Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

Collapsed pillars you have to jump over, upright pillars you have to sidestep, fences you have to slide under...

....it's not much, but if the City Heights/Sunset Heights modern Sonic level from the main game actually had (more) stuff like this, that would certainly help that level feel a lot more interactive and challenging than what it currently is. 

I wish the characters were playable in the actual game of Sonic Forces. I want to actually be in control of them, instead of just swiping a touch screen left and right.

We're paying $40 bucks for a new game, with only 3 characters, yet a f2p mobile game has so many characters playable?! What a rip off!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

We're paying $40 bucks for a new game, with only 3 characters, yet a f2p mobile game has so many characters playable?! What a rip off!

And I thought judging a game's price on its perceived quality was a bit much.

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I want other characters to be playable in the main series too, but this is without a doubt the shittiest argument I've ever heard.

• Thumbs Up 7

46 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

That was Dimps thing, and we haven't heard anything from them since Lost World.

It does kinda suck though, because I just do not care about mobile games. But SEGA's already said before that mobile is one of their big sources of revenue, so I think that SEGA's going to pretty much abandon the 3DS.

It seems like the only people left making 3DS games that are worthwhile are mostly veterans of the system(s). Indies have given up on the system, and are mostly going for the Vita and the Switch. It pretty much leaves studios like Capcom making the Monster Hunter games and Mercury Steam with Metroid: Samus Returns, etc. etc.

I hate to say that the 3DS is dying, because I just bought into the system and god do I miss having a true proper gaming experience on a mobile device, but that looks like that's the case.

I hated the 3ds ports anyways, they looked bad, and played poorly compared to the hd games. Now with the Switch, handheld owners can finally get handheld Sonic games that don't feel like watered down ports, since it's basicially a modern console with handheld functionality.

7 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Making a bunch of skins for a simple mobile game is a lot easier than actually representing different characters' abilities in a full scale game.

Why can't they do the same for Forces? Skins would be the next best thing. Cosplaying avatars isn't the same as actually controlling the 3d model of a character.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Why can't they do the same for Forces? Skins would be the next best thing. Cosplaying avatars isn't the same as actually controlling the 3d model of a character.

...You do realise you're still not getting what you want? 

You are just playing as Sonic wearing a *insert name here* disguise.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, SpongicX said:

I hated the 3ds ports anyways, they looked bad, and played poorly compared to the hd games. Now with the Switch, handheld owners can finally get handheld Sonic games that don't feel like watered down ports, since it's basicially a modern console with handheld functionality.

Thing is, the Switch isn't really a suitable replacement for the 3DS. It's too big, it can't fit in a pocket, the battery life is too poor for the games its intended to played with, as a PC gamer I find the performance really unimpressive, so forth so on.

For all of its faults, I'd be more than OK if Dimps were finally allowed to have their own creativity on a title again for a 3DS title.

1 minute ago, shdowhunt60 said:

It's too big, it can't fit in a pocket, the battery life is too poor for the games its intended to played with

I have a Switch and on average it lasts longer than the 2DS, especially in sleep mode! 

I am very much looking forward to the most ambitious portable Sonic title ever created. 

Just now, memoryman3 said:

I have a Switch and on average it lasts longer than the 2DS, especially in sleep mode! 

I find that claim dubious. My N3DSXL has easily powered through plane trips, gaming continuously.

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

...You do realise you're still not getting what you want? 

You are just playing as Sonic wearing a *insert name here* disguise.

It's still better than nothing. Better than having to get the pc versions, and keep swapping between mods. Past Sonic games had multiple playable characters, even fan games have multiple characters, I'm sick of Sega teasing the fans. They are so against having the characters in the main games, yet only use them for minor mobile games. It gets annoying.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, shdowhunt60 said:

I find that claim dubious. My N3DSXL has easily powered through plane trips, gaming continuously.

Nah, 3DS lasts only a day long in sleep mode. Switch can last an entire two weeks or so, in my experience.

I mean it's battery is several times larger, and it doesn't feature any streetcars capabilities, so it's not that unbelievable I'd think...

Which is why you turn off Streetpass. It's a leech to the battery life, and frankly rather pointless.

And yes, the Switch's battery is larger, but so is its demands for power consumption. So the end result is that you only get 2 1/2 to 3 hours of gaming on battery when you're actually playing games like BotW.

Once again, I can play 5 hours continuously on a 3DS. Even longer if I turn down the screen brightness to the absolute minimum, which is completely viable in settings like a plane trip.

That doesn't ignore also that the 3DS is something that's actually pocketable. Hell, the N3DSXL pretty much is the absolute limit of what you can jam into a pocket. You can't really do that with a Switch.

