Jump to content
Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT


MudHunter
 Share

Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

Recommended Posts

Well, it's Speed Battle in our hearts.

Speed Battle makes me think of Sonic and Shadow bouncing from each other at the speed of light, with lightnings and explosions.
Running Battle makes me of presidential debate that just refuses to end. Let's wait for Sega to make this game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The name of the game changed?!...

Well, on Sonic Wikia, you can see the powers of Movie Tails and Movie Knuckles :

https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_Forces:_Speed_Battle#Super_Rare

https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_Forces:_Speed_Battle#Challenger

There is a new Zone called "Emerald City" in both DASH and SPEED BATTLE and it is beautiful and fun-playing!!...
Do you know if Emerald City is in the second movie?!...
And was Golden Bay (now a removed Zone in both games) in the first one?!...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, King Conne said:

And was Golden Bay (now a removed Zone in both games) in the first one?!...

Golden Bay (think golden gate bridge) is a SanFran stand in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, Golden Bay is actually still in Forces. It never left, and was only removed from Dash. I've raced of Emerald City twice now. First time I had the music turned off in the settings, which was kind of annoying. I just wanted to see what music they used, and was pleasantly surprised to hear Livin' in the City on my second go. Great choice 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

First post so apologies if there is a topic guide anywhere else on site/forum but I am a big fan of Sonic Forces Speed Battle but am finding it a very frustrating experience at the moment.

I almost always come last in my races so I am looking for tips on how I can get better and avoid what seems to be the power up spam fest at the start of each race between the four players.

Almost always I play as Tails/Movie Tails, I have original Tails at Level 13 and Movie Tails is currently sat at Level 7 but since I got into the 4000 league teir all I seem to be doing is going backwards and coming 4th unless I use Infinite and SPAM his three lane power up (he's Level 11) or use Deadly Replica but I find this frustrating because I like to vary my game character.

My overall Level for character's ranking up is sitting at 12.

I read somewhere the frirst five runs each day the game gives you additional rewards/points if you use the star character but I have no idea how to tell this in the game.

Really enjoying the movie events and Emerald City races, I just hope I can improve and not keeping loosing league points as I don't want to drop leagues every season...so if anyone has any help/tips I'd appreciate it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huh...don't have too many tips but here we go.

-If you can, make sure you're not staying in one lane in a race. Doing that is tantamount to having a 'kick me' sign on your back; you're simultaneously an easy target and you're not as in the mindset for quick dodging.

-Rings = Speed, make sure you're keeping your counter as full as possible.

-The jump-cancel trick is your friend, especially when there's a lot of ground obstacles around.

-Remember the tells on all your mine attacks (jump over most of them (Big you have to predict which spout will be up when you pass), move lane for lightning bolt, duck for clouds on track).

-Pay attention to the exclamation point and try to move lane until you can make it go away, that means you're not in the way of an attack any more. Granted, the power creep means there are some really nasty attacks that are hard to dodge regardless.

-Try to predict where the opponents will go and play this against them. For example, if you get a mine power-up, it's a really good idea to use it in a spot where they can't see/react to it very well (eg as you come up to a slide obstacle, as firing it then will put it just behind and mostly obscured).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

Almost always I play as Tails/Movie Tails

 

Movie Tails has a speed rating of 6, so your going to find it a bit difficult to separate from the pack early on in races. He's just not fast enough, even if you level him up to gain starting ring advantage. Your most reliable strat for him might be to skip a batch of rings at the start, to force your way back to 2 or 3rd to RNG out a boost pickup. Then use that flight to try and blow to the front and away from danger - at the same time, it also depends on who you are racing. Not a good idea to try to blow past a character with high offensive firepower until you are at a part of the map devoid of items. Stepping in front of Infinite or Werehog or Chaos when item boxes are a split second away is asking to catch a not so tactical nuke up your tailpipe. Wait a second or two and let them blow their items before you try and pass.

Another problem you are probably facing is diversity. If you like to play as a bunch of different characters, and are trying to level them up all somewhat equally, then you are wasting assets that could all be poured into making 1 or 2 characters their very best. My advice would be to pick 1 or 2 favorites and only spend rings on leveling them up to max.

