Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

I hate to say it, but Vector (and while we're at it Rouge) is not a very good character in this game. I kinda struggle to see the point of his unique bubblegum item(which blocks your use of items until fully popped, but otherwise), invincibility isn't that great when you're constantly getting it without much of a boost to your speed, and the shockingly uncommon fireball is a fireball. I have yet to really do well in a match with him and while he doesn't suck anywhere as bad as Tails or Charmy, it pains me to say that I've mainly played him lately out of stubbornness.

In better news, I finally got the hang of Tikal's choice move after getting hit with it a few times. Thanks to that in contrast to some fairly decent opponents and a more stable connection than usual, I was able to have consistent fun for a bit. And I've just unlocked the Guardian Angel and a day or two prior, I officially breeched the price tag by using the ad option to get He who brings the havoc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So who do you think they'll add next, considering they're currently doing an Egg Pawn attacks Tangle and Whisperthe Resistance event.

On 7/21/2020 at 7:56 AM, Flame Lance said:

Well, I'm glad you've found some success with her. Sadly, I still find her to be very weak, and I've seen people on Reddit, YouTube, and Twitter say a lot of the same things I did. I could very easily be wrong though, as I have seen a few really good Tangle players that rekt me pretty good, but I definitely must say Whisper seems like a more popular runner and IMO is a heck of a lot better. She may be a bit too powerful even, but it's hard to say yet. 

Yeah, I've been seeing more Whispers once she became avaialble, for better or worse.

Clearly Sega noticed because they swapped her in with Tangle as a 5.99 purchase.

Another problem I run into is that the game conveniently loses connection more than it ever has in the past. My internet is not a problem, so I can't figure out why this happens so much. And my last and final pet peeve comes in the way of the victory chests. The game will constantly feed me silver chests whenever I'm opening my gold chests with red rings. But if I choose to slow down on spending my red rings and only time unlock my gold chests, it ever so conveniently starts feeding me gold chest after gold chest. Sometimes 3 in a row! This is a pain because I want to open as many silver chests as possible to get gold rings, but getting so many gold ones that take 8 hours to time unlock prevents me from getting very far at all. I'm honestly convinced the algorithm is designed to do this to players. 

Huh. I've never done that, probably because I'm smarter about money.

I'm all for Hardlight adding new characters to the game, but it is apparent to me that they don't care to maintain the rest of the game or preserve a balanced environment. They just add more overpowered characters to the fold and never offer any quality of life updates anymore. Very frustrating, to say the least. 

That's competitive DLC for ya..

On 7/21/2020 at 10:19 AM, The Famous Sonic said:

I hope this game gets shut down like Sega Heroes and Sonic Runners did. 

Why?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/21/2020 at 10:20 PM, Iko said:

Without any doubt.

Just like some time ago when it was very likely to get 299 cards of a special character when 300 is the requirement to unlock them (it does not seem to happen anymore, or I should say it still happens but less blatantly); and in that time when it was very likely, Twitter and Reddit were filled with screenshots of people with 299 cards claiming to have been unlucky (It happend to me with a few specials too so I can confirm it happend).

Or when you get the "end 3 races with no more than 80 rings" mission and all of a sudden it becomes so hard to not pick up rings even if you place 4th (the game tries hard to force you to get even just 81 rings so you have to do more races, with misread controls and blocking you with ice attacks and more; and often those races are the "cursed" ones where the game almost plays itself and you just watch a cutscene of your character losing in some ridicolously unfair ways).

Or when you get an emerald chest (24 h) and when you unlock it, an "open 12 chests" mission starts so you are stuck for one whole day with it...

And many other disrespectful situation that only exist to convince the players to spend resources/money or play more.

As I said in my other posts, I think that the game is not really multiplayer and the opponents are actually bots. This game is basically an illusion, and not due to it being about the Phantom Ruby; it's literally an illusion. Go to any real multiplayer game with a lobby, and you see that often it's hard to find players to play against (I used to play Smash 4 online and sometimes I had to wait minutes in order to find an opponent, and we're talking of Smash Bros, not some obscure indie game in beta)... while this game always finds you 3 opponents, in a very short time, and at any hour of the day. And it's not just because of that, it's also their behavior in-game that looks and feels fake, and no it's not just the lag.

That tighten your belt mission is straight out of the pits of hell anyway. Having to basically throw away three matches just for some tiny sprinkle of cards just isn't worth it. I often throw that mission in the trash because it's so hard to get no more than 80 rings, and you usually have to hit some obstacles or lose on purpose to do it. I've noticed I also get the open 12 chests mission conveniently right after I've opened all the chests that I can and/or maxed out my daily victory chests. I hate that mission too since it's basically asking you to buy red rings or wait a whole day. 

