Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

Gotta be honest. I'm loving the look of Paladin Amy. I hope we can get cool alts like this for other characters too. Rogue Tails when? XD

So with some upgrading and free time having been made viable for me, I decided to get back in the game for what feels like the first time since to Eggman event and man, do I regret not being able to get him. Having just missed Gamma too doesn't exactly help.

Anyway, finally decided to start playing some characters I had been holding off on just cause and man, are Zeena and especially Whisper some nicely outfitted characters if you can play just right--the latter in particular is kinda broken.

Couple of things that are curious or buggy to me though:

The game continues to do that shit where characters seem to either stay a consistent distance ahead or speed up a bit near the finish, not to mention hitting you just as you use an item that would've been useful. There's also a few times where I swear I tried to use an item, but nothing happened and I had to tap a second or third time.

Still haven't upgraded any characters and been playing at an intentional handicap for the sake of doing so once I unlock all the normal characters first . What was the benefit of doing that again?

I'm just missing Eggman, Gamma, and I guess Infinite as far as normal game characters goes--is there a way to get them, perhaps by manipulating the algorithm if the cards you receive?

What is the point of having so many rings if you can't seem to do much with them and why can't you use them to buy Red Star Rings?

Also, I like how the game realized I was abusing her heli-attack and so replaced it with shields...and I still got first place 

• The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

So question: is it possible to unlock Gamma, Infinite, and Long Claw outside of events?

Gamma is Super Rare (purple), the same as characters like Shadow and Tikal. If he's not already in regular chests, he will be soon. 

Longclaw is Special (green) and Infinite is Rival (red). They both require events to unlock. 

3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Gamma is Super Rare (purple), the same as characters like Shadow and Tikal. If he's not already in regular chests, he will be soon. 

Longclaw is Special (green) and Infinite is Rival (red). They both require events to unlock. 

That's...both good and bad news.

Thanks  for letting me know 

And the worst of it is, you don’t know WHEN the event for this said special character will return. It’s all up in air.

Hardlight announced that the Sonic 2 movie characters will have an event one last time (which is happening now), until maybe Sonic 3 comes out in Winter 2024.

10 hours ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

And the worst of it is, you don’t know WHEN the event for this said special character will return. It’s all up in air.

Hardlight announced that the Sonic 2 movie characters will have an event one last time (which is happening now), until maybe Sonic 3 comes out in Winter 2024.

Ikr

I upgraded and started being able to play the game again apparently near the tail end of the Gamma event because my chance to unlock him was gone in favor of Paladin Amy(who I also didn't unlock, but meh--I don't have any other costume despite getting close a few times and would only want a select few).

Doesn't help my case where I still maintained my self imposed insistence of keeping everyone at Level One until I unlocked all of the normal characters. I know when Eggman unexpectedly popped out of a chest having apparently had only two sets left to go, I hit that watch ad button super fast. But now his best OG ESeries is throwing off the entire set; I could at least ignore Infinite since he's apparently a new type of character anyway.

As far as I'm aware, Long Claw(and apparently Baby Sonic) has never been made available again, which sucks because I'd much rather have her over the Movie versions of Sonic. The latter of which I recently unlocked, oddly enough.

5 hours ago, King Conne said:

"My" Gamma has reached level 15 (on 16) but last week, I won some cards for him in a chest!!...

I would hope/expect that'd be the case, but that might just be because you've already unlocked him.

EDIT: And no sooner than the next time I play the game and complete the latest missions do I unlock my first four(or eight) cards for E-102.

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

As far as I'm aware, Long Claw(and apparently Baby Sonic) has never been made available again, which sucks because I'd much rather have her over the Movie versions of Sonic. The latter of which I recently unlocked, oddly enough.

They have.

Right when the movie first came out in the US, In the lead up to the event to release Movie Tails (and then Knux) Longclaw and Baby Sonic were on the event rotation for a week or two before that. Whats been odd is that on the repeat banners since then, we've gotten several re-runs of Sonic/Tails, and one for Knux, but the characters from the first film were left out.

Other than that, your stuck waiting for the annual wrap-up at the end of the year, or for when the trailer for Movie 3 drops and they become relevant enough for a banner again.