A good tip is also to be mindful of your trap placement. Try to use them to cover up speed boosters and item boxes, on top of using them in places where its harder to see. In many levels, where the road splits into sections, even the most basic traps can become un-dodgeable when deployed with the right timing. (i.e. the thunderbolt attack when characters are sectioned off into a single lane)

Finally some characters are just better than others. Some characters have lousy kits. A small handful are outright broken. Even high end characters like Infinite and Super Sonic can be curbed if the level select throws you into stages with less rings and more obstacles. As you achieve higher ranks, you are more likely to play the more difficult levels, so it might be better to lean on characters that do not bleed rings on their boosts until you have a solid memorization of each level. Rolling into a hardcore stage with Treasure Tracker Knuckles can go sideways in a hurry if you fall behind.

 

I rock a LV 16 Longclaw and win about 85% of my matches. She has a strong kit that can reach out and hit anyone, no matter how far ahead they are or how far ahead she is, as well as a trap that doubles as a second boost. In any race, she has multiple options to catch up or extend her lead. Even if I get out to a really bad start, she can recover with her all three of her moves. You are never out of lightning range. If her whirlwind trap misses, she can boost off it instead and her boost is a boost. No item is wasted.

Compare that to a character like Zazz, who is a terror if you get stuck behind him, but once you outpace his motobug range, he has no real way to catch up or slow down a character that has a big lead. If you want to play and win as Zazz, you need to keep the pack from getting too far ahead at all costs.

 

Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of your favorite racers is really important. You gotta play them differently to be successful.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got all the 61 runners (for me, they're Replicas of runners) and :

- All Common characters are at MAX level (16)
- All Rare characters are at MAX level
(16)
- All my Very Rare characters are at MAX level (16) except Shadow the Hedgehog who is at level 15 (I need 186 more Very Rare cards for him)
- All my Challenger characters are at MAX level (16)

I have problems to level up my Special characters : it's so expensive!!...
So, I only have one Special character who is at level 16, it's Vampire Shadow (I love him)!!...
All my other Special characters are at level 8 and I have got more than enough Special cards to promote them to MAX level (but not enough rings) except Santa Big, Tidal Wave, Tropical Storm and Ice Slicer Jet!!...
But I have around five million rings, so I can level up one more Special character to level 16 but I don't know which one precisely!!...
My favourite are the ones from what I call "the Halloween Dimension" (Vampire Shadow who is already at MAX level but also Witch Rouge and Reaper Metal Sonic), but I like Slugger Sonic very much (I consider him as HARDlight's mascot) and also Lucky Whisper, Lancelot, Punk Zazz and Treasure Hunter Knuckles... so, could you help me and chose who I should promote, please (from my list or another Special character)?!...
Or maybe I should wait for Sir Gawain to appear in the game...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I was right to wait a bit more :

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSUuhfzXoAEvFmc?format=jpg&name=small[/img]

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banners/561210962/1652112243/600x200[/img]

I hope Sinbad will appear one day!!...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/4/2022 at 11:17 PM, Sega DogTagz said:

 

Movie Tails has a speed rating of 6, so your going to find it a bit difficult to separate from the pack early on in races. He's just not fast enough, even if you level him up to gain starting ring advantage. Your most reliable strat for him might be to skip a batch of rings at the start, to force your way back to 2 or 3rd to RNG out a boost pickup. Then use that flight to try and blow to the front and away from danger - at the same time, it also depends on who you are racing. Not a good idea to try to blow past a character with high offensive firepower until you are at a part of the map devoid of items. Stepping in front of Infinite or Werehog or Chaos when item boxes are a split second away is asking to catch a not so tactical nuke up your tailpipe. Wait a second or two and let them blow their items before you try and pass.

Another problem you are probably facing is diversity. If you like to play as a bunch of different characters, and are trying to level them up all somewhat equally, then you are wasting assets that could all be poured into making 1 or 2 characters their very best. My advice would be to pick 1 or 2 favorites and only spend rings on leveling them up to max.

A good tip is also to be mindful of your trap placement. Try to use them to cover up speed boosters and item boxes, on top of using them in places where its harder to see. In many levels, where the road splits into sections, even the most basic traps can become un-dodgeable when deployed with the right timing. (i.e. the thunderbolt attack when characters are sectioned off into a single lane)

Finally some characters are just better than others. Some characters have lousy kits. A small handful are outright broken. Even high end characters like Infinite and Super Sonic can be curbed if the level select throws you into stages with less rings and more obstacles. As you achieve higher ranks, you are more likely to play the more difficult levels, so it might be better to lean on characters that do not bleed rings on their boosts until you have a solid memorization of each level. Rolling into a hardcore stage with Treasure Tracker Knuckles can go sideways in a hurry if you fall behind.

