Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

Oh, boy, Big the Cat is back.

Next you're gonna tell me that they're bringing Ray and Mighty ba- Oh, wait.

Today’s update seems to be stuck in limbo. I updated it from the game and left it doing its thing. Now the app store says its updated (icon has changed to ‘open’) but every time I try open it the game tells me I need to update it. I assume that deleting the app will delete all my progress soooooo guess I’ll have to wait for the next update or something before I can play again :/

1 hour ago, caitash said:

Today’s update seems to be stuck in limbo. I updated it from the game and left it doing its thing. Now the app store says its updated (icon has changed to ‘open’) but every time I try open it the game tells me I need to update it. I assume that deleting the app will delete all my progress soooooo guess I’ll have to wait for the next update or something before I can play again :/

It happend to me once, too.

After a while, it said the servers were down, and after the downtime it allowed me to update again. I hope you will be able to update it too... The only way to keep the saves is connecting it to Google Play, though I haven't done it. And even if it's linked to Google Play, I'm not sure it will keep your saves if you reinstall it, because it may give you a different player ID (there is a connect device functionality to share the save on several devices, though  it requires Google Play on both phones and a way to access the game).

----------

I love how characters that people usually hate are getting more love than the most recurring cast! Cream and Big got unique items based on the character, while most of the other ones have generic elemental items. I like Cream and Big so I have no issue with this, it's just that I find it funny.

And, by the way, I already said this but, this game is extremely unfair. There isn't an half way, the game makes you lose everything bullying you in every possible way and cheating, or it will make you win with absolutely no effort, still cheating; even when I win I often get no satisfaction, because it feels like I won because the game made me win (I still failed to understand what triggers the WIN WIN mode and the YOU MUST LOSE mode, probably the first place rate or the amount of chests and character cards collected - type may make a difference).

Characters teleporting back or in front of me, opponents ignoring the collisions of my attacks (and occasionally the other way, I ignore collisions of other stuff), positions changed after the goal (once I was 2nd and the score screen said 4th, it removed me something like 24 points), attacks coming out of nowhere, input ignored or misread, etc...

It's a shame because the concept is so cool, the gameplay is fun, but it's very unfair. By the way, I'm still climbing the chart, I'm in the top 15 in my country and today I was 10th for a while (still in my country), it's not me being noob.

41 minutes ago, Iko said:

It happend to me once, too.

After a while, it said the servers were down, and after the downtime it allowed me to update again. I hope you will be able to update it too... The only way to keep the saves is connecting it to Google Play, though I haven't done it. And even if it's linked to Google Play, I'm not sure it will keep your saves if you reinstall it, because it may give you a different player ID (there is a connect device functionality to share the save on several devices, though  it requires Google Play on both phones and a way to access the game).

Thanks Iko - I’m on iPhone so I don’t think the Google Play account method will work. I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed that it fixes itself somehow or as I say wait for the next update if all else fails!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 10:32 PM, caitash said:

Thanks Iko - I’m on iPhone so I don’t think the Google Play account method will work. I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed that it fixes itself somehow or as I say wait for the next update if all else fails!

An update came out yesterday, the game is now at version 2.0.0

They improved the game a lot! Now it's way less frustrating!!!

If you are level 12 or above (probably level 11 also), you can reach the final set of tracks easily enough (I did it this morning, 3.000 trophies); there are new levels but they don't add any new track, so it's pointless to reach them unless you are playing for the chart or you want to grind faster.

The game is still unfair, you can find lower levels that are faster than you, or the game sends you against an obstacle ignoring your input, though it's way less frustrating now because now you lose way less points than before, and even if you lose a race or two you will still gain more than what you lose.

Things may change after 3.000 points, but as I said, that's only for the most competitive players and there is no reason to become crazy about that if you just want to unlock all the characters and try all the tracks, like me.

Also, all the old tracks have been modified to be more fair and to intensify the amount of action... so more rings, more power ups, better placed obstacles.

