Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

17 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Looks like the Super Bowl is early this year

EsbpIK0W8AI3Wej?format=jpg&name=large

I love that my first thought seeing this picture is 'What the fuck does this have to do with Sonic?'.

7 hours ago, Cuz said:

2 Zavoks of course. 

There now one more Zeti  in the game, this is an affront to nature! 

Oh.

Aren't the Zeti technically a relic of nature or something?

4 hours ago, Your Vest Friend said:

Apparently with his mind based on that hand position.

I mean, he was apparently summoning magic clouds or some shit, so why not add telekinesis to the repertoire?

• 2 weeks later...

Two age old complaints about the game:

1. Why must this game crash so much?

2. What the fudge is up with this game occasionally giving so many points to Charmy despite literally being the worst character alongside Tails?

-----_----------------+-+++-+-

How exactly do we know which Team were on for this Superbowl event?

• 2 weeks later...

This game has always been pathetic, but after the last update it became so much pathetic that it does not even make sense anymore.

The game does not even try to hide the fact that it's cheating... everything is wrong, bots blatantly slow down to hit you and when you are stunned they run away 10 times faster than your top speed (without the boost) to go out of your reach; 90% of the bots' attacks are unavoidable even if you see them seconds ahead... the game just blocks your character and make you unable to dodge; your attacks don't start (they just fail, you touch the button but nothing happens aside of hearing a sound) unless the situation is safe for the bots so that you will hit nobody; item boxes are not random anymore, they always give you the least useful item every time (a couple of weeks ago it was not like this), etc. This added to all the previous cheats already present in the game.

With the last update the game became like 100 times more frustrating than usual, it's really shit.

Everything that happens in-game is unfair, even the jump is manipulated to make you land on obstacles and traps.

At the moment, I can say that this is the worst Sonic game ever created, even the most glitchy and unfinished Sonic Games are better than this trash, at least they are somewhat fun, this is not. And they even put effort into completely ruining this potentially fun idea...

I already complained about this game a lot in the past, but now it became massively worse, expnentially worse, it became completely unplayable.

I say this after having reached 6000 trophies earlier than usual, and then being sent back to 5700 in about 10 races or so, and I'm still going down.

Huh, I'd actually been enjoying the changes they made with the last update - Vector's bubble attack now does damage (elevating from most pointless rare character), Invincibility has slowed slightly, the ring guzzling boost of treasure hunter Knuckles and spy Rouge takes less rings and is faster (making it less suicidal), the eminently pointless slash attack of Black Knight Sonic has had its range extended and that blasted light sphere attack of Tikal's has been nerfed so it no longer does damage.

I was struggling with connectivity issues significantly the other day though; I wonder if they were having problems to begin with. Seems fine today however, I've had a bunch of decent runs with only one race with connection losses.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Iko said:

This game has always been pathetic, but after the last update it became so much pathetic that it does not even make sense anymore.

The game does not even try to hide the fact that it's cheating... everything is wrong, bots blatantly slow down to hit you and when you are stunned they run away 10 times faster than your top speed (without the boost) to go out of your reach; 90% of the bots' attacks are unavoidable even if you see them seconds ahead... the game just blocks your character and make you unable to dodge; 

Okay, yeah, I saw that happen yesterday and said, "Okay, clearly their getting ready to hit me, so time to Bob n Weave and hope for the best."

3 hours ago, Nestor said:

Huh, I'd actually been enjoying the changes they made with the last update - Vector's bubble attack now does damage (elevating from most pointless rare character), Invincibility has slowed slightly, the ring guzzling boost of treasure hunter Knuckles and spy Rouge takes less rings and is faster (making it less suicidal), the eminently pointless slash attack of Black Knight Sonic has had its range extended and that blasted light sphere attack of Tikal's has been nerfed so it no longer does damage.

Of all those changes, only the ring boost one is fine, the other ones are there to make the game worse. Including the Tikal one, who only needed a slight nerf and not the damage to be completely removed.

Since they made Tikal useless, Vector is now more unbalanced than Tikal before, to take her place. They won't remove those broken characters, they need them to manipulate the races, that's why they never nerfed Zazz despite being the worst (it even seems that occasionally his stars move lo other lanes to hit you abusing of optical illusions).