12 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

They have.

Right when the movie first came out in the US, In the lead up to the event to release Movie Tails (and then Knux) Longclaw and Baby Sonic were on the event rotation for a week or two before that. Whats been odd is that on the repeat banners since then, we've gotten several re-runs of Sonic/Tails, and one for Knux, but the characters from the first film were left out.

Other than that, your stuck waiting for the annual wrap-up at the end of the year, or for when the trailer for Movie 3 drops and they become relevant enough for a banner again.

Annual wrapup, eh? Tell me more, if you please 

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Annual wrapup, eh? Tell me more, if you please 

Once a year (I think they did it in Jan this year) they run an event where dang near every special character is promoted for 24 hours at a time. It gives you a chance to unlock some of the ones you missed if you were able to get close. Every year there are more characters to squeeze in, and some will inevitably get left out (I think last time they skipped over Ice Slicer Jet) but its better than not seeing some of the older ones until they are relevant again.

(for example, Football Zavok/Omega will almost assuredly be available around Super Bowl time, Costumed characters pop up in the lead up to Halloween, and so forth and so on)

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Once a year (I think they did it in Jan this year) they run an event where dang near every special character is promoted for 24 hours at a time. It gives you a chance to unlock some of the ones you missed if you were able to get close. Every year there are more characters to squeeze in, and some will inevitably get left out (I think last time they skipped over Ice Slicer Jet) but its better than not seeing some of the older ones until they are relevant again.

(for example, Football Zavok/Omega will almost assuredly be available around Super Bowl time, Costumed characters pop up in the lead up to Halloween, and so forth and so on)

Interesting. You're right that so many variants means some will inevitably slip through the cracks and it also means plenty of chances to either unlock or get card stolen by stuff you have no interest in.

I managed to level up a fourth Special Character to MAX level today (level 16) and it's Lucky Whisper!!...
She is a great racer, and she joins Vampire Shadow, Lunar Blaze and Treasure Hunter Knuckles!!...
My next choice will probably be Sir Lancelot : in fact, I would have prefered to level up Punk Zazz to MAX level because he is a very good racer and makes me laugh a lot but I miss too many cards to reach my goal with him for the moment...

Soon, Excalibur-Sonic and Sir Gawain will be available again in SPEED BATTLE, then...

Fbf2V3WXgAAiSr0?format=jpg&name=small

HARDlight knows how to please SONIC fans!!...
Let's hope my beloved Sinbad, then Ali baba and why not King Shahryar will be the next ones!!...

I just beat Infinite with Whisper. As a matter of fact, I merc'd him--I got first while he got last.

In other news, did they do something to hard nerf my boy Zazz? Finally got around to playing him and it seems like he doesn't go particularly fast since he tended to come in last even with other characters just trotting along to outpace him. I did eventually start getting higher ranks and even managed to place first today, but still. Also, his Star attack had quite a bit of windup to it that makes using it kind of fruitless a lot of the time--though it at least  can't be interrupted by being hit.

There's also been this noticable trend of every rare character I've used lately(all four of them) seemingly being restricted to the harder tracks. That might even explain why I was having a hard time getting the hang of Zazz--I was too busy dodging constant obstacles, getting hit by race ending attacks, or having my fucking items stolen to get a feel of him.

I've also been noticing the game doing stuff it's not supposed to do again.

Big's Lilypads manage to be THE biggest pacebreaker when you're playing as him even with the more broken characters on the track--why are spawning IN FRONT of him now when every other weapon doesn't, including it formally?

Occasionally run into that annoyance of my dashes either being interrupted the moment I activate them or starting just in time for me to smack into a hazard I should've been able to avoid. The former isn't as obnoxious as it used to be, but why the fuck does Big's Parasol sometimes have a delay, especially when you're jumping, only to skyrocket the second you need to avoid something.

And yeah, don't think I didn't notice the inverted rubberbanding that happens from time to time--whether it's character casually running when you're boosting at the same speed(or in some instances, faster) or when they just decide to pick up extra speed/duration out of nowhere. I kid you not, one of my rare runs through base Green Hill with Zazz had two Excalibur Sonics on the run and they just decide to friggin book it so hard that they're basically flying through the air and went around the grinding corner for instance faster than any character besides maybe SuperSonic has any right to--even the Mario Kart map showed a noticeable birth between us after that.

