Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

Can't really put my finger on it, but something seems off about that Tails render. 

Omega looks cool. The others are fine, I guess.

Quick question since gameplay footage with audio is scarce... what's the music for Sky Sanctuary?  If it reuses Generations music then I'd guess it's just here for the sake of re-using assets without spoiling Forces stages.  If it has new music then that pretty much confirms it for Forces proper.

Or does gameplay always play that instrumental Fist Bump regardless of stage?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Can't really put my finger on it, but something seems off about that Tails render.

IMG_6169.thumb.PNG.76dce0528155aec3b7e8548568134ff4.PNG

3 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Quick question since gameplay footage with audio is scarce... what's the music for Sky Sanctuary?  If it's an existing version of the song that'd suggest it's NOT in the full Forces game after all to me.

Or does gameplay always play that instrumental Fist Bump regardless of stage?

Always Fist Bump.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 6

So Sky Sanctuary is in Forces then?

Maybe my opinion on this will change once we see it, but I'm pretty sure that this isn't about nostalgia. They want to reuse assets from Generations. Watch, the other returning stages will be from Generations or Unleashed. 

11 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Well, I don´t know why but the render of Tails with the warning finger sounds me like (Metal Sonic disguised as) Eggman´s "Don´t get too excited boys. Those were the easy ones." from Heroes in an opposite way. Or "This is only the beginning" :D 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Watch, the other returning stages will be from Generations or Unleashed. 

Be neat if they used some Colors zones somehow that's not Planet Wisp again. A re-imagined starlight carnival zone would be pretty sweet.

1 hour ago, LukA8 said:

Get your free renders today, everybody! Hopefully Sega releases them in a higher resolution, since all of those characters here were snubbed in Generations.

DJjRV3bXgAAv2vh.thumb.jpg.27511630c6a4535674dba508c68ee8dd.jpg

Jeez Charmy, what are you trying to tell us?

Disappointed there are no character-specific power-ups/abilities after all. That was handled better in Jump Fever and Dash Boom.

One may notice Silver and Chaos are not there. Meaning we may get Blaze, Tikal, and more in a second batch. And heck, the Motobug is recycled from SLW instead of using the new design. 

At least we're getting playable Tails/Knuckles/etc. in Forces now right guys

I'd rather have a mobile version of Mania instead of this.

• Thumbs Up 1

This looks ok, I enjoyed Dash when it came out. It's an ok time killer when you're on a short train ride and you don't have a dedicated handheld with you.

Might try it when it comes to Android/ If it runs on my phone. Not too fond of the music though, that grating synth is back once again.

Why does Amy always get such goofy animations in these mobile games? In Sonic Dash, she ran like a drunk penguin, and now she's running like she's dancing with jazz hands, lol.

When the heck is this and the new Runners game getting an official release anyways? I can't believe there aren't any release dates yet.

I do like the new 3d renders, but I kind of agree that Tails's  looks a bit strange. It's like he's trying to say "listen here, you little punks!"

Spoiler

If the Phantom Ruby in this/Forces is a prototype, does the completed version get sent to Mania thus creating the sudden dimensional breach?

Wish I had an iPhone as I still haven't played Runners Adventure yet either.

I'd love to think that renders mean that the other characters will play a part in the plot, but given Knuckles and Amy got renders for Lost World I'm still not holding my breath. Love to be proved wrong though.

Silver and Metal Sonic at least should be obvious for something like this if not also Classic and Gizmo the Wolf at the very least, so hopefully we do get more characters later (I'll be very surprised to not see Blaze; Tikal, Sticks, and Cream would be neat, Chaos and the Deadly Six would be cool but I'm not expecting them, Big or we riot; it'd be nice for the rogues to finally appear in a mainstream game).

The fact we're getting Sky Sanctuary sucks though. I love the stage, but dang it I want new stages and SS got both Generations and All-Stars Racing Transformed.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Sky Sanctuary in Forces is just Generations' Sky Sanctuary again? Nothing new? No twist? Not even something basic like a stormy weather backdrop?

For now I'll just chalk up the lack of changes being due to its inclusion in a basic mobile app, but at this point I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's truly all there is to it in the actual game.

5 hours ago, A_W said:

392x696bb.jpg

That face is legitimately unsettling.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

I'd love to think that renders mean that the other characters will play a part in the plot, but given Knuckles and Amy got renders for Lost World I'm still not holding my breath. Love to be proved wrong though.

Silver and Metal Sonic at least should be obvious for something like this if not also Classic and Gizmo the Wolf at the very least, so hopefully we do get more characters later (I'll be very surprised to not see Blaze; Tikal, Sticks, and Cream would be neat, Chaos and the Deadly Six would be cool but I'm not expecting them, Big or we riot; it'd be nice for the rogues to finally appear in a mainstream game).

The fact we're getting Sky Sanctuary sucks though. I love the stage, but dang it I want new stages and SS got both Generations and All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I don't think Knuckles or Amy's renders were for Lost World, but were just generic renders.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 music tracks from from Speed Battle

The world map one is probably a low-quality version of the one in Forces itself.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

2 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

For next year's April Fools the forums and entire site shall be replaced by just this as a .jpg image.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 2

Good golly gosh. Look at those screenshots of the characters running alongside Sonic in a stage like it were Heroes or Shadow the Hedgehog again. Dare I say, that'd be just the kind of thing I'd like to see happen in a game about coming together to take on the Forces of evil in an epic adventure against an evil tyrant. Something where the entire plot of the game was based around the idea of forming a resistance of some kind.

Gee willikers wouldn't that just be swell?

And why is there so much salt in my underwear all of a sudden?

This looks cool. I want it.

• Chuckle 5

2 hours ago, Clewis said:

So Sky Sanctuary in Forces is just Generations' Sky Sanctuary again? Nothing new? No twist? Not even something basic like a stormy weather backdrop?

For now I'll just chalk up the lack of changes being due to its inclusion in a basic mobile app, but at this point I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's truly all there is to it in the actual game

It would play into the idea that the 1% of the planet that Eggman has yet to conquer would be Angel Island. It could be the only place on the planet that isn't under siege / mechanized.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay. So after looking through everything, I can honestly say that without a doubt I truly do find it a crying cosmic shame that it's vehemently unlikely that the things they do with these mobile games aren't possible to do with the console games as easily. Reality sucks so hard sometimes.

Those renders are great. My disappointment at seeing the characters I wanted new renders of in Generations finally get some more has finally come true and it only took 6 years. I was expecting maybe another decade but I'll take it. Omega looks fucking awesome. I love me those glowing red terminator eyes. Can you imagine how many infants robots were torn apart with those eyes being the last thing they gazed upon before they were sent to their final rest, amidst a bloody oily nightmare? I can.

I also really, REALLY love the fact that the 10 characters I've always advocated for being my main 10 when it comes to playability and representation are the ones in that line up right there. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Vector, Charmy, and Espio. It was the same in Shadow the Hedgehog too (although Cream was technically there as someone you had to find but you couldn't partner up with her).

I like this line-up as my personal go-to default list. I've explained why plenty of times but I can't help but revel in this, even if it is just for a phone game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

It would play into the idea that the 1% of the planet that Eggman has yet to conquer would be Angel Island. It could be the only place on the planet that isn't under siege / mechanized.

That would be a neat idea to play with narrative-wise, but from a visual standpoint it just comes off as a bit cheap.

What exactly have you been doing since 2013, Sonic Team? 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Clewis said:

That would be a neat idea to play with narrative-wise, but from a visual standpoint it just comes off as a bit cheap.

What exactly have you been doing since 2013, Sonic Team? 

Things that never got off the ground, I assume.