5 hours ago, Iko said:

Of all those changes, only the ring boost one is fine, the other ones are there to make the game worse. Including the Tikal one, who only needed a slight nerf and not the damage to be completely removed.

Since they made Tikal useless, Vector is now more unbalanced than Tikal before, to take her place. They won't remove those broken characters, they need them to manipulate the races, that's why they never nerfed Zazz despite being the worst (it even seems that occasionally his stars move lo other lanes to hit you abusing of optical illusions).

What do they get out of that?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Iko said:

Oh gosh, Tikal was crazy before the nerf - an attack that creates traps directly in front of all racers, damages them and blinds them? I remember being able to spam her attack every couple of seconds on certain tracks if I was in first place, it was devastating. Even with the nerf, potentially blinding all players is still handy. Conversely, Vector's bubble trap doesn't appear directly in front of racers and frankly needs some teeth to make Vector usable.

I agree however about the trap for Zazz (and now Jingle Belle Amy) being overpowered if they're ahead, but unfortunately there isn't a lot they can do to nerf it short of just completely changing the power, which they'd only do as a last resort. Theoretically, the weak point of Zazz's trap is that it can't hit anything in front of you, but I don't think it outweighs it's massive advantage if you're ahead. Still not unbeatable though, particularly if you have Invincibility and can just crash through it.

I don't mind racers like Zazz and Jingle Bell Amy, because they can only really do their thing if they are out ahead. Both characters have extremely limited options to make up any amount of significant ground, which balances out the terror they can cause when they do get the lead. If you can get enough of a lead to put an obstacle or two between you and them, there is really nothing they can do about it for the rest of the race.

I have noticed a steep decline in the usage of characters like Spring Cream and Santa Big, who IMO are the real terrors. Tikal is annoying at best compared to those two. The ability to completely wall off 3 out of 4 lanes is absolutely cracked and the spotty collision detection in corkscrews makes them completely un-dodgeable, even if you can maneuver into the correct lane. I'm not sure if people are just shying away from them because they are cheap, or the AI racer pool stopped using them...

• Thumbs Up 2

Eggman was revealed as a character today.

This makes me want him in Smash even more now!

(Also, side note; the fact that Infinite has never once appeared in this game is actually hilarious)

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman playable in a Sonic platformer(-ish) game. It's been years. 

I don't have a phone that'll run this game but I'm definitely going to find a way to play this now.

FINA-LLY!

It's so good too see him. And look, he's  only character with vehicle, cheating as always. How nice.

Now Sticks and Infinite. Come on guys, I believe in you.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jingilator said:

Eggman was revealed as a character today.

This makes me want him in Smash even more now!

(Also, side note; the fact that Infinite has never once appeared in this game is actually hilarious)

I see what they did there.

As odd as it is to see him in the Egg Mobile, it makes sense--his ability to run has generally been about convenient tension. Still, it technically opens the door to more floating characters alongside Charmy.

I'm eager to play a Replica of Dr Eggman in the game but I'm even more eager to play a Replica of Sir Lancelot in a few weeks!!...
I love HARDlight's games, I think they just lack a storyline!!...

This is the story in my head when I play SONIC FORCES : SPEED BATTLE : Dr Eggman is about to conquer planet Earth in SONIC FORCES (the console game) but he is training his army of Replicas to do so, therefore every race you play in SPEED BATTLE is a training of his Replicas with Phantom Ruby's prototypes and that's why every runner appears in red cubes like every Replica!!...

EDIT : I've just obtained Dr Eggman, he is so great!!...

Edited by King Conne
addition
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm loving Eggman in this, the sheer tonnage of missiles and explosions he causes is loads of fun - if you have more than one Eggman in a race, it's complete chaos. 😆

• Fist Bump 1

I hope a Replica of Eggman Nega arrives soon, and one of Metal Sonic 3.0 : they won't be too difficult to include in the game I guess!!...

It's always fun when you participate in a race when there are dopplegängers, it's visually beautiful : I remember having played with Ice-Slicer Jet yesterday then I raced against Jet the Hawk, Tidal Wave and Storm the Albatross!!...

Since I'm crazy about Knuckles (and echidnas), I'd love to see a race between Knuckles the Echidna, Treasure Hunter Knuckles, Sir Gawain and Sinbad the Sailor!!...
And a new tribal dopplegänger for Knuckles would be great too (but from the original Knuckles, not the one from the movie)!!...