Also, can we agree that Metal, Excalibur, and MovieSuperSonic are massive pains in the ass? Like, if you see them on the loading screen, you might as well hang it up because they're gonna screw you over. PaladinAmy, MovieTails, and until recently MovieKnuckles have also had their times to being obstructive, but they're at least mercifully occasional about it.

Finally, who's side is everyone on?

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Big's Lilypads manage to be THE biggest pacebreaker when you're playing as him even with the more broken characters on the track--why are spawning IN FRONT of him now when every other weapon doesn't, including it formally?

I don't play as Big, but most if not all of the characters in the game that spawn trap attacks that cover 3/4th of the lanes ahead of you spawn them about 10 ft in front of you. They have always been like that. Its no different than Base Sonic's Ice Mines, Movie Knux's spears or Spring Creams vines or any of the other variants.

Also, can we agree that Metal, Excalibur, and MovieSuperSonic are massive pains in the ass? Like, if you see them on the loading screen, you might as well hang it up because they're gonna screw you over.

Eh, none of those three really put up as much of a fight as the characters that are broken (like Spring Cream). Metal is actually one of the racers I want to go up against, because the Devil Chao puts him at a severe disadvantage.

19 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I don't play as Big, but most if not all of the characters in the game that spawn trap attacks that cover 3/4th of the lanes ahead of you spawn them about 10 ft in front of you. They have always been like that. Its no different than Base Sonic's Ice Mines, Movie Knux's spears or Spring Creams vines or any of the other variants.

Well I must have been incredibly fortunate much for the time, because the water spouts almost always start in other lanes.

19 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Eh, none of those three really put up as much of a fight as the characters that are broken (like Spring Cream). Metal is actually one of the racers I want to go up against, because the Devil Chao puts him at a severe disadvantage.

Oh really? Like, Metal isn't super hard or anything, but he does tend to get the way whenever I'm saving an item for the right moment. Which is often with certain characters 

Well, I just accidentally spent 80-130 Red Rings opening chests because I either got a bit impatient or my finger slipped while moving through unlock screens.

Wonderful. Might as well just go all in with buying and using new characters.

I wonder if my game is not broken!!...
No message from HARDlight saying the game is unavailable because of an update but I can't play it anymore, the screen staying black each time I try to play the game!!...
What about you : Does the game work?!...

On 9/14/2022 at 3:14 PM, King Conne said:

I wonder if my game is not broken!!...
No message from HARDlight saying the game is unavailable because of an update but I can't play it anymore, the screen staying black each time I try to play the game!!...
What about you : Does the game work?!...

That happened to me once before and I'm not sure what caused that period nor if I did anything to fix it

On 9/16/2022 at 4:45 PM, King Conne said:

And was it a long period?!...
I mean, do you think I'll be able to play the Darkspine event before it endsin about ten days?!...

I honestly don't remember, but I wanna say it was at least a week. Hopefully whatever's wrong with yours will fix itself before long.

I feel like I won't be able to play the game until its next update!!...
It makes me sad because I have unlocked all the characters of the game and I probably won'tbe able to unlock Darkspine Sonic...
I really hope my progression is not erased (all my common/rare/very rare/ challenger characters are at level 16 except Gamme that is level 15, and all my Special characters are at level 8 except Vampire Shadow, Lunar Blaze, Treasure Hunter Knuckles and Lucky Whisper who are level 16... and I almost had enough rings to promote another Special character to MAX level!!...

SonicWindBlue made a survey on his Twitter account and, for the moment, its says 34,9% of the users can't play SONIC FORCES : SPEED BATTLE anymore because of the "Black screen" problem resulting of the last update :

https://twitter.com/SonicWindBlue

"Glad" to hear me and some others on Facebook are not the only ones!!...
I hope HARDlight fix it soon because we're near half the Darkspine Event and we won't be able to unlock him and collect enough cards to level him up to 16!!...