The Switch indeed has its place. But it's not a viable replacement for a 3DS, there's the Switch simply has its failings as a portable system.

I'd take reskins over nothing too... However a better choice would be to just replace classic Sonic and the Avatar in Sonic Forces with Tails/Knuckles and then treat the 3 characters as Speed/Fly/Power gameplay bases and have any other characters be gameplay clones of them with other very minor moves added on top. Basically like Sonic Heroes except you only play as 1 character at a time.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

DJjRV3bXgAAv2vh.thumb.jpg.27511630c6a4535674dba508c68ee8dd.jpg

Omega is in, awesome. We also know Silver's in the game, though he's not present here, so don't lose hope just yet, Blaze fans.

• Thumbs Up 3

29 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Which is why you turn off Streetpass. It's a leech to the battery life, and frankly rather pointless.

And yes, the Switch's battery is larger, but so is its demands for power consumption. So the end result is that you only get 2 1/2 to 3 hours of gaming on battery when you're actually playing games like BotW.

Once again, I can play 5 hours continuously on a 3DS. Even longer if I turn down the screen brightness to the absolute minimum, which is completely viable in settings like a plane trip.

That doesn't ignore also that the 3DS is something that's actually pocketable. Hell, the N3DSXL pretty much is the absolute limit of what you can jam into a pocket. You can't really do that with a Switch.

The Switch indeed has its place. But it's not a viable replacement for a 3DS, there's the Switch simply has its failings as a portable system.

I have a new 3ds XL, and it isn't very pocketable. It makes my pants heavy, and can easily slip out. Regardless, neither my 3ds or switch are convenient for pocket travel. I like my Switch carrying case better, it's smaller, and does a great job at protecting my system, joy cons, and carries up to 4 games and 2 micro sd cards. 

3ds systems get bad with age, the d pad and buttons start getting stuck, which can really mess up gameplay. I've never had this problem with other consoles or controllers, but I've had a 3ds, 3ds XL, and New 3ds XL, and they've all gotten stiff over the years.

I do agree that the 3ds lasts longer power wise, but I've honestly outgrown the 3ds. I loved it at first, but I got so sick of the console's limitations, and fuzzy graphics. It annoyed me how I loved the Wii U better, only for Nintendo to keep sucking up to the 3ds, and how they kept making low quality ports of Wii U games with extra features, without  improving the Wii U versions as well. 

Heck, I would have preferred not getting handheld versions of Hyrule Warriors, SSB,  and Mario & Sonic, and would have rather gotten the games on Wii U with more content, instead of splitting and dividing the content between a low quality console and an hd console that was more capable of having more content than a handheld.

Nintendo finally made a console that can do both. They finally have an hd console that can be used as a handheld, there is no need to make watered down ports for a handheld anymore, yet they're still doing it for Fire Emblem Warriors for some strange  reason. Many people complained that SSB for Wii U seemed to lack additional content, and I personally blame the 3ds for that. Nintendo could have put more in the Wii U version, but they didn't want 3ds owners to whine about exclusive content, and made the Wii U version feel a bit lacking because of it.

That Omega render looks SOOOOOOO GOOD AND CRISP.

It must've been a long time since the cast have gotten new 3D renders cause some of them such as Rouge, Espio, Charmy look pretty different.

There's something wrong with Tails' ears though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I find it interesting that Sonic Runners Adventure kinda hinted to this sort of character presence. Sonic, Chaotix and Dark were the teams in that one, and they're the only teams here too (with Amy and Silver outliers). 

Can anybody guess what tails is trying to tell you? Lol.

Espio looks more like his classic incarnation.

3 hours ago, A_W said:

The iTunes page has a new screenshot which seems to show Sonic launching a fireball at Shadow.

392x696bb.jpg

GAH WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT. I'm not the only one who thinks he looks soulless here, right?

Edit: The way the description's worded makes it sound like this is exclusively a multiplayer game. I'll be quite disappointed if that's the case.

So Sonic now has one of Mario's iconic moves.

23 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

Get your free renders today, everybody! Hopefully Sega releases them in a higher resolution, since all of those characters here were snubbed in Generations.

DJjRV3bXgAAv2vh.thumb.jpg.27511630c6a4535674dba508c68ee8dd.jpg

Jeez Charmy, what are you trying to tell us?

Disappointed there are no character-specific power-ups/abilities after all. That was handled better in Jump Fever and Dash Boom.

If we can get Cream, Big, and Metal Sonic (Why not? Shadow's here) too, that'd be just great.

Maybe throw in Sticks and Mephiles for laughs. With mobile phone Sonic games, anything goes.