Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:57 AM, Blue Blood said:

I recently lost all of my progress in this game because I switched from iPhone to Android. There's no way to sync data across different platforms as far as I can tell. Don't think I'll ever touch it again because there's no way I'm going through the effort of unlocking everything again. 

Has their Support team given you any help or advice?

On 10/17/2021 at 11:16 PM, Nestor said:

Has their Support team given you any help or advice?

I've not had a response from them. But if I hear anything I'll let you know. 

17 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I've not had a response from them. But if I hear anything I'll let you know. 

Fingers crossed they'll get back to you at some point - I contacted them about an error where some of the adverts weren't giving the rewards they should after watching, and although it took a little while, they did get back to me and gave me some free stars in compensation while they fixed it.

On 10/20/2021 at 7:54 AM, Nestor said:

Fingers crossed they'll get back to you at some point - I contacted them about an error where some of the adverts weren't giving the rewards they should after watching, and although it took a little while, they did get back to me and gave me some free stars in compensation while they fixed it.

Well it worked. They transferred my data for me. So it's all good. I missed the Werehog event unfortunately, but I'd rather have my entire account than just that one character. 

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Well it worked. They transferred my data for me. So it's all good. I missed the Werehog event unfortunately, but I'd rather have my entire account than just that one character. 

The Werehog is back later in the month alongside the Metal Sonic skin so you'll still have a chance to pick up cards for him!

10 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Huzzah, I'm pleased it worked! Thankfully the Werehog will be back later in the event, so you should be able to unlock him!

On 10/18/2021 at 10:59 AM, King Conne said:

I've unlocked the Werehog : he is great!!...

And now, he is available in SONIC DASH with Reaper Metal Sonic!!...

How long is the Werehog in dash, cause I unlocked reaper metal, but not him yet 

First time you gather the four items on the road, you unlock Reaper Metal Sonic... for the Werehog, it's the third time!!...

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Infinite has finally made his mark on the game after all this time - as well as taking over the title screen with his edgy (yet catchy) music, he is now appearing in every race as the fourth challenger; you get the special Infinite chest if you place first or second against him. Infinite himself is unglitched in the actual race and doesn't seem too difficult to beat - his attacks are a bit crazy though, one seems to make illusory spike traps appear at random on the track for a short time if you get hit by it, similar to his attacks in the actual Sonic Forces.

You can't unlock Infinite yet as a playable character, though you can earn cards for him and his character profile is now present in the runner list (sort of; it's all glitched out).

Edited by Nestor
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can easily win chests containing cards to unlock Infinite later, and I love the fact that three players have to race more or less as a team to beat Infinite!!...
Moreover, only half an hour is needed to unlock Infinite's chests!!...

Infinite's attacks are very interesting : I guess only Mephiles the Dark could be a more terrifying adversory!!...

Finally got my first race with the guy since I didn't get any matches at all in the teaser phase. 

Just used some snatched ice mines with Metal Sonic and annihilated him lmao

I'm fairly new to this game and it's my first season playing, so take what I whine about with a grain of salt... but it really does feel random just how good or bad Infinite is going to be in any given match. His illusion ability seems pretty brutal, it turns pickups and dash pads into spikes, and seems to make Badniks invincible too while under its effects, while his boost just launches him to first place. Some matches, he will just nonstop bombard with abilities, while others I've seen him finish 4th place, a full 8 seconds after 3rd place. Seems wildly inconsistent.

He also likes to cut in front at the start of the race to snipe your rings, the jerk.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Cake said:

I'm fairly new to this game and it's my first season playing, so take what I whine about with a grain of salt... but it really does feel random just how good or bad Infinite is going to be in any given match. His illusion ability seems pretty brutal, it turns pickups and dash pads into spikes, and seems to make Badniks invincible too while under its effects, while his boost just launches him to first place. Some matches, he will just nonstop bombard with abilities, while others I've seen him finish 4th place, a full 8 seconds after 3rd place. Seems wildly inconsistent.

He also likes to cut in front at the start of the race to snipe your rings, the jerk.

Yeah, to begin with Infinite was getting wrecked in every race and was comically far behind the players in the season ranking; ever since the mini-update that put him on the loadig screen however, he seems a lot more dangerous and somehow has a Super Sonic-like boost that he can outpace the whole race with.... but he doesn't use it consistently. He also still doesn't seem to react to player attacks, I've yet to see him actually dodge one.

I do wonder if they've deliberately given him that super boost so that he doesn't end up losing by a ridiculous margin - I feel they may have overdone things a bit though and over-corrected...

3 hours ago, Nestor said:

Yeah, to begin with Infinite was getting wrecked in every race and was comically far behind the players in the season ranking; ever since the mini-update that put him on the loadig screen however, he seems a lot more dangerous and somehow has a Super Sonic-like boost that he can outpace the whole race with.... but he doesn't use it consistently. He also still doesn't seem to react to player attacks, I've yet to see him actually dodge one.

I do wonder if they've deliberately given him that super boost so that he doesn't end up losing by a ridiculous margin - I feel they may have overdone things a bit though and over-corrected...

Maybe it's just to keep the event interesting? He was getting steamrolled pretty hard, yet now he's beating the Resistance by a pretty large margin. I've noticed some minor success using Rouge against him though, locking down item usage stunts him pretty hard.

Sometimes Infinite is rather easy to beat, and sometimes not at all!!...

His boost is incredible, and his "replicas" hard to avoid!!...

I'm at level 15, I mainly play with Vampire Shadow who is at level 16 (my name in the game is the name of my cat : Ernesto -for Ernesto "Chat" Guevara, "chat" meaning "cat" in French) and I manage to hit Infinite with Draco'O' Lantern and Storm Cloud) and often see other players touching him with other powers!!...

By the way, I bought a digital tablet four days ago and the game is far easier to play than on my BlueStacks emulator!!...

Are you guys saying that Infinite is sometimes invincible and sometimes easily beaten?

Wow, they replicated him from Forces perfectly.

• Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 2

I just accidentally blew 500 red rings on a measly 12500 rings. It's not even the first time that I've accidentally spent red rings whilst trying to scroll through the new shop to the free chest. Why isn't there a confirmation screen? It's so annoying to spend months saving rings only to blow so much of that effort on something you don't want. 

In fact, the players must avoid Infinite's attacks and slow him down by touching him before he uses his unbelievable speed boost!!...

Welp, as of this writing, the Resistance is losing to Infinite by roughly 1,200,000 points. Seems to me that either Infinite himself, or the scoring system used for this challenger event might just be a little busted.

2 hours ago, Cake said:

Welp, as of this writing, the Resistance is losing to Infinite by roughly 1,200,000 points. Seems to me that either Infinite himself, or the scoring system used for this challenger event might just be a little busted.

Is busted, he gains points per opponent beaten.

2 hours ago, Cake said:

Yeah, they've hugely over-corrected from how he was - initially he was losing horribly, now he's just cheesing races with his boost; they don't seem to be able to get a happy medium.

I blame the rest of you guys for not pulling your weight. I main LongClaw and Infinite makes absolutely no attempt to dodge the lightning bolt attack, which results in about a 99% win rate for me.

• Chuckle 2

58 minutes ago, King Conne said:

I've just realized Infinite's attacks are VERY dangerous because he makes the badniks unbreakable!!...

Yes, it took me a while to realise that one.... his Infinite clones also can't be jumped over, they can only be avoided (unless you can slide under them, I haven't tried that yet).