Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

3 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

We've got as much information about this thing in a day than we have about Forces itself in months.

It's coming out and fully playable, so yeah.

According to Webber the renders are placeholder art; Sonic wouldn't be the only fan-render in there, since Nibroc's Omega render is also used. 

1 minute ago, NoKaine said:

Or it's an older render.

There's a few differences in the model itself that tip me off somewhat to it likely being fanmade. Subtle stuff, but it's there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Downloaded it and am playing now on an iPhone 5S. It's basically Dash but this time it's Forces themed.

• Thumbs Up 2

The RNG for the level maps seems to be broken or I'm missing something - I keep playing through the same basic map. Like, the layout is identical each time.

So far I've unlocked Amy (Speed 9/10) and am have halfway unlocked Charmy and Vector.

1 minute ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Looks neat.
So.....Guess we'll get this instead of the usual 3ds Port then?

That was Dimps thing, and we haven't heard anything from them since Lost World.

It does kinda suck though, because I just do not care about mobile games. But SEGA's already said before that mobile is one of their big sources of revenue, so I think that SEGA's going to pretty much abandon the 3DS.

It seems like the only people left making 3DS games that are worthwhile are mostly veterans of the system(s). Indies have given up on the system, and are mostly going for the Vita and the Switch. It pretty much leaves studios like Capcom making the Monster Hunter games and Mercury Steam with Metroid: Samus Returns, etc. etc.

I hate to say that the 3DS is dying, because I just bought into the system and god do I miss having a true proper gaming experience on a mobile device, but that looks like that's the case.

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

The RNG for the level maps seems to be broken or I'm missing something - I keep playing through the same basic map. Like, the layout is identical each time.

I guess you unlock new stages as you level up if BlueParax's tweet is to go by.

1 minute ago, Bobnik said:

I guess you unlock new stages as you level up if BlueParax's tweet is to go by.

I just raced on Sky Sanctuary, and it was different. But I went through Park Avenue a few times and it was unchanging.

So a mobile game made to help promote Forces... puts the extended cast to better use then the actual Forces game surely will? Wow... *Slow clap*

Anyways Sonic Dash 3: Forces Electric Googaloo Edition looks alright.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow. At a glance, this game doesn't have annoyingly forced IAPs. But on closer inspection, you're expected to pay with Red Rings for the prizes you win! So atthe end of a race, you get your victory chests. You have to pay (or wait several hours) to get those prizes.