Awoo.

Emergency Communication From The Resistance Forces

Sky

It's probably because he's been depicted as dumb as a rock for so long that's it hard to see him as anything but unfortunately. :/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

20 minutes ago, SatAMhog said:

It's probably because he's been depicted as dumb as a rock for so long that's it hard to see him as anything but unfortunately. :/

Well then, all the more reason to flesh him out and remind people that he's not supposed to be stupid outside of Boom.

Though, admittedly, making him head of the resistance does seem a bit much. Outside of setting up traps in 3&K, Knuckles never struck me as the kind of guy to stop and come up with a plan- even his smarter iterations just jump into fights and rely on instinct and rolling with punches. (Heh) I could see him as head of training or a general, but not the head honcho.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

It kind of feels like they're just making Knuckles the Resistance "leader" because the "leader" is going to be a character that is supposed to have a lot of relevance and importance to the plot... and they didn't want that to be someone other than someone in the "Primary Colors Gang". So they just kind of gave it to Knuckles because they seem to have other plans for Tails.

Realistically, I feel it would make more sense for it to have been either Amy or Vector based on what was heard within the dialogue we've gotten so far. However, if I had to choose, I wouldn't have made anyone the official "leader" at all. I'd have just made everyone an equal.

Knuckles isn't the kind of character, written correctly or not, to be a leader to me. Maybe they'll find some way to make it work (doubtful) but on the surface it's very off. And no, this isn't something that was necessary in order for his character to regain some of that serious edge to him that he's lost. That existed just fine without him leading the charge on anything. His character was definitely still more of a "Do it myself" kind of guy. Like Sonic only a bit more extreme since he doesn't have a sidekick.

That said, I'm not upset about it. It's not really worth being upset about really.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, superman43 said:

That might be the reason.

(Mania spoilers)

Hide contents

After looking on YouTube, the "Love Tester" proposed for Studiopolis Act 2 in Mania appears to be fully functionable. It shows that when playing as Knuckles getting Eggman symbol awards Knuckles with points (for Sonic it does when Amy shows as the other character, for Tails when paired with Sonic).

Now THAT's why he wasn't one of the band of foes Infinite set up!

7 hours ago, Diogenes said:

When? He's supposed to guard the Master Emerald but he let it get stolen in 3&K, smashed in SA, and both in SA2, and that was before he was supposedly flanderized.

On top of being a bit dim he's also a hothead and a loner. I struggle to think of any trait he's got that would make him a good leader.

He's hard as nails.

• Chuckle 1

3 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Ya'll throwing so much shade on Knuckles, goddamn lol.

tumblr_ojt9moUmW91s9fn3ko1_500.gif

It's been a long time coming.

twenty-three gotdamn years coming

This whole thing just makes me believe that Knuckles only thinks he's the leader, probably because he said so. That would fit in line with his dialogue from Generations and Lost World of being a braggart.

Naturally, nobody would take him seriously. He'll, everyone will probably end up deferring to Sonic and/Or Tails anyway, much to his chagrin.

7 hours ago, Jeffhog said:

tumblr_ojt9moUmW91s9fn3ko1_500.gif

It's been a long time coming.

twenty-three gotdamn years coming

If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have found out how awesome hydrocity zone was.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 3

I understand that Knuckles as we know him might not make for a good leader... But where's the fun in a perfectly competent leader?

I see this as a perfect opportunity for giving Knux a long-awaited meaty, near-protagonist role while still playing him for laughs sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 3

The is great. It looks like Knuckles is playing a role similar to Future Trunks in Xenoverse.

2 hours ago, Joseph Henry said:

also please tell me Knuckles will say "egg bastard" in the English version.

I know you're joking, but in a fanbase where people freak out about the word "damn", I can never see this happening. lmao

• Thumbs Up 2

I've read the translation and Eggman indeed wants to become king of the planet. I have to say the japanese know how to write characters like Sonic, Eggman and Knuckles.

Eggman provides 3 meals a day, nap time and a cell in the underground prison  warm and clean dormitory.

Resistance (according to Nakamura jokingly ) provides a meal for 5990 yen (approximately 54 dollars) + Resistance tax, no holidays and a promotion if you work hard enough.

*quietly joins Eggman's army*

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 3

The three meals a day, nap and "warm and clean dormitory" made me laugh. Looks like they got Eggman's character down to a tee, again! 

This is too good! Why we aren't getting this in English?

That pretty much confirms that Eggman is the same as always.

And that he IS really convincing people to join his side. (Heck, I would join him)

That's amazing!