Awoo.

Would you like Sonic Mania to come to Android and iOS?

molul

Can't find an "add poll" option, so I guess it will have to be a normal topic :)

Title is self-explanatory: would you like to play Mania on Android or iOS? This has nothing to do with "I want Sonic 3 Remaster" (which I do) or "I want Sonic 1 and 2 remasters to come to PC and consoles" (which I don't really need, but I would support it as well). I'd just like to know wether we find it a good idea or not.

Another clarification: touch controls, while fine on current Sonic remasters, are still not good enough for a game like this. I play the remasters on my Nvidia Shield with my 8bitdo controllers and THAT is a neat experience.

So the question would actually be: would you like to play Sonic Mania on your phone or tablet of choice with a proper controller?

I really hope they port it to Android. I enjoy playing Sonic 1, 2 and CD remasters on my tablet while on a trip, and being able to play Mania would rock.

However, I think that if they port it, they'll wait for at least a year to boost PC and consoles sales. A mobile port would make sense, profit-wise, when profits start to go down on current platforms.

57 minutes ago, molul said:

Can't find an "add poll" option, so I guess it will have to be a normal topic :)

Title is self-explanatory: would you like to play Mania on Android or iOS? This has nothing to do with "I want Sonic 3 Remaster" (which I do) or "I want Sonic 1 and 2 remasters to come to PC and consoles" (which I don't really need, but I would support it as well). I'd just like to know wether we find it a good idea or not.

Another clarification: touch controls, while fine on current Sonic remasters, are still not good enough for a game like this. I play the remasters on my Nvidia Shield with my 8bitdo controllers and THAT is a neat experience.

So the question would actually be: would you like to play Sonic Mania on your phone or tablet of choice with a proper controller?

I really hope they port it to Android. I enjoy playing Sonic 1, 2 and CD remasters on my tablet while on a trip, and being able to play Mania would rock.

However, I think that if they port it, they'll wait for at least a year to boost PC and consoles sales. A mobile port would make sense, profit-wise, when profits start to go down on current platforms.

I believe that few things would be unnecessary in mobile port, like multiplayer Mean Bean Machine or Competition Mode. With that in mind, I expect Mania for Android to be sold for about a third of the console/PC versions in a year or two.

Actually, I'd like to play the competitive modes as well on Android. I'd just need another controller, which I have. They only need to warn that 2 players mode needs physical controllers.

About the price, 8-10€ seems fair to me if it's launched in a year. I mean, this is not the typical mobile game you get for free or for 3€.

I would like it on mobile, though I'd rather have console/PC ports of Sonic 1 and 2 first (and perhaps an updated version of CD that adds more polish to it such as a level select for completed files, Knuckles, and Tails following Sonic). I hope that just because Iizuka suggested something other than Taxman's original pitch for Sonic Mania, doesn't mean that console ports for the remastered versions will never happen now

• Thumbs Up 2

I would like to have to punch in the face of the guys of my school that say that Sonic is bad even didn't played any Sonic Game. And play when I've nothing to do in the school, otherwise, I've it on my Notebook, so I don't have any other reasons to play in my Android Cellphone.

• 2 months later...

I rather have it on a qwerty sideways flip phone but sadly those are extinct. I do not really care much for mobile games but if they can do it then sure go ahead and make it happen. Just beware of the ads they might have constantly.

On 9/11/2017 at 5:55 AM, TailsTellsTales said:

I rather have it on a qwerty sideways flip phone but sadly those are extinct. I do not really care much for mobile games but if they can do it then sure go ahead and make it happen. Just beware of the ads they might have constantly.

Ads? I've seen no ads in Sonic 1, 2 and CD remasters for mobile.

Is it? This happened to Sonic 1 on Android, with the Sega Forever thing, but not Sonic CD (which is still not part of Sega Forever). 

I had Sonic 1 for Android before Sega Forever, so I didn't pay to remove ads, but to actually play the game. Anyway, either paying to remove ads or to play the game results in the same: if you pay (a normal habit if you're into gaming) you play a game without ads.

BTW, on this topic I would imply that I want Sonic Mania to come to Android the same as in any other system: I pay, I play. No ads, no other unwanted stuff. Just play the game in my tablet or phone, with a bluetooth controller.