On the topic of players being bots, I have noticed on some occasions that other players will literally change lanes exactly when I do, and it's so unnatural looking. And of course this happens with Zazz making it far too difficult to avoid his star trail. How that move hasn't been nerfed yet blows my mind. I also find it interesting how the game is able to find players in such a short time span, however I often get lumped with the same players over and over. By the way, are you the guy with the maxed out Spring Cream with the user name <retired> or something like that? If so, you kicked my butt the other day. :lol: 

Right after I complained about balance issues in my last post, Hardlight coughed up a small number of changes, and none the which really seem to address any critical problems. Blaze's fire boost is a little bit faster. That's nice in theory, but it still has the most garbage duration of just about any boost. They nerfed Big's chopper chomp and lilytrap items but of course did nothing to address his broken umbrella boost. They buffed Lantern Silver and Ice Slicer Jet's attack items and yet no one uses those two. It'd be nice they focused on balancing the non-special characters first since they are more commonly used and more accessible to the vast majority of players. Espio, Vector, Rouge, Tails, and Omega are either all terrible or completely outclassed by other characters with similar movesets. Why use Tails when you can use Classic Sonic for instance? Classic is faster and has the no skill required invincibility item. Why use Omega when you can use Metal Sonic? Metal can steal items and has better stats, the same boost and trap. Just... why? 

Edit: And for my final rant of the day, I really hate the new Egg Pawn Assault mission going on right now. There's some weird stipulation that just conveniently makes it impossible to win the gold ring reward. That's bad enough. But they are literally giving the same tiny amount of cards for Tangle and Whisper as in the first two events. Over the course of Tangle's event and Whisper's event, I was able to get both characters up to level 11, thanks in part to the fact that I bought the Tails vault like the sucker that I am. But now we have to essentially split up the tiny dribble of points between both characters and I just don't even have drive to bother when I might get one level up for both at most and that's if I play religiously until the event ends. Giving a minimum of three cards for a rare character is an absolute insult when it takes hundred of points for just one level up. I got Tikal up to about level 13 off of her event simply because it takes way less cards to upgrade a super rare. So instead of just giving more cards to the rare characters, you have to play even more and still come out with less levels than in Tikal's event. I didn't even play Tikal's missions as often as I've been playing the Tangle and Whisper missions. They really should offer a better minimum of cards for these two. Heck, I wold even settle for a five card minimum. This entire event for these two characters has been such a long and drawn out drag. I honestly enjoyed the Tikal event because it wasn't so needlessly long, and felt more rewarding in the long run. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Flame Lance said:

On the topic of players being bots, I have noticed on some occasions that other players will literally change lanes exactly when I do, and it's so unnatural looking. And of course this happens with Zazz making it far too difficult to avoid his star trail. How that move hasn't been nerfed yet blows my mind. I also find it interesting how the game is able to find players in such a short time span, however I often get lumped with the same players over and over. By the way, are you the guy with the maxed out Spring Cream with the user name <retired> or something like that? If so, you kicked my butt the other day. :lol:

In fact, sometimes they change the lane exactly when you do and steal all your rings and items. There is a bit of input lag from when you slide your finger on the screen and when the character actually changes lane, so the game has the time to calculate where to move your opponent and it can do it perfectly at the same time as your movement. They chase you even if you go to the slower route, just to steal your stuff (or hit with rear attacks in case of Zazz and recently Whisper as well). As a human player it's almost impossible to figure out where the other player behind you are, even if there are those arrows.

Not just that; if the opponents are behind you and want to steal your rings, they temporarily gain a small speed boosts (not the item, they just run faster) and place in front of you, to steal your rings. Or, when you play as Cream (both versions), when they overtake you they instantly go out of reach from the chao attack... the chao won't be launched until the opponents are at the precise distance where the chao can't hit them (even if you tap, it will start later or not start at all).

Yes, I'm that <retired> player. I changed the name to that one because I actually retired myself from the game time ago, but when I went back to playing, changing names would cost 100 red star rings and I'd rather spend them into opening chests. Though the name may still be fitting in the near future. (EDIT: probably you have met my bot :grinning:)

I play as Spring Cream because sometimes it's the only character with who I can actually do something... any other character becomes totally useless near the end of the season (yesterday I level 16'd Chaos and I used it in a race... 4th place, the boost was as fast as no boost at all, and all my attacks inflicted no damage to the opponents, who were faster than me boost or not, as if I was level 1). I honestly like regular Cream more, but they nerfed her a lot, she became really useless; the flower trap fails a lot (you hear the sound of the hit but nothing happens) and most of the times it spawns on the near lane instead of in front of the opponent. There are other characters that I like but I play as Cream most of the times because I like the attacks/boost... but still they nerfed her a lot.