 

I rock a LV 16 Longclaw and win about 85% of my matches. She has a strong kit that can reach out and hit anyone, no matter how far ahead they are or how far ahead she is, as well as a trap that doubles as a second boost. In any race, she has multiple options to catch up or extend her lead. Even if I get out to a really bad start, she can recover with her all three of her moves. You are never out of lightning range. If her whirlwind trap misses, she can boost off it instead and her boost is a boost. No item is wasted.

Compare that to a character like Zazz, who is a terror if you get stuck behind him, but once you outpace his motobug range, he has no real way to catch up or slow down a character that has a big lead. If you want to play and win as Zazz, you need to keep the pack from getting too far ahead at all costs.

 

Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of your favorite racers is really important. You gotta play them differently to be successful.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Since the update seems things have gone a bit better for me with my characters plus getting the extra week of Movie Tails cards got him levelled up a bit more so I am getting better results.

Will take everything into account that you have mentioned and try to plan my racing accordingly!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I know there aren't many people asking for them but I'm surprised that the rest of the Deadly Six haven't been added yet.

Keep in mind Zavok was released 2 months after launch, Zazz was added in July 2018, and Zeena got released in November 2019. 

The way things are going we'll get all the members of the Round Table before the game completes the D6 set.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind them, AFTER Sticks joins in. But in the end Knuckles but in armor is still Knuckles . More popular and easier to make.

With that Chip N Dale movie I almost expect Ugly Sonic to show up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would love to be able to play as Zor : he is so funny!!...
Concerning the Zetis, I'd like to have the six of them included in SONIC DASH but as bosses!!...

Even if technically Sir Gawain is nothing more than "Knuckles but in armor" as you wrote, for me he is a brand new character appeared in 2009 in a game that I love... and if Sonic thought Sinbad was Knuckles in 2007, he immediately knew by experience Gawain was not Knuckles!!...
(In the beginning, I did not like doppelgängers and, as a SAINT SEIYA fan, I was really disappointed by THE LOST CANVAS, then SONIC & THE SECRET RINGS was released one year later and the game made me enjoy doppelgängers very much -even if when I saw the first pictures of the game, I was really disappointed that Sinbad was "Knuckles in disguise"- and made me read and love the SAINT SEIYA spin-off manga I talked about!!...)
For me, doppelgängers are different characters than the ones they look like, and even characters with no background like for instance Slugger Sonic are not "Sonic dressed up as a base-ball player" but a Sonic from another dimension that I refer to as just "Slugger" when I think or talk about him (in my headcannon, he comes from something like the "Sport Dimension", and characters like Vampire Shadow, Witch Rouge and Reaper Metal Sonic are from the "Halloween Dimension", "Christmas Dimension" for Santa Big, Nutcracker Silver and so on)!!...
As far as dopplegängers are concerned, I hope my dear HARDlight Studio will release at last Pirate Sonic and Captain Shadow in SPEED BATTLE next month for Sonic's birthday (therefore, from the "Pirate Dimension"... and I want more playable characters from that dimension)...

Concerning Sticks, even if I don't like SONIC BOOM, I think the character is interesting and well-designed... and we know that the Phantom Ruby can create Replicas, teleports characters from past / other dimensions, so she would be perfect in the game!!...
Moreover, she has her own biography on the Sonic Channel website, so maybe there is aSticks living in the Sonic World (videogames) we all know!!...
(Just for the pleasure of talking about SPEED BATTLE, I have always considered that the game is nothing more than a training of Eggman's army of Replicas taking place just before Eggman took over the world in the home console game, I mean Replicas, even for characters of other dimensions, are created by the Phantom Ruby -prototypes or not- and their training is a series of battle races up to the Phantom Ruby prototype...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I'm back with a few more questions for my fellow players.

My game has gotten better since I started to use the tactics advised in response to my earlier question but I have a frew more about how to recover from difficult situations.

Quite a lot of my races are featuring Sir Gawain and Movie Knuckles (understandable given we've just  been given events with them) but is there anyway other than jumping and hoping the spear of Knuckles lane attacks doesn't hit you without a shield, I seem to be encountering a few situations where I have Tails tornado wind attack, Knuckles spear and the deadly Sir Gawain richochet attack all at once which slows my character completely to a halt and it takes an age to recover by which time the rest is usually over!

