Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

I wonder if Iniite will be a Very Rare or Special Character... but he may be part of a new category since his cards are red (for the moment)!!...

5 minutes ago, King Conne said:

I wonder if Iniite will be a Very Rare or Special Character... but he may be part of a new category since his cards are red (for the moment)!!...

I've gotten a ton of cards for him - if he is Super Rare I'll be able to level him out up pretty far straight off the bat!

Incidentally, Infinite seems to have finally lost his mojo - after wrecking the players, he seems to have been pared back enough that we've just overtaken him, hopefully it'll hold for the rest of the night!

Hey, congrats guys, I dunno how we managed to pull ahead, but it looks like the Resistance won the event.

Having unlocked and played a few quick games with Infinite, now that he's available, he's... pretty fast! Stats of 10/10/6, and some pretty powerful abilities to boot. He seems to currently be listed as "Challenger" Rarity, with red cards, though I dunno if that's just because of the event that's technically still ongoing, with more Infinite chests to win.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, he really has his own category... maybe one day Mephiles the Dark will join him!!...
Anyway, "my" Replica ofInfinite is at level #11 and it costs many red cards to upgrade him!!...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

The quest for Nutcracker Silver (and Jingle Bell Amy if you still don't have unlocked her) is on in SONIC DASH!!...

FGKzCM6WQAMt6Ji?format=jpg&name=small

And it will start next week in SPEED BATTLE :

FGKr8oVWUAc5Oea?format=jpg&name=small

How many new characters do you think are in stock when HARDlight releases a new one?!...
I love their dopplegängers!!...

Nutcracker Silver is now avalaible in both DASH (yesterday) and SPEED FORCES (today)!!...

I guess he is the final new character of this year, and I really think 2021 was a very good year for SPEED DASH!!...
We've had 11 new characters (for a total of 57) :

- Quaterback Zavok (Special, 13 January)
- Dr Eggman (Very Rare, 23 February)
- Sir Lancelot (Special, 23 February)
- DJ Vector (Special, 12 May)
- Punk Zazz (Special, 12 May)
- Super Sonic (Special, 22 June)
- Sir Percival (Special, 22 June)
- Unicorn Cream (Special, 12 August)
- Werehog (Special, 13 October)
- Infinite (Challenger -brand new category-, 17 November)
- Nutcracker Silver (Special, 14 December)

Who do you want to join the roster in 2022?!...

There are so many characters I'd like to be playable in the game, but I will just name some of them :
- Pirate Sonic and Captain Shadow from DASH : they are great!!...
- Mephiles the Dark (it could be another character for the Challenger category)
- Sir Gawain, Sir Lamorak, Sir Galahad, Nimue and the Blacksmith from BLACK KNIGHT
- Sinbad and Ali Baba from SECRET RINGS (and why not King Shahryar)
- Some robots (the Yellow Shadow Android, Emerl, G-mel, Metal Sonic 3.0)
- The three promo Avatars from SONIC FORCES (the red wolf, the pink she-cat and the green bird with their own Wispons and proper names)
- Doplegängers for runners who don't have one (for instance, Espio could reappear as an improved "Mummy" Espio from RIVALS 2)
- Other pirates dopplegängers
- Other dopplegängers from what I call "the Halloween Dimension" (and they could reuse and improve Gothic Amy and "Pumpkin" Omega from SONIC RUNNERS as they did for Vampire Shadow and Witch Rouge)

15520b26b16100bd7cda7275d4542666.jpg

Even if I'm not a fan of the movies' designs, I guess "Movie Knukles" and "Movie Tails" will appear in the game for promotional purposes...

So, do you think 2021 was a good year for SPEED BATTLE?!...

57 minutes ago, King Conne said:

There are so many characters I'd like to be playable in the game, but I will just name some of them :

- Pirate Sonic and Captain Shadow from DASH : they are great!!...
- Mephiles the Dark (it could be another character for the Challenger category)
- Sir Gawain, Sir Lamorak, Sir Galahad, Nimue and the Blacksmith from BLACK KNIGHT
- Sinbad and Ali Baba from SECRET RINGS (and why not King Shahryar)
- Some robots (the Yellow Shadow Android, Emerl, G-mel, Metal Sonic 3.0)
- The three promo Avatars from SONIC FORCES (the red wolf, the pink she-cat and the green bird with their own Wispons and proper names)
- Doplegängers for runners who don't have one (for instance, Espio could reappear as an improved "Mummy" Espio from RIVALS 2)
- Other pirates dopplegängers
- Other dopplegängers from what I call "the Halloween Dimension" (and they could reuse and improve Gothic Amy and "Pumpkin" Omega from SONIC RUNNERS as they did for Vampire Shadow and Witch Rouge)

That's a mouthful way of misspelling "Sticks".