But what would make me even happier would be more dopplegängers from what I call "the Halloween Dimension" : Vampire Shadow, Witch Rouge and Reaper Metal Sonic are perfect, and I want Halloween dopplegängers for Team Chaotix since they still don't have any alternative version of them (for instance, a mummy version of Espio like in SONIC RIVALS 2 but visually improved, a cute flying little ghost version of Charmy and "creature of Dr Frankenstein" alternative version of Vector!!...

On 2/20/2021 at 3:09 PM, DabigRG said:

Still, it technically opens the door to more floating characters alongside Charmy.

There are already a ton of floating characters. That door has been opened and then subsequently ripped off its hinges already.

There's Charmy, 3 Rouges, 2 of Each of the Babylon Rouges, Longclaw, Chaos and 2 Metal Sonics.

2 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

There are already a ton of floating characters. That door has been opened and then subsequently ripped off its hinges already.

There's Charmy, 3 Rouges, 2 of Each of the Babylon Rouges, Longclaw, Chaos and 2 Metal Sonics.

Oh yeah.

Why does Chaos float exactly?

• 4 weeks later...

So I missed a chance to unlock the Eggman due to a lot of occupation the last few weeks only to unlock Shadow after logging back into it. Yay?

58 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

So I missed a chance to unlock the Eggman due to a lot of occupation the last few weeks only to unlock Shadow after logging back into it. Yay?

Shadow is a really powerful character once you level him up. He's got 10/10 speed and 9/10 acceleration, so when he's high level and starts with lots of rings he'll often pull away from the rest of the pack early. Ssmb by that point he'll be getting three lightning bolts at once, which are great for spamming. His downside is his low power, meaning he takes heavy damage. End up behind Zazz or getting hit by bombs and fire and you'll drop rank pretty fast.

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

Shadow is a really powerful character once you level him up. He's got 10/10 speed and 9/10 acceleration, so when he's high level and starts with lots of rings he'll often pull away from the rest of the pack early. Ssmb by that point he'll be getting three lightning bolts at once, which are great for spamming. His downside is his low power, meaning he takes heavy damage. End up behind Zazz or getting hit by bombs and fire and you'll drop rank pretty fast.

Oh, I'm sure he is--I've come across a few in my time. It'sjust that i Would rather have been able to get the fresh new character I really like and also, I haven't been leveling up my characters as part of a personal playstyle.

But hey, at least I got the last buyer character, I think?

Last buyer character?

And what do you mean by "haven't been leveling up characters as part of [your] play style"? When you collect enough rings and cards, you should level up the characters you enjoy playing as. Heck, upgrade the rest so that you can upgrade your player level for further buffs (prioritising commons, then rares, then ultras and ignoring the specials). It's daft not to.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

It'sjust that i Would rather have been able to get the fresh new character I really like

Well, its not all bad. Eggman's a rare character and not a special one, which means you only missed out on the streamlined path to unlocking him - as opposed to having to wait for another event to roll around. If you keep playing the game, you can still accumulate Eggman cards at random.

Now if you missed a character you wanted like Longclaw or Lunar Blaze the you would be S.O.O.L.

Next event is about Spring Cream (and Spring Cheese, of course)... then I guess after we'll have new characters to unlock (and I hope we'll have leaks soon)!!...

I've got all the 49 characters of the game all my Commun characters are Max Level (16), all my Rare Characters are between level 13 and level 14 (most of them are 14), all my Very Rare characters are at least level 10 (but Eggman and Zavok are level 12, Chaos and Tikal level 13) and all my Special Characters are at least level 5 (except Lancelot who is level 7 and the awful Longclaw and Teen Sonic who are level 6 and my favourite Vampire Shadow who is level 15 : I miss 183 Special Cards for Vampire Shadow to have him at Max Level since I have 1,200,000 rings in store, more than enough to reach level 16)!!...

I truly love the game!!...

I wonder if there will be an event about Sonic to celebrate the 50th character of the game, maybe someone like Super Sonic, the Werehog or Darkspine Sonic!!...

Or maybe Infinite, at last!!...
In any case, I'll be there and catch him / her / it!!...