I also wanted to ask how attacks seem to come at you even if characters are ahead of you, I know the power up is deployed on the map for a period of time but sometimes I seem to have Infinite's come at when I am sure the character has already finished the race.

Also can I confirm that the points system for the league works on the basis that if you beat a player with more league points you gain more but can also loose points if a better player finishes ahead of you?

Also does anyone have any tips on suriving the onslaught of obstacles on Emerald City Hard, I always seem to loos on those levels!

Looking forrward to seeing who comes next after Sir Gawain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a "Rapid Racap" for the 4 Movie characters for 8 days, and you can unlock Longclaw again in SONIC DASH, so I hope next event will be about a new character!!...

I've just discovered Treasure Hunter Knuckles is now available as a playable character in SONIC SPEED SIMULATOR (ROBLOX) and that Tails has got a new doppelgänger too : Sailor Tails (inspired by a plush from 1994)!!...

https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_Speed_Simulator

(By the way, Nibroc.Rock now is part of the team creating SONIC SPEED SIMULATOR!!...)

I Hope HARDlight will add the new Tails doppelgänger to their games but will change at least his shoes to make him a bit more different than Tails!!...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2022 at 2:16 PM, Tails Prower said:

 

Quite a lot of my races are featuring Sir Gawain and Movie Knuckles (understandable given we've just  been given events with them) but is there anyway other than jumping and hoping the spear of Knuckles lane attacks doesn't hit you without a shield, I seem to be encountering a few situations where I have Tails tornado wind attack, Knuckles spear and the deadly Sir Gawain richochet attack all at once which slows my character completely to a halt and it takes an age to recover by which time the rest is usually over!

You are right about running into Knuckles more frequently. AI racers and human players too for that matter are more likely to choose recent banner characters. Either to promote them or try them out after unlocking them.

As for their attacks, if you play as a character with a low strength rating, then they are going to hurt you a lot. Maybe not as much as explosive attacks, but not too far off either. 

My adivce there is twofold. First is to pay attn to who you are racing. at any significant distance, both Knux can only attack in a straight line, single lane that is easily jumpable. After passing a row of item boxes, wait a second then jump and switch lanes to make yourself less of a target. 

Most racers will use their items as soon as they get them, making it predictable as to when you need to get elusive to stay alive. Listen for audio cues as well. Every attack has a distinct sound so if you remember the sfx you will hear and know what is coming before you ever see it, which gives you an extra split second to decide how best to dodge it. 

At close range, all the knights are extremely dangerous. Comes with having those swords. Give them space and only pass if you can hit them on your way by, or if you can get ahead far enough to not be in the range of a swipe. For movie Knux, stay out of the contrail of his punch attack because it has a major slow down effect. 

On 5/19/2022 at 2:16 PM, Tails Prower said:

I also wanted to ask how attacks seem to come at you even if characters are ahead of you, I know the power up is deployed on the map for a period of time but sometimes I seem to have Infinite's come at when I am sure the character has already finished the race.

I have had instances where metal Sonic copies an ability and then is able to use it shortly after, making it appear that someone who has already finished is still attacking.

Also, for infinite in particular, his clones last for a bit, so it is completely possible that you are running into the clone that spawned to attack someone ahead of you. You pass the clone intended for you, only to run into the one that spawned ahead of someone else. 

 

On 5/19/2022 at 2:16 PM, Tails Prower said:

Also can I confirm that the points system for the league works on the basis that if you beat a player with more league points you gain more but can also loose points if a better player finishes ahead of you?

Something like that. The points you earn scale on the quality of opponents in any given race, as ranked by their league points.

If you are the highest ranked player in the race, than you are "expected" to preform well and only a first or second place finish will yeild a positive gain. If your a huge favorite, it can be first or nothing. 

The same is true in reverse. If you are a big underdog, if you manage to beat a racer or two whom are higher ranked, then you will gain points even if you didn't win. 

The amount of points you gain also scales depending on how big of an underdog or favorite you are in the race. If the huge underdog wins, then everyone else is in for a huge loss. If the betting favorite wins, then everyone else will suffer modest losses, and may even still be able to eek out a gain by beating other rivals. 

 

On 5/19/2022 at 2:16 PM, Tails Prower said:

Also does anyone have any tips on suriving the onslaught of obstacles on Emerald City Hard, I always seem to loos on those levels!

Focus on the race and don't try multitask the items until you reach a safe spot of the map. It's tempting to use a boost as soon as you get it, but it also makes it harder to dodge everything on the screen on top of all the enemy attacks. 