P.S.: when I play as Spring Cream, most of the races happen to be on the jungle levels, because the half pipe sections prevent me from using the trap attack since I would hit myself. opponent Spring Creams usually use it regardless, and they also go through the trap with no damage as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't played in a while sadly, but they had an event to get the Chinese New Year & Easter costumes and now have an event where you can get Tikal and Chaos if you haven't already. I think I unlocked Zazz last time I played.

Btw, my chest screen glitched out to where it was layered all over the screen as I got the prizes before crashing.like those screens in movies where a villain broadcast themselves across multiple screens.

What are the odds that we get Lancelot, Percival, and Galahad at some point? At this point I expect every alternate costume to be playable.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

*blares "With Me" at full volume*

They are kinda running low on characters, aren't they?

Did Black Knight come out around this time or something?

I swear to Light Gaia, if we don't get the Werehog as a playable... 

Seriously though, this is really cool! Though it's also kind of funny, because Excalibur Sonic is essentially Super Sonic in armor and with a sword. How the heck are they gonna make that not overpowered?

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

They are kinda running low on characters, aren't they?

Did Black Knight come out around this time or something?

Black Knight came out in March :P

...wait, does this mean we're not getting Indiana Knuckles & Elite Spy Rouge?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 8:57 AM, Iko said:

In fact, sometimes they change the lane exactly when you do and steal all your rings and items. There is a bit of input lag from when you slide your finger on the screen and when the character actually changes lane, so the game has the time to calculate where to move your opponent and it can do it perfectly at the same time as your movement. They chase you even if you go to the slower route, just to steal your stuff (or hit with rear attacks in case of Zazz and recently Whisper as well). As a human player it's almost impossible to figure out where the other player behind you are, even if there are those arrows.

Not just that; if the opponents are behind you and want to steal your rings, they temporarily gain a small speed boosts (not the item, they just run faster) and place in front of you, to steal your rings. Or, when you play as Cream (both versions), when they overtake you they instantly go out of reach from the chao attack... the chao won't be launched until the opponents are at the precise distance where the chao can't hit them (even if you tap, it will start later or not start at all).

Yes, I'm that <retired> player. I changed the name to that one because I actually retired myself from the game time ago, but when I went back to playing, changing names would cost 100 red star rings and I'd rather spend them into opening chests. Though the name may still be fitting in the near future. (EDIT: probably you have met my bot :grinning:)

I play as Spring Cream because sometimes it's the only character with who I can actually do something... any other character becomes totally useless near the end of the season (yesterday I level 16'd Chaos and I used it in a race... 4th place, the boost was as fast as no boost at all, and all my attacks inflicted no damage to the opponents, who were faster than me boost or not, as if I was level 1). I honestly like regular Cream more, but they nerfed her a lot, she became really useless; the flower trap fails a lot (you hear the sound of the hit but nothing happens) and most of the times it spawns on the near lane instead of in front of the opponent. There are other characters that I like but I play as Cream most of the times because I like the attacks/boost... but still they nerfed her a lot.

P.S.: when I play as Spring Cream, most of the races happen to be on the jungle levels, because the half pipe sections prevent me from using the trap attack since I would hit myself. opponent Spring Creams usually use it regardless, and they also go through the trap with no damage as well.

Ah, ok. Well, I believe I raced you again somewhat recently and lost to you again lol. Spring Cream is one of the scariest characters to me, because that Hedge Maze is terrifyingly unfair in terms of being able to dodge it, and it is insane how much the petal effect can slow you down. To be clear though, I understand why people use powerful characters like her. I would too, if I had one leveled up high enough. I'm still chugging away trying to get enough rings to upgrade my rares and super rares to maximum first. I just can't believe how expensive it is to upgrade special characters. I think Reaper Metal Sonic is even more annoying in the hands of the right player. If anyone needs a nerf, it's him. 

