Awoo.

New Sonic Forces Promotional Art Revealed

Zippo

5 minutes ago, Zippo said:

If that's the case, then I wonder if the enormously positive reception of Tails and Knuckles' long awaited return of being playable in Mania had an effect Sonic Team. We know they really liked the drop dash and added it to Forces, so anything is possible.

Additionally, the avatars are just Modern Sonic without the boost and homing attack. They even all have different abilities. Tails and Knuckles wouldn't be that different, at all.

Yeah, that what I think.

Maybe when Mania turned into a sister game to Forces, they wanted to make it add things that fans seem to like about Mania. Is something Sonic Team would do.

• Chuckle 1

11 hours ago, PanicPuppet388 said:

Ugh, still need a Switch!

But this reminds me of how off the case design looks. They should've put the Switch logo in a more rounded shape with the red bordering the top like Wii or Wii U, instead of plastering a square in the corner.

You have all this awkward empty space and it kind of just looks like an eyesore on the actual cover art.

Good lord, I didn't see that cover yet, it looks terrible. That explosion behind the logo looks like... Pizza.

11 minutes ago, Jango said:

Good lord, I didn't see that cover yet, it looks terrible. That explosion behind the logo looks like... Pizza.

This is the actual boxart:

91xEohklAsL._SL1500_.jpgSONICFNS.jpg

The Avatar's Wispon still looks awkwardly cut off, but otherwise it's fine. The triple-cheese pizza actually comes from an old fan-made edit of the poster art to fit the Switch case dimensions.

Just posting it here so it's easier to make a direct comparison. Wow yup it looks awful.

Z0bpevyjidsSJnZlGpMqMOPQE4xROBLU-82kbC5y

I don't mind them trying to make everyone on the cover art look serious. But what the hell is Modern Sonic doing with his face? 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Jango said:

Thank God. But these OCs man. And WTF is Classic even doing? 

Trying to tip-toe out of this car crash of a game without anyone noticing.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 5

2 hours ago, Jango said:

Also, where's Shadow, Chaos and Zavok?

Left out thanks to CORPORATE SYNERGY! Odds are Shadow and Chaos are on the back, but Zavok will likely ride the short bus due to his game's flop.

I have a feeling that only Metal Sonic is a real Eggman's ally, and Shadow, Chaos and Zavok are mere illusions created by Infinite. The real Shadow will eventually show up at some point granted.

As little as I'm hyped for Forces...

I do have to admit that Eggman Empire logo is pretty great. I'd love to have that on its own shirt, without the Resistance logo. (I'm sure unofficial Redbubble versions of it will pop up in time.)

10 minutes ago, Jango said:

I have a feeling that only Metal Sonic is a real Eggman's ally, and Shadow, Chaos and Zavok are mere illusions created by Infinite. The real Shadow will eventually show up at some point granted.

That's the most discussed theory, but I prefer the one from SEGA Scourge which says Infinite simply overwrote reality and now they are on Eggman's side, while the glitches mean Infinite is powering them up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, this is probably my favorite box art of the whole series. We can nitpick Sonic's lower jaw and things like that, but the image itself is just immediately eye-catching, especially in today's dogshit boxart landscape. Guaranteed to sell some extra copies. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

15 hours ago, Frameratesparkle said:

even hub worlds is possible 

Hub worlds are NOT happening.

They have confirmed multiple times that it's not happening.

They have shown off how you select levels multiple times and it's via the main menu. Not through a hub world.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Promotion 1

5 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

They have shown off how you select levels multiple times and it's via the main menu. Not through a hub world.

But they might be lying to keep it a secret. Or they might just have not added it to the game yet and it will be in the final build.

It's just the first level!

Yeah, it's one thing for their marketing team to be vague about hub worlds to announce them later, and another thing entirely for them to lie about confirming them as not existing if they are. Once they start lying a lot of trust in their product falls away (they might also be lying about some of the better features of the game) and/or it would make people think they added hub worlds as an after-thought and rushed things in videogames are seldom good things.

Sorry Frameratesparkle but I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are still clinging onto hope of there being secret hubworlds after they've outright confirmed there are none :(

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

xM9QO.gif

That sounds like something a hub world would say!

Okay but seriously, are we still on this?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 4

9 hours ago, Balding Spider said:

xM9QO.gif

That sounds like something a hub world would say!

Okay but seriously, are we still on this?

I'm glad there's people who want it to happen so much but... selling faith is for the priest. Not the game developer.

Oh well.

21 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I don't mind them trying to make everyone on the cover art look serious. But what the hell is Modern Sonic doing with his face? 

Ikr he doesn't even look angry, he just looks confused more than anything

Do you guys think there's a small possibility that Tails and Knuckles are playable in Forces? You always see both of them along with Modern, Classic, and Avatar in this promotional material and the cover art for the game, so I wonder...

3 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

Do you guys think there's a small possibility that Tails and Knuckles are playable in Forces? You always see both of them along with Modern, Classic, and Avatar in this promotional material and the cover art for the game, so I wonder...

Possible since they're also being promoted with the Sonics and Avatar well more Avatar and Modern Sonic but I digress that'd surprise me at a potential reveal.