused. This isn't absolute. 

But I feel like your statement is trying to pin disdain on a specific group trying downplay it and suggest its an inability to change. Rather than people having genuine reactions to the media, as if another type of sonic game wouldn't have pleased them. Which is a premise i'm finding in some sonic centered youtube videos as of late, the suggestion that the sonic fanbase will never be happy. Tyring to eliminate fault from the people actually making bad games, and blame the fans. Something that I do not abide by , under most circumstances. 

• Thumbs Up 4

23 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Nothing about Forces is a problem because it only appeals to younger fans. The problem is that it's just crappy all-round. And even if you don't think so (which is fine), I implore you, a consumer, to defend retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses.

The point is that it being crap is an opinion, not fact.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Well, to be fairer still, there were also non X-Men/F4 characters missing that people want around again (mostly from the last installment), as well as Capcom examples like Hayato (not to mention characters found only in the games of Capcom against other companies, such as Tessa). Some of the prior games even got re-releases recently, and the game already has a hearty roster, unlike Forces. With Forces, however? There is only one recent option and that's Mania. Slightly before that were Fire and Ice and Rio, both spinoffs.

Thoughts on this?

20 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I'm not getting mad that you are suggesting people are hyped for this game. Some people genuinely is that suggesting that its old fans, because it comes with the stigma "of old fans not liking anything new" when i'm an old fan who likes new things, in multiple franchises. And there are plenty of people who are newer fans... who also don't like this game. They don't find it like the things in colors and generations that they actually like. Some of them fell in love with mania because what the game is, focused. This isn't absolute. 

But I feel like your statement is trying to pin disdain on a specific group trying downplay it and suggest its an inability to change. Rather than people having genuine reactions to the media, as if another type of sonic game wouldn't have pleased them. Which is a premise i'm finding in some sonic centered youtube videos as of late, the suggestion that the sonic fanbase will never be happy. Tyring to eliminate fault from the people actually making bad games, and blame the fans. Something that I do not abide by , under most circumstances. 

I kinda agree. I especially hate Dorkly's factor, and their massive hypocrisy in believing while we're bad, they agree with us.

3 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

The point is that it being crap is an opinion, not fact.

And I hope that you realise that nobody said nor implied otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

And I hope that you realise that nobody said nor implied otherwise. 

True, I always forget this stuff is implied.

1 minute ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Thoughts on this?

I feel like while comparable in the sense of companies suggesting that approximations of things are the thing aen't great. Are still two different issues one being the lack of confidence. Vs literally company politics of " we don't have the movie rights to these characters, so we push them less". Because the first sonic related thing, can be fixed more easily than the 2nd one. Because they second can be fixed by changing people, and focus ect. The 2nd problem, while it doesn't mean the X-men for the FF wont show up in games again, they probably well they will probably sell them to you at a premium. It does mean this type of shit is going to go on, untill fox fucks up so much that they give the X-men or FF's rights back, though the latter seems closer to happening at any given time. The former is a multi-million dollar movie franchise that is successful, so due to the nature of the agreement marvel had with fox for that licence its gonna go on for a very long time.

I wouldn't say either is a worse problem, but they are different problems

• Promotion 1

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

Keep up the good work, SEGA! 

9: loot boxes with costume parts.

Calling it early to guarantee disappointment.

• Chuckle 3

• The title was changed to Sonic Forces DLC topic(Get a Shadow costume from preording from EB Games)
29 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

9: loot boxes with costume parts.

Calling it early to guarantee disappointment.

I didn't even fucking think of this holy shit

You can pay for lootboxes in bulk

Oh god 

1 hour ago, Jack the Rookie said:

True, I always forget this stuff is implied.

I'm a older fan from the start. I'm excited cause it's new. Sure I don't care for the exclusive outfits but everything else shines. I just hope infinite is as great a villain as mephiles was for me

• Thumbs Up 2

The banner says that you receive a Shadow the Hedgehog costume. No where does it say that it's in-game, or, if it's an actual real-life costume they mail you.

No? Anyone? I'll see myself out.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Retailer-exclusive preorder DLC, preorder DLC, DLC, it all kinda sucks. It's not a Forces specific problem, and the most I can say is that I'm thankful I'm not missing out on anything significant or cool. If this had been an actual Shadow skin that just looks like the guy, I might have been more pissed than I am, but also the modding scene will do that the day after the game hits steam so eh.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Flame Lance said:

Meh, stop teasing us with goofy costumes and give us the real deal already. It's been over a decade.  When is Sonic Team ever going to stop  being allergic to having multiple playable characters again? I feel like all effort for this game has been dumped into the CaC since that's what the vast majority of the news has been about. 

