Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

22 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Speed Battle's whole thing is that everyone is an illusion, so I guess they decided they had free reign to go all out. 

Which I can definitely appreciate and hope is a type of mindset that can lead to more inclusive games in the future.

EDIT: You know graphics have evolved when this thumbnail managed to fool me for a second.

maxresdefault.jpg

Today I removed this game from my phone.

I was 28th in the world chart, with about 5415 trophies, more or less. The game cursed me again, once again.

When the game curses me, it makes me unable to gain trophies. I will always lose, even if I win a couple of races, the game will make me lose all the trophies I win in the next few ones. Other players lag a lot more, my attacks become ineffective (opponents go through my attacks without being hit), enemy traps appear into my character without any way to react, input become less reactive and occasionally the game makes different movements than the input you do (you say jump and the game goes left instead, for example), forcing you into an obstacle or a trap. When I'm cursed, the opponents are faster than me even if they have player level and character level lower than mine; and if I outrun them somehow, they start teleporting close to me, or they stop me with one of those unavoidable traps. When I'm cursed, 90% of the times I take a center power-up, it's a shield instead of a boost, despite I'm 4th.

So, I have enough. This game is unfair, it makes me rage a lot. I don't care anymore, I lost a lot of progresses and stuff, I was in the prestigue chart and all, but I don't care. I don't want to be fooled by this game and its annoying advertising anymore.

I'll never play any other SEGA mobile game, never.

Thank you for ruining my past few months, SEGA and Hardlight.

P.S.: if you want to know who I was, I changed my name a few times... I was Iko, then I changed it to Ser Czz, then THISGAMEISTRASH (during another curse), and at the end I changed it to  |||||||||||||||. Currently, I changed it again to <retired>, and I deleted the game from my phone. Since I was not connected to the cloud, there's no way I can recover the save data, so the player <retired> will not gain any more points, and will soon disappear from the charts. (before deleting the game, I was at 5300 trophies, don't know if I was still in the world chart or not, I raged so much that I didn't care to check).

This is the proof that I was in the prestigue chart: the first picture is my placement in the prestigue chart at the end of season 1, the second is the same thing but at the end of season 2 (it's not updated, other players were added after, and my actual placement was something around 70/80, can't remember); the third picture is my best placement in the world chart, before the game cursed me once again.

Spoiler

season1.png.7a6f0aa70ecb721b5d206555ff8a5d03.pngseason2.png.fd11e3ae9e1a3891e528d97d35cd35b4.png279546362_bestplacement.png.bc54f10d56dccdf731b7c27f0e83f9b7.png

• 1 month later...

So the only three characters left from Rio are Eggman, Nega, and Sticks. Given Eggman isn't playable yet, I doubt Nega will be added beforehand. Sticks has a usable model from Sonic Boom 2, making me think the hold up with her might be a reluctance to use Boom material in general, especially after the teaser that resembled Boom Sonic never went anywhere.

Could still show up at some point of course.

Wave's been added (Rare rank), and there are two "new" tracks: Pyramid Valley R and Celestial Skyway R.

This game's starting its own mirror mode of sorts, except here you're running across tracks backwards! Managed to try the Sky Sanctuary one, and it's a neat little gimmick.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On 9/5/2018 at 3:37 PM, VEDJ-F said:

Anyways, Wave the Swallow was just announced, with a new move called Wrench Rush. 

Storm later or riot. 

Yeah, poor guy seems rather easy to overlook and by left out.

Is anyone else getting a constant Server Maintenance message? I haven't been able to play the game for four days now, every time I start it, it says it's doing maintenance.

6 minutes ago, Nestor said:

Is anyone else getting a constant Server Maintenance message? I haven't been able to play the game for four days now, every time I start it, it says it's doing maintenance.

Nope. It's been absolutely fine. Are you on the latest version?

16 minutes ago, Nestor said:

I thought I was - it isn't giving me any options to update it in game or in the appstore.

Remove it and redownload it then? I'm not sure what to suggest. I'm playing on iPhone, just for the record.

17 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Remove it and redownload it then? I'm not sure what to suggest. I'm playing on iPhone, just for the record.

Guess so - it may be a thing affecting a number of people though, I just spotted a few negative reviews on the appstore saying it was in constant server maintenance. I'm on android, not sure if it's specific to that or just a random error.

EDIT: I contacted SEGA's support team and, somewhat worryingly, received the following feeback:

Hi [Nestor] 

Thank you for contacting SEGA Mobile Customer Support,

Unfortunately, the latest Amazon update is currently waiting to be released and this update needs to go out before you can connect to the server.

We do not have a time scale for when this is out.

Sorry for inconvenience

Many thanks
SEGA

Soooo.... they've just randomly disconnected all Amazon based games until they release the update.... for which they have no time scale. Another triumph for SEGA's strategic planning!

@Iko

On 8/4/2018 at 6:36 PM, Iko said:

I did the same months ago. Except I had the opposite problem. I was very bad at the game and I would rarely get first place. I raged quit the game. The character I liked to use was Charmy.

• Fist Bump 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bumpaboosh.

New announcement in game, limited time events coming to the game, also seems a new tier of character rarity will be brought in, the special tier. No hint on what future characters may be included though. 

4 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Bumpaboosh.

New announcement in game, limited time events coming to the game, also seems a new tier of character rarity will be brought in, the special tier. No hint on what future characters may be included though. 

The only candidates I can think of are Storm, Tikal, Infinite (Though he's probably better off as a boss) and maaayyyyybe Sticks, since Sonic Team seems to consider her fair-game for these offshoots.

Don't know if any of them but her qualify as "Special-ultimate-rarity", though. Maybe we're getting costume variants, like in Runners.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2018 at 3:36 AM, Iko said:

I was 28th in the world chart, with about 5415 trophies, more or less. The game cursed me again, once again.

When the game curses me, it makes me unable to gain trophies. I will always lose, even if I win a couple of races, the game will make me lose all the trophies I win in the next few ones. Other players lag a lot more, my attacks become ineffective (opponents go through my attacks without being hit), enemy traps appear into my character without any way to react, input become less reactive and occasionally the game makes different movements than the input you do (you say jump and the game goes left instead, for example), forcing you into an obstacle or a trap. When I'm cursed, the opponents are faster than me even if they have player level and character level lower than mine; and if I outrun them somehow, they start teleporting close to me, or they stop me with one of those unavoidable traps. When I'm cursed, 90% of the times I take a center power-up, it's a shield instead of a boost, despite I'm 4th.

So, I have enough. This game is unfair, it makes me rage a lot. I don't care anymore, I lost a lot of progresses and stuff, I was in the prestigue chart and all, but I don't care. I don't want to be fooled by this game and its annoying advertising anymore.

I'll never play any other SEGA mobile game, never.

Thank