The game is better in every possible way! (but it still crashes -.-)

EDIT: Oh well, I forgot, they introduced the seasons, at the end of each season, your trophies are (probably) resetted but you can get a special chest that's better the more trophies you got during the season. There is a certain amount of points you need to access the season, probably if you stay below that amount, your trophies won't be resetted, but you won't get any reward either. This is good because all those inactive players stuck at 3.000 will be removed from the chart... the current season will end in 48 minutes from now so I'm not sure about what will actually happen, that's only what I speculated, the game is not clear though... we'll see.

EDIT2: The season started and trophies aren't resetted, it asked me to win 3 races to access the season's prizes... I'm confused but it seems that trophies won't be resetted.

• 1 month later...

Just saw the latest update about the new Sky Sanctuary track. Take a close look at the video. 

Something green, and something too small and fast to be Vector. Needless to say, you may have to watch it like a hawk... 

Failing that, have a look at this:

sketch-1530657900628.png

• Fist Bump 1

56 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

That would be unexpected.

At least they finish the Generations cast with it. Now all we need is Sticks.

3 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

watch it like a hawk

A hawk you say? 

JET CONFIRMED??

5 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

At least they finish the Generations cast with it. Now all we need is Sticks.

Speak for yourself. If fatso like Big or Zavok are allowed, then I want Eggman. (And maybe Infnite. Come people, that's one game he should be in).

Hey there. Might as well check out what kinda stuff's been going down in the last four pages.

On 2/17/2018 at 2:04 PM, Drifting Jack said:

Looks like you got it right, folks! The prophecy about Boom!Sonic being in Forces is about to come true after all.

Huh. Looks like Shade.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:41 AM, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Okay now I realised in game that Blaze HAS the fire boost all along. Not a fireball attack.

As it should be.

On 2/22/2018 at 9:29 AM, StratusAsterion said:

While I have no problem with Cream, the 2 images don't line up at all

DWOJ1dAW0AARgeF.jpglatest?cb=20180222135959

So ho was anyone supposed to guess this -_-

Trololo-lolo-lololo-lololoThat is hilarious.

On 2/22/2018 at 4:25 PM, Sgt Nate V said:

this reminds me of some dumbass theory that the reason why you rarely see blaze and cream is because dimps owns them

...Huh.

On 2/22/2018 at 4:39 PM, Sgt Nate V said:

there was another theory that amy was an echidna because

• her fur was a pink, which is a shade of red
  • her hair looked like echidna dreadlocks

the guy who made that theory didn't bother to check if echidnas had ears and shaved their arms

You know, there is technically a very loose correlation there, but with or without it, I can see how the uninformed might think that.

On 3/4/2018 at 10:38 AM, RedFox99 said:

This makes me happy.

Da best anime.

Who's Magnolia, tho?

On 7/3/2018 at 6:45 PM, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Just saw the latest update about the new Sky Sanctuary track. Take a close look at the video. 

Something green, and something too small and fast to be Vector. Needless to say, you may have to watch it like a hawk... 

Failing that, have a look at this:

sketch-1530657900628.png

He'll rattle your nest.

Dang, even he's(and perhaps Wave and even Storm later) gettin. I love that there are games like this out there nowadays.

Here's the feathered prick himself:

I'm happy this game's still thriving, but I was hoping we'd seen the last of this asshat.

• Chuckle 2

18 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Here's the feathered prick himself:

I'm happy this game's still thriving, but I was hoping we'd seen the last of this asshat.

Didn't he actually chill out a bit in Free Riders?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Da best anime.

Who's Magnolia, tho?

It's a different color that's similar to the color  cream.

• Fist Bump 1

• 3 weeks later...

Jet is broken as hell. His projectile, the Bashosen, leaves a long trail behind it that causes just as much damage as the fan itself, and it doesn't disappear if it hits anything except for the goal. Jet can basically lock a lane of his choosing out of play for a few seconds - or, once he's upgraded enough, two or even three lanes! He's probably the best character in the game, so it's perplexing that he's only Rare instead of Super Rare. I have a feeling he's going to get nerfed hard when the next patch arrives.

