Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

3 hours ago, StratusAsterion said:

While I have no problem with Cream, the 2 images don't line up at all

DWOJ1dAW0AARgeF.jpglatest?cb=20180222135959

So ho was anyone supposed to guess this -_-

I can see some elements that correlate with Cream and Cheese, even if it still looks weird.

My guess is that they tried to use an original render with Cream (like the official Forces cast got for this game), but either it didn't pan out or SEGA told them not to, so them they used the stock image. What's interesting is that Blaze used the stock image in the silhouette too, so maybe Blaze was actually supposed to be later but ended up first due to popularity. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I'm fairly certain that something went amiss, and the distorted silhouette is actually Boom Sonic.

giphy.gif

It matches up pretty well, even given the distortion effect. I guess that whoever put the image out goofed and selected Boom Sonic instead of Cream, either because he's also coming in the future or because they just wanted to pick a random silhouette.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm happy they added Cream. It felt like SEGA wanted her gone, so it was a nice surprise to see this.

this reminds me of some dumbass theory that the reason why you rarely see blaze and cream is because dimps owns them

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Nate V said:

this reminds me of some dumbass theory that the reason why you rarely see blaze and cream is because dimps owns them

Really?

10 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Really?

there was another theory that amy was an echidna because

• her fur was a pink, which is a shade of red
  • her hair looked like echidna dreadlocks

the guy who made that theory didn't bother to check if echidnas had ears and shaved their arms

• Chuckle 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2018 at 10:33 AM, Blue Blood said:

I'm fairly certain that something went amiss, and the distorted silhouette is actually Boom Sonic.

giphy.gif

It matches up pretty well, even given the distortion effect. I guess that whoever put the image out goofed and selected Boom Sonic instead of Cream, either because he's also coming in the future or because they just wanted to pick a random silhouette.

I suppose either he’s coming later, he was going to be in but SEGA vetoed it, or it was just a joke about how (it’s speculated that) Boom Sonic was originally going to show up. Or, it could have just been an accident.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The new update came out today, so we're now on version 1.6.0.

-Mystic Forest tracks have been added. 

-New mission mode is active. Instead of just having the star runner thing, there's a variety of missions to complete per day. 

-Bug fixes and other corrections. For one, I've noticed they've fixed the camera in loops so you can actually move your character through it properly. 

On 9/13/2017 at 2:03 AM, KHCast said:

I'm totally expecting Classic and Buddy to be some pay-to-win bonus characters 

No pay to win here,  but Classic is here.  Have played the game just now. Although,  lag can fvck ya up some... 

On 4/1/2018 at 5:45 AM, Jack the Maniac said:

My new main!

I wonder what will happen if Aaron got in as a real character? 

• Nice Smile 1

lol Cream spawns flowers with the chao tornado attack now :D

Anyway, they changed the position of some courses, Red Gate Bay is now a level 6 course while Desert Falls is now level 5; I don't know about other courses.

With the new update, leveling up rare characters became a bit easier (because most daily missions give you rare cards), while very rare characters are probably in the same situation as before if not worse.

What I don't like about the new mission system is that it before was refreshed with the beginning of the day (when the daily chests were resetted), now they are refreshed 24 hours after you complete them, so if you play every day, you will slowly delay the mission each time until it will overlap with some real life thing (sleep, work, school, stuff) and you are forced to delay it for a day or many hours; also you don't have any way tho know if the daily chests are refreshed or not since at the beginning of the day nothing happens anymore (since you may be in a different time zone than the one of the game, the beginning of the day may be in a random time during the day and not at midnight).

EDIT: ^^^ it's not 24 hours after you do it, I don't know how it works yet but it's not that. Also, it's possible to understand when the day changes by watching the shop, when the character featured in the shop changes, it means it's a new day. There's also a countdown. I noticed this just now.

You can double the reward for the daily mission, though on my phone some advertising make the app crash, and this means that there is a possibility that I will lose the double bonus even if I watch the ad (it didn't happen yet but I'm sure it will).

Compared to the previous mission system (star runner), this will give you a good amount of cards; probably with the star runner thing (it allowed to multiply *4 the reward of a race) it was possible to get more cards assuming that you would get always first place (probably impossible or almost, depending on your level and stuff), but it was also possible to win a lot less, now you win a fixed amount of cards regardless of your performance and that's fine.

With the new camera in loops, you can finally see the traps other players will place.