As long as your not racing metal Sonic, or someone with electric attacks right behind you, sit on your best items and focus on weaving and hitting all the speed boosters. Then when it's safe, use them up. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2022 at 12:42 PM, Sega DogTagz said:

 

Most racers will use their items as soon as they get them, making it predictable as to when you need to get elusive to stay alive. Listen for audio cues as well. Every attack has a distinct sound so if you remember the sfx you will hear and know what is coming before you ever see it, which gives you an extra split second to decide how best to dodge it. 

At close range, all the knights are extremely dangerous. Comes with having those swords. Give them space and only pass if you can hit them on your way by, or if you can get ahead far enough to not be in the range of a swipe. For movie Knux, stay out of the contrail of his punch attack because it has a major slow down effect. 

I have had instances where metal Sonic copies an ability and then is able to use it shortly after, making it appear that someone who has already finished is still attacking.

Also, for infinite in particular, his clones last for a bit, so it is completely possible that you are running into the clone that spawned to attack someone ahead of you. You pass the clone intended for you, only to run into the one that spawned ahead of someone else. 

 

Thanks for the detailed reply, that makes sense actually.

It's a bit frustrating when it comes to Infinite because usually when I do see the multi clones they are on two different lanes meaning if I dodge one i get hit by the other. I'm getting a bit better at dodging them so with more pratice I'll maybe overcome that frustration.

Have been having less problems with Knuckles but I always seem to have a bit unlucky when it comes to the spear going 'up' just as I think I've dodged over it but I'll get better.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:42 PM, Sega DogTagz said:

Something like that. The points you earn scale on the quality of opponents in any given race, as ranked by their league points.

If you are the highest ranked player in the race, than you are "expected" to preform well and only a first or second place finish will yeild a positive gain. If your a huge favorite, it can be first or nothing. 

The same is true in reverse. If you are a big underdog, if you manage to beat a racer or two whom are higher ranked, then you will gain points even if you didn't win. 

The amount of points you gain also scales depending on how big of an underdog or favorite you are in the race. If the huge underdog wins, then everyone else is in for a huge loss. If the betting favorite wins, then everyone else will suffer modest losses, and may even still be able to eek out a gain by beating other rivals.

I don't suppose there is anyway to tell before hand if you are the favourite racer or not?

Just been playing for a bit there but had a massive loss every race so down from 4907 league points to about 4750 which I know I'll get back at some point before end of Tuesday but it's a little frustrating to see it happen quite a few times in a row.

Would really hate to reset my league points having done so well this month as was hoping to get to the next league tier but hey ho.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:42 PM, Sega DogTagz said:

Focus on the race and don't try multitask the items until you reach a safe spot of the map. It's tempting to use a boost as soon as you get it, but it also makes it harder to dodge everything on the screen on top of all the enemy attacks. 

As long as your not racing metal Sonic, or someone with electric attacks right behind you, sit on your best items and focus on weaving and hitting all the speed boosters. Then when it's safe, use them up. 

Yes I saw the proper route a few times after i posted but most times in those races I do see a lot of Metal Sonic and Shadow so it's still kinda difficult but Movie Tails seems to be coping better than Infinite so I'll keep praticing on surving the attacks.

Thanks again for the suggestions, now back to ze game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally, I let my boyfriend choose and my second Special Character (after Vampire Shadow) to reach level 16 is not Sir Gawain but Lunar Blaze!!...
She's a good choice, a very efficient character, even if I still prefer Vampire Shadow!!...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Well, the event for Sonic's birthday has been revealed and it's once again a Movie event : I'm so dissapointed!!...
I wanted to be able to play as Pirate Sonic and Captain Shadow (only available in SONIC DASH for Sonic's 30th birthday) but we will have another recap with Movie Knuckles, the Movie Sonic and Movie Tails... then the new addition to the roster will be Movie Super Sonic as seen on HARDlight's Twitter!!...

I'm fed up with movie characters, the game is called SONIC "FORCES" : SPEED BATTLE, not "MOVIE" SONIC : SPEED BATTLE, I would have prefered to be able to play as, for instance, one of the three Promo Avatars (or even the three of them) rather than another movie character!!...
DIFqgefWAAM5NdY.jpg
I really hope next month the movie things will be gone : It's Sonic the Hedgehog's birthday, not Movie Sonic's birthday!!...

See you next month...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dreadknux changed the title to Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT
  • Dreadknux pinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.