I like using regular Cream too, but I agree, her boost has been badly nerfed. She is still scary if she takes the lead early though. Some of these Cream players drop their Chao-nado right on top of item boxes and dash pads and it can be very hard to deal with on certain courses. I swear these people are like computers, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were bots. Yes, I too notice that anomaly with Spring Cream on the jungle maps. A similar problem occurs with Big's trap there. I honestly think it pretty unfair and punishing that they haven't fixed that.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/7/2020 at 4:37 AM, Flame Lance said:

Ah, ok. Well, I believe I raced you again somewhat recently and lost to you again lol. Spring Cream is one of the scariest characters to me, because that Hedge Maze is terrifyingly unfair in terms of being able to dodge it, and it is insane how much the petal effect can slow you down. To be clear though, I understand why people use powerful characters like her. I would too, if I had one leveled up high enough. I'm still chugging away trying to get enough rings to upgrade my rares and super rares to maximum first. I just can't believe how expensive it is to upgrade special characters. I think Reaper Metal Sonic is even more annoying in the hands of the right player. If anyone needs a nerf, it's him. 

I like using regular Cream too, but I agree, her boost has been badly nerfed. She is still scary if she takes the lead early though. Some of these Cream players drop their Chao-nado right on top of item boxes and dash pads and it can be very hard to deal with on certain courses. I swear these people are like computers, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were bots. Yes, I too notice that anomaly with Spring Cream on the jungle maps. A similar problem occurs with Big's trap there. I honestly think it pretty unfair and punishing that they haven't fixed that.

When did you race against me? If it happend in these days, it would be strange because I'm using regular Cream all the time (except when a mission asks me to use a different character, or like today I played a few matches with Shadow for the sake of it). I switch to Spring only in the second half of the season, when the regular version can't win anymore, though when possible I prefer to use the base version because I like the set of items more (Chao-nado is fun to use and less dangerous than Hedge-maze, that can easily be turned against you). I can't remember if I used Spring Cream for a mission or what, but I think that since the new season started I never used her... not completely sure but 90% sure at least. If I used her against you, it was likely a bot with my username.

By the way, I think that the game changed recently... I don't know how, but it feels very different. Overall it's a bit less frustrating but still unfair at times. I managed to reach 6.501 last season and I got the "curse" only twice in the whole month, I recovered the lost trophies in a relatively short time unlike the usual 2/3 days.

BTW I finally level 16'd every Super Rare character except Zazz (who's very close anyway) and the new ones (Zeena and Tikal). I reached my goal, now I can leave whenever the game annoys me... though I think I will continue for a while... I don't really care much of the new special characters, but when the game doesn't treat me like trash It's still kinda fun so until it goes back to pure frustration, I will continue.

EDIT: They granted my wish, the game went back to pure frustration, it cheats insolently and blatantly to the point where it doesn't even feel like you are controlling the character anymore. And it's already 2 days of curse and it's still going. Back to good old trash eh?

I went from 5.879 to something around 5.640 in a few races, then I lost my patience and I started to lose on purpose to see if the curse continues even when I'm very low in the chart. It continues... I'm racing against lv12s (player level, not characters) and still can't win.

I'm still playing for now but I'm closer and closer to leaving, and if I leave this time it won't be a temporary thing like the last time, it will be permanent. Hardlight Studios is already in my black list of companies I will never give a cent to and will never play any other game made by them even if it's free, when I'll leave Speed Battle I'll never play any other Hardlight game forever.

• 1 month later...

I’ve started playing, trying to get he hang of it. Its hard to rract the obstacles and uses items. 

• 1 month later...

New Christmas Alt for Amy finally confirmed

EpDWZiEXIAEd5Bm?format=jpg&name=large

Have no fear, Jingle Belle Amy Rose is here! The all-new Special Runner brings her holiday spirit to Sonic Forces Mobile’s Belle of the Snowball event!

Later, join the festive but fierce Wrap Battle team event. Choose either Team Belles or Team Elves to win big!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I find the game quite irritating. It have a hard time concentrating on avoiding obstacles and using items. It does not flow like Mario Kart Tour. I think it would be better if the perspective of the character was more SA2 (grinding levels) to Heroes third person.  

• 1 month later...

1.) Why is Sky Road the home of the Moon Mechs?  That's Zavok's turf.

2.) What is Zavok supposed to be breaking in that render?

nitpick

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

2.) What is Zavok supposed to be breaking in that render?

I believe it's a piece of chalk

13 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Looks like the Super Bowl is early this year

EsbpIK0W8AI3Wej?format=jpg&name=large

What the actual...?!  😂

I like how he ended up ripping the other shoulder after getting the first on perfectly.

10 hours ago, Cuz said:

"Oh, Great now there's two of them." 🙄

Two of what?

2 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

1.) Why is Sky Road the home of the Moon Mechs?  That's Zavok's turf.

Because they didn't wanna reference Windy Hill Zone, I guess.

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Two of what?

2 Zavoks of course. 

There now one more Zeti  in the game, this is an affront to nature! 

4 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

I believe it's a piece of chalk

Apparently with his mind based on that hand position.