------------------------------

I have been playing this game since some weeks now, about a month I think, more or less, and I can say that it's not as fair as it looked at first. The game will let you gain many points, then, at a certain point, it decides that you must lose, so it starts giving you the least useful power-up (you are last, instead of giving you the speed power up it gives you the 2 offensive ones first, when enemies are too far and can't be hit anyway), give you a bigger penalty when you are hit, make the opponents run faster, and spawn more obstacles than what the actual players do (a couple of times I was 4th and a fireball hit me from behind, I was last), other than the fact that it mostly choses players with lower score than yours so that you can lose more points from your 4th place.

There have been opposite cases as well, where I got first place without absolutely deserving it! I was playing very bad, going into walls and stuff, still, I got a lot of good power ups (I mean, the most useful depending on the situation I was) and the other players just stopped near the end only to let me win.

So, while the game is fun and the concept has potential, it's still a big illusion, where the skills of the player has little impact and the outcome of a race is mostly decided by the game and the level of the player/character.

I still suggest it (as long as you are fine with ads), though I suggest you to not take it too much seriously, it's a game made to motivate the player to buy stuff with real money, not to provide an actual fair gameplay experience and good multiplayer. This said, I watched a lot of ads, but I haven't spent any real money in the game and I'm not planning to do it. Anyway, I appreciate that you have access to all the content without paying, even if you may be a little slower at leveling up stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very sorry to do a double post, really, but I don't know where else to write this, and I didn't want to open a new thread only for this.

While I was playing this game, I found Froggy! At the end of a Sky Sanctuary race, there was Froggy jumping around near the goal.

This may just be an easter egg, but it may also be a teaser hinting that Big the Cat is going to join the roster soon!

I tried to take a screenshot but my phone is slow, and It changed screen before taking the picture.

Sorry again for the double post :(, I thought it would have been nice to share this finding (and nobody would have read it if I edited my previous post instead); I hope you forgive me.

EDIT: Here we go!

Froggy!!!.thumb.png.82c368227230f062ead3e9aa8528fd21.png

Name censored because I don't know if I'm supposed to post other player's nicknames here (in doubt, I took the safest road).

Edited by Iko
FROGGY!!!!
  • Fist Bump 1

37 minutes ago, Iko said:

I'm very sorry to do a double post, really, but I don't know where else to write this, and I didn't want to open a new thread only for this.

While I was playing this game, I found Froggy! At the end of a Sky Sanctuary race, there was Froggy jumping around near the goal.

This may just be an easter egg, but it may also be a teaser hinting that Big the Cat is going to join the roster soon!

I tried to take a screenshot but my phone is slow, and It changed screen before taking the picture.

Sorry again for the double post :(, I thought it would have been nice to share this finding (and nobody would have read it if I edited my previous post instead); I hope you forgive me.

If he ends up getting in, this may mean we’ll get Jet as well, to re-unite the whole Generations bunch. Or maybe Aaron will be a real character, right...?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/2/2018 at 11:10 AM, Iko said:

EDIT: Here we go!

Froggy!!!.thumb.png.82c368227230f062ead3e9aa8528fd21.png

Name censored because I don't know if I'm supposed to post other player's nicknames here (in doubt, I took the safest road).

Adding to this, I saw him hopping around in Partched Palms too.

24 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

New character being added:

Oh it's a windy and sunny day! (except it isn't in that video)

Can't wait to unlock that boi in 2 months or so with how stingy-ish rare and super-rare cards are

3 hours ago, Bobnik said:

Oh it's a windy and sunny day! (except it isn't in that video)

Can't wait to unlock that boi in 2 months or so with how stingy-ish rare and super-rare cards are

So we were right. I also expect Sticks due to her existing assets in Dash 2 and Jet to re-unite the Generations cast. 

I'll never understand how Big continues to remain relevant enough to nab roster slots. That cats got nine lives and then some.

32 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I'll never understand how Big continues to remain relevant enough to nab roster slots. That cats got nine lives and then some.

He's not. 

There are folks on the staff that just like him. That's literally it. Capcom Does this with their fighters, they always have characters people don't like, but they like. They just make sure they keep it to a minimum. Its usually weirdos

• Fist Bump 1

Big is a meme character at this point, but that does mean he's a certain degree of popular. It's why he was in Lego Dimensions and is used so much by the social media team.

• Fist Bump 1

Yeah, he's pretty much there for the meme factor in spin-offs, if not otherwise one of the cast brought out for mass character events like Nega. Outside of his minor role in Colours DS, he hasn't appeared in any main story (you can  retort with how the other characters aren't utilised much, but they still have Generations and Forces), so what Balough said about his character being retired isn't actually too off the mark in retrospect. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd even go as far as to say Big is far more infamous than he is popular.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1