She's top priority. Everyone else would be a nice bonus at this point.

Other than that Mephiles would be nice, Deadly Six just for completion sake ....Maaaaaaybe Sally? I don't believe she'll get in, but I said same thing about Tangle. 

Mephiles and Emerl seem the most likely to me. I also really want a Silver with actual ESP items.

Mighty and Ray I could see, if they do a classic type of event.

Sticks... depends if they lift her from her Boom purgatory.

More characters from IDW? Maybe but I still doubt it. They would rather add a Whisper alt which I remember leaked a while ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Starting tomorrow up to January 20th, the only magical girl of the SONIC world is back : Unicorn Cream!!...

FIgzvdQXIAMYNFk?format=jpg&name=small

And there will be many rings to win!!...

I guess the next new character(s) will appear in the event after...

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Your Vest Friend said:

Honestly kinda butthurt that Whisper got an alt skin before goddamn Tails lol

Tails is getting shafted here, he should have several skins by now.

I think the knowledge of him getting a de-facto movie skin by being in the end credits scene hurt him. They could constantly throw any chance of him getting an alt on the back-burner because they knew one was coming down the pipes. 

Lucky Whisper is great and she will be available tomorrow!!...
Lunar Blaze can be collected in SONIC DASH now for the first time!!...

There is another new character but I don't know how toget it : it's Linebacker Omega!!...
I saw videos with people already playing with it in SONIC DASH... and I saw another video pretending it will be the next new character after Lucky Whisper!!...

I hope Pirate Sonic and Captain Shadow won't be forgotten in SPEED BATTLE!!...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked the game up around the time Infinite finally got in and have been playing it pretty consistently since. Now I'm at the point where all of my common characters are hovering the level 15-16 mark and I have all the non-special characters (and change) unlocked. Game is fun though there's definitely a bit of a Mario-kartness to it... (see: very easy to get screwed out of a win and get shot down to 4th place at the last second). With how quick these matches go by compared to that games 3 laps I do wish the trophy system was just a bit kinder to you when you came 3rd/4th. Also incredibly annoying that you have to wait for the special character events to pop up again in order to get them. I wish they'd show up in gold/season chests, even if it was at a lower rate than the others. Not much to say other than that. Also there's an Infinite rerun event starting tomorrow if anyone's interested.

• Thumbs Up 1

"My" Replica of Infinite is at level 13... I hope I can reach level 16 this time!!...
And I'm eager to discover who the next new character(s) will be...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like "Movie" Knuckles (I don't know which name he will be given for his HARDlight version) will a be "Challenger" character like Infinite...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Time to go fast...again! Get ready for a next-level adventure with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SonicMovie2?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SonicMovie2</a> events! <a href="https://t.co/1Cq929JfpR">pic.twitter.com/1Cq929JfpR</a></p>&mdash; SEGA HARDlight (@SEGAHARDlight) <a href="https://twitter.com/SEGAHARDlight/status/1508844180474376197?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"Movie Tails" and "Movie Knuckles" (don't know their official names yet) by HARDlight (SONIC DASH) :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPGn8qXXwAoMOvh?format=jpg&name=small

Two times for Teen Sonic but no Baby Sonic?!...
Strange...

I really prefer the HARDlight versions to the hairy movie versions!!...

By the way, seems like Teen Sonic is now called Movie Sonic...

Hey, has the game changed its name recently? When I see it in the play store it's called Sonic Forces: Running Battle.

Why?

15 minutes ago, Your Vest Friend said:

Hey, has the game changed its name recently? When I see it in the play store it's called Sonic Forces: Running Battle.

Why?

Yeah, I just noticed this too. It was  Sonic Forces Speed Battle, but eventually they dropped the sub-title and it was just Sonic Forces for a long time. Now it's Sonic Forces Running Battle.