Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

The screenshots show the characters at different positions in the levels, and the title is "Sonic Forces: Speed Battle"... it's probably just a basic endless runner, but maybe it's also a multiplayer racing game in the form of a Dash sequel?

Either way it's a mobile Sonic game that actually looks gorgeous for once, so sign me up on that alone, lol. Hopefully it's made by Sonic Team like the original Runners was, going by the polish put into the aesthetic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Given the name and appearance, I could see this playing where you're racing but ultimately need to win first place by knocking out opponent.

Maybe you increase speed via rings, hitting hazards makes you lose some rings thus slowing you down but won't fully stop you. Getting hit with zero rings either stops you temporarily or perhaps lose the race in single player. Given the battle nature I imagine there's some Sonic Rivals in here with the items where you're playing the attack/defense game while you're gunning for the finish line.

If it runs well this could be pretty fun, and a harmless Forces tie-in if nothing else. Hell, maybe even offer some unlockable costume bits for the avatar in the main game if they want more worth in the connection. Just don't do the Boom 3DS to Wii U thing and it's all good.

> Green Hill is in Forces

> Chemical Plant is mentioned, might be a level

> Rumoured mobile tie-in shows Sky Sanctuary

...We're sure that Forces isn't Generations 2, right?

Eh, could be interesting. From the images, it looks like a multiplayer version of Sonic Dash. Possibly a 'replacement' of sorts for Dash 2: Sonic Boom?

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

Eh, could be interesting. From the images, it looks like a multiplayer version of Sonic Dash. Possibly a 'replacement' of sorts for Dash 2: Sonic Boom?

Mania Spoilers

Spoiler

Both Green Hill and Chemica Plant are in Mania, along with other 6 old levels.

And yet Forces is the one which should be called Generations 2?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 3

3 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

Crisis City, City Escape, and Planet Wisp will show up at this rate lol

2 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Mania Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

This is the game with Classic and Modern going through reimagined 2D and 3D versions of stages so...

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Mania Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Mania really is Generations 2. It also has equally flat and irrelevant new antagonists, and a strange MacGuffin, and roles outside the "GENESIS RAW CARTRIDGE" cast are cameos only (Metal Sonic is considered a species (with all other Sonic robots) as opposed to a distinct character), and Classic is fairly cutesy (though less so than in Generations).

1 minute ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Of one stage so far. Just bevause it's here it doesn't mean it will be in the main game.

Not sure why it would put random stages not from the game it's advertising in when all the other stages are from it, but k.

and still uses the gameplay system from generations even if all the stages were new, the comparison is still more adaptable to Forces than Mania.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm not bothered by Green Hill in a mobile game, like whatever. It's obviously just taken from Forces anyhow.

The idea that it means that those levels are in Forces, including Sky Sanctuary, which was already in Generations, does however.

Speed Battle looks pretty good, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Mania Spoilers

Hide contents

Oh, it's noticeable in that game too, especially since they're the first two levels, respectively. But Sky Sanctuary here looks exactly like it did in Generations, and it has me worried that we'll be seeing more returning levels in Forces, with next-to-zero difference from Gens.

10 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Crisis City, City Escape, and Planet Wisp will show up at this rate lol

City Heights/Park Avenue might as well be an amalgamation of the first two, and some of the locations during the 'Enter Infinite' trailer started reminding me of Planet Wisp. I'm really hoping that we don't see (m)any more classic stages, and we get something new.

6 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Of one stage so far. Just bevause it's here it doesn't mean it will be in the main game.

Indeed, it hasn't been confirmed yet. But seeing it appear in this mobile tie-in does still have me worried that it may very well appear.

• Thumbs Up 1

The visuals are pleasing to my eyesockets (especially for mobile standards), if nothing else, and a Sonic Dash with online multiplayer sounds like a neat concept. But having a good concept and executing that concept well are two very different things.

Most of Sonic's endless runners just kind of "happen" (Dash 2 hasn't had an update in two years, and I don't even need to mention Runners Adventure), so I don't expect this to really go anywhere once Forces is all said and done.

• Thumbs Up 2

The iTunes page has a new screenshot which seems to show Sonic launching a fireball at Shadow.

392x696bb.jpg

GAH WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT. I'm not the only one who thinks he looks soulless here, right?

Edit: The way the description's worded makes it sound like this is exclusively a multiplayer game. I'll be quite disappointed if that's the case.

Edited by A_W
  • Thumbs Up 1