That said, it seems like DLC will be a thing. Would love to see something substantial but not getting my hopes up. 

That's the problem. Their pre-order DLC makes it apparent that they're fixated on the CaC and truly think that this is the feature that's going to sell the game and differentiate it from its predecessors instead of ... you know ... actually having great level design.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Flame Lance said:

Meh, stop teasing us with goofy costumes and give us the real deal already. It's been over a decade.  When is Sonic Team ever going to stop  being allergic to having multiple playable characters again? I feel like all effort for this game has been dumped into the CaC since that's what the vast majority of the news has been about. 

That said, it seems like DLC will be a thing. Would love to see something substantial but not getting my hopes up. 

When they actually get substantial talent and fire visionless hacks like Iizuka.

6 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Nothing about Forces is a problem because it only appeals to younger fans. The problem is that it's just crappy all-round. And even if you don't think so (which is fine), I implore you, a consumer, to defend retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses.

I'm still in the middle about it. I don't think it's crappy all-around because there are some elements and concepts here that I'm liking specifically because I haven't seen them present within a Sonic game in awhile. Not to mention the fact that I've seen what actual shit looks like when it comes to Sonic and as hyperbolic as I can be about the decisions Forces is making, this ain't it. Not even close.

That said, a lot of what their decision making is leading them to do is on the definite side of disappointment in other areas. Dare I say if the characters weren't present at all, the plot weren't what it was about Eggman's takeover, and the elements that were there to make it feel like an actual adventure weren't finally being paid attention to again, I'd probably not care all too much about it.

I'd be interested to see how much fun I could squeeze out of the Modern Sonic stages and that'd probably be it. 

1 hour ago, TargetWatch said:

When they actually get substantial talent and fire visionless hacks like Iizuka.

With edge like this who needs a playable Shadow?

• Chuckle 7

Just now, TargetWatch said:

Edge or no edge, it's not exactly not true is it?

If you end up saying the same thing every 4th post I'm sure eventually you'll take any uninformed opinion as fact regardless as to how simplistic and hyperbole it is.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Mayor D said:

If you end up saying the same thing every 4th post I'm sure eventually you'll take any uninformed opinion as fact regardless as to how simplistic and hyperbole it is.

So, you're saying the large bulk of the problems isn't due to the fact Iizuka is charge? Cause we both know that isn't true.

2 minutes ago, TargetWatch said:

So, you're saying the large bulk of the problems isn't due to the fact Iizuka is charge? Cause we both know that isn't true.

I dunno

Given Iizuka was in charge for Generations and that was pretty alright, I'd say the variable here is like, Kishimoto or something

Given Kishimoto was Director on LW and Colours, two games that were mediocre at best

And that ain't even getting in to Nakamura's record

Just a thought, innit

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, TargetWatch said:

No mate... You believe that to be true because you cant go 4 posts without moaning about Iizuka or something along those lines because he's not doing what you want.

Take this topic for example. What does Iizuka have to do with retailer specific DLC or the lack of playable Shadow for a game he's not directing?

2 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Just a thought, innit

Isnt he now mainly working in the US too. Where the Mania guys are based?

And didn't he suggest the development and vision on that?

And didn't that game release to critical and sales acclaim?

• Thumbs Up 8

5 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

I dunno

Given Iizuka was in charge for Generations and that was pretty alright, I'd say the variable here is like, Kishimoto or something

Given Kishimoto was Director on LW and Colours, two games that were mediocre at best

And that ain't even getting in to Nakamura's record

Just a thought, innit

Well the over reliance of nostalgia is a massive problem  and I doubt it was Kishimoto who decided to throw in Classic Sonic or have the game be made up of reimagined stages. After-all Iizuka's the one who gave us Sonic 4...

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

No mate... You believe that to be true because you cant go 4 posts without moaning about Iizuka or something along those lines because he's not doing what you want.

Take this topic for example. What does Iizuka have to do with retailer specific DLC or the lack of playable Shadow for a game he's not directing?

Nothing, but Iizuka is a push over and would allow for things like this to happen without any objection.

2 minutes ago, TargetWatch said:

Well the over reliance of nostalgia is a massive problem  and I doubt it was Kishimoto who decided to throw in Classic Sonic or have the game be made up of reimagined stages. After-all Iizuka's the one who gave us Sonic 4...

Why do you doubt that? Just cuz? 

Iizuka DIMPS gave us Sonic 4, but Iizuka did stuff like direct SA1 and took on a Senior role in the Classic games, as well as supervising level design in Mania. So he's evidently not the terrible person you seem to want to make him out as. 

• Thumbs Up 5