Awoo.

Sonic Forces DLC topic(Get a Shadow costume from preording from EB Games)

Klinsy

Thinking about DLC, I would be surprised if, in terms of actual post-launch DLC rather than just pre-order stuff, they went only with costume DLC because that favours only a third of the game, even if it's the third they're leaning on perhaps the most.  But it's very difficult to know what to expect as Sega doesn't ever appear to have had any kind of consistent approach to DLC; the safest guess would probably be that there won't actually be any post-launch DLC at all.  In terms of long-term profits from a single games, Sega seems to prefer to rely on a game getting a continuous stream of steady sales - for their games to have legs, to put it colloquially - rather than attempting to squeeze more money from people who've already made the purchase.  Perhaps they're calculating that most players are children, the game purchased by their parents, who are less likely to know about  or have access to DLC?

On 02/09/2017 at 3:30 AM, Klinsy said:

There is actually interesting way Sonic's DLC came in past with Lost World with it's Nintendo collabs and Unleashed providing additional levels without from my knowledge just removing it from the game and going for a modest price.

But I think one I would like to revisit is Sonic's first visit into the world of DLC, silly time based storyless adventures like find the photos of actual of hedgehogs

Or just giving out seasonal costumes for free just for playing the game on Christmas or something, it's free but it's small enough to not make Sega charge for it, heck, this was actually done in 2012 by giving Alex Kidd in Tranformed to players who played after Christmas

I never knew about that Sonic Adventure DLC before.  Ironically, it actually feels quite consistent with the present style of humour on the social media channels.  Of course, the very fact that they can express that kind of silliness through their social media outlets means that it's probably redundant to actually put it in the games themselves.