Speaking of which, a new article appeared in the in-game News section. Seems Zazz will be joining the game soon, alongside a new Mystic Jungle track called Dash Vegas. Screenshot and transcript inside the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Coming soon!
Lose yourself in the glamor...

hieVWX4.jpg

Viva Dash Vegas

Lose yourself in the glamor of the fourth Mystic Jungle track, Dash Vegas!

Dash Vegas will unlock when you reach Tier 7.

Hope you're ready for the next update - it's nearly beatdown time!

15 hours ago, A_W said:

Jet is broken as hell. His projectile, the Bashosen, leaves a long trail behind it that causes just as much damage as the fan itself, and it doesn't disappear if it hits anything except for the goal. Jet can basically lock a lane of his choosing out of play for a few seconds - or, once he's upgraded enough, two or even three lanes! He's probably the best character in the game, so it's perplexing that he's only Rare instead of Super Rare. I have a feeling he's going to get nerfed hard when the next patch arrives.

Speaking of which, a new article appeared in the in-game News section. Seems Zazz will be joining the game soon, alongside a new Mystic Jungle track called Dash Vegas. Screenshot and transcript inside the spoiler tag.

Hide contents

Coming soon!
Lose yourself in the glamor...

hieVWX4.jpg

Viva Dash Vegas

Lose yourself in the glamor of the fourth Mystic Jungle track, Dash Vegas!

Dash Vegas will unlock when you reach Tier 7.

Hope you're ready for the next update - it's nearly beatdown time!

Humph,  joke's on them,  I'm tier 8 now. 

They finally nerfed Jet a bit...

I just unlocked Zazz too.

The second season just ended now and I'm still in the prestigue chart! I think I have lost some positions, since I was 58th at the end of Season 1 and now I was 104th in the world chart (I think, can't remember and I didn't pay much attention to it); currently I'm about 30th in the prestigue chart, but people are added as they open their reward chest, so the value will change soon.

I would have been closer to the top if the game didn't curse me on a regular bias, making me unable to gain trophy points for 3 days each time I touched the world chart (when at the same time, some people reach 6000 just in the first week); also it lags hard and makes my phone as hot as lava occasionally, and when this happens, winning becomes a lot harder (maybe my phone is too old for this game).

Anyway, I wonder what character they will add next... since they are adding a load of characters, it would be nice if they complete both the Deadly 6 and the Babylon Rogues teams; also Infinite is missing, but I'm sure they are waiting for a big update to add him. Mighty and Ray would also be welcome, though since they don't have a 3D render, I doubt they will be added... I would love G-merl in the game as well, though I'm sure it won't happen too.

Regardless, I still hate this game, I only play it because there are some characters I like in it. I also hate that you can't opt-out from personalized advertising, I just hate that thing.

All things considered, I guess we can expect

Sticks, Wave, Storm and Infinite

Eggman would also be hilarious.

who knows, maybe they could go the Runners Route and bring back Tikal and the Werehog, and at this point guests like NiGHTS  and a little extra like Tails Doll shouldn’t be that hard to implement.

we’ll see!

16 out of the 20 characters from Rio are now playable, just leaving Sticks, Eggman, Nega, and Wave. Not counting alternate costumes and forms, the remaining cast from Runners includes Tikal, Sticks again, Mephiles, and the Werehog if you don't count that as equivalent to Goth Amy and ESP Silver. The only character in Speed Battle so far that wasn't playable in either is Chaos, who obviously was included because of the connection to Forces. I didn't expect to see Zazz honestly so I have no idea how likely we are to see any of the above or otherwise. Pretty cool to see how many have shown up though.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Speed Battle's whole thing is that everyone is an illusion, so I guess they decided they had free reign to go all out. 

• Nice Smile 1