Awoo.

Sonic Forces DLC topic(Get a Shadow costume from preording from EB Games)

Klinsy

Just now, TargetWatch said:

After-all Iizuka's the one who gave us Sonic 4...

... .... .... Ok who wants to tell him?

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

Iizuka-san can be kooky but the man is largely responsible for the original NiGHTS into Dreams, dude's a legend and is totally capable of rocking the place

place

place

place

Given how relatively often he mentions it in interviews, I wouldn't be surprised if he were just getting a bit fatigued of Sonic and would prefer to make NiGHTS 3 instead.

Hey, as long as it follows the original's design then go crazy, man.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Why do you doubt that? Just cuz? 

Iizuka did give us Sonic 4, but he also did stuff like direct SA1 and took on a Senior role in the Classic games, as well as supervising level design in Mania. So he's evidently not the terrible person you seem to want to make him out as. 

Oh please, it was clearly Yuji Naka that made those games what they were. Iizuka hasn't demonstrated any of the qualities he once did back then cause he doesn't have Yuji Naka to guide him nor give him a vision anymore. Also, I've no doubt him super-vising Mania is the reason to why Sonic Mania only has 4 unique stages, so bravo Iizuka... He was competent during the Adventure era and Heroes, but after that he just lost the plot. I can't say I blame Yuji though for leaving after SEGA treated him and his developers like shit. I'll give him Knights though. I just don't think Iizuka understands Sonic.

2 minutes ago, TargetWatch said:

Oh please, it was clearly Yuji Naka that made those games what they were. Iizuka hasn't demonstrated any of the qualities he once did back then cause he doesn't have Yuji Naka to guide him nor give him a vision anymore.

I literally just said Generations was pretty dang fine; not just to me, but evidently to many. 

Naka's no saint either. 

Also, I've no doubt him super-vising Mania is the reason to why Sonic Mania only has 4 unique stages, so bravo Iizuka...

You got proof, boyo? At least justify the hate boner with facts, c'mon.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, TargetWatch said:

Oh please, it was clearly Yuji Naka that made those games what they were. Iizuka hasn't demonstrated any of the qualities he once did back then cause he doesn't have Yuji Naka to guide him nor give him a vision anymore. [...] I can't say I blame Yuji though for leaving after SEGA treated him and his developers like shit.

Look man. We get it. You don't lile Iizuka because he's not doing what you want... but making stuff up isn't cool.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

I literally just said Generations was pretty dang fine; not just to me, but evidently to many. 

You got proof? At least justify the hate boner with facts, c'mon.

Christian Whitehead admitted as much that it was Sonic Team's idea to throw in remiagned stages and being as it was Iizuka that who super-vised, I wouldn't say it's all that far fetched of a claim when consideiring that the man has been actively abusing nostlagia since 2010. I'd assume it's only logical.

5 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Look man. We get it. You don't lile Iizuka because he's not doing what you want... but making stuff up isn't cool.

It's more that I don't like how much of a liar he is or has become. I'm pretty sure I'm not making stuff up in regards to Yuji being the true mind behind the Adventure series. I'm not saying Iizuka didn't help in his prime, just saying he's most likely not the main driving force behind the kind of games they were.

20 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

I dunno

Given Iizuka was in charge for Generations and that was pretty alright, I'd say the variable here is like, Kishimoto or something

Given Kishimoto was Director on LW and Colours, two games that were mediocre at best

And that ain't even getting in to Nakamura's record

Just a thought, innit

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Iizuka only the producer for Colors, Generations and Lost World? I don't know how these things wrong my apologizes.

and Christian agreed that it'd probably be for the best to mostly use existing stages with Mania. He probably could have contested and made a case, but honestly, it caught more public appeal probably using stages people were familiar with. 

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

and Christian agreed that it'd probably be for the best to mostly use existing stages with Mania. He probably could have contested and made a case, but honestly, it caught more public appeal probably using stages people were familiar with. 

It's not like he'd a say in other-wise. Though as far as I'm concerned if the past is all that matters to Sonic Team, then I'll just play the old games. I consider that fair.

1 minute ago, Ratcicle King said:

Yeah but the original pitch was also Sonic 1,2 and CD bundled for consoles with a couple of new stages as a small bonus.

Sonic Team instead gave them the option to make their own game and reuse assets to ease their workload a bit so they could make it in time for Sonic's 25th birthday.

Which they didn't even then, showing how much work they had even with the old assets.

So, it's barely a new game then? I like Mania, but there's not much new about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Diogenes said:

The point is that there's likely more new content in it due to Iizuka's suggestion than there would've been in the original pitch.

I highly doubt that. I'm fully convinced he's the main reason Sonic Team has been abusing nostalgia. He just doesn't know where to go next and green-lighting things like Sonic Forces shows it.

Yeah if we were just doing ports again, probably wouldn't be as notable or interesting in the long run, and with what Mania turned out, we got much more and the team could be much more creative 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, TargetWatch said:

I highly doubt that. I'm fully convinced he's the main reason Sonic Team has been abusing nostalgia. He just doesn't know where to go next and green-lighting things like Sonic Forces shows it.

Look man I'll be among the first to shout about how Sonic Team sucks and is killing the series but it seems pretty clear that you've already decided what you want the situation to be and you're just going to keep insisting on it in spite of any arguments or facts to the contrary.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Look man I'll be among the first to shout about how Sonic Team sucks and is killing the series but it seems pretty clear that you've already decided what you want the situation to be and you're just going to keep insisting on it in spite of any arguments or facts to the contrary.

Then by all means prove otherwise?

We literally just talked about Iizuka encouraging more new content. The sum total of your response was "I don't believe it".

You're the one making tons of radical assertions and not providing a shred of proof here.

• Thumbs Up 9

Generally, the burden of proof is going to be on the person who made the original claims.

Honestly the nostalgia overload seems more like a focus testing thing than something Sonic Team actually wants to do. Of course that's just my perception of things, but I mean...look at how shoehorned in Classic Sonic feels. Even the game's theme song has lyrics like "the two of us," and it's use during the Double Boost segments makes it very clear who exactly is being left out there.

• Thumbs Up 7

I could be wrong but, isn't this also the first real game many of the main team worked on professionally? Because it'd mean Iizuka not only gave them a chance to aim higher but also one hell of a first project under their name.

5 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Generally, the burden of proof is going to be on the person who made the original claims.

Honestly the nostalgia overload seems more like a focus testing thing than something Sonic Team actually wants to do. Of course that's just my perception of things, but I mean...look at how shoehorned in Classic Sonic feels. Even the game's theme song has lyrics like "the two of us," and it's use during the Double Boost segments makes it very clear who exactly is being left out there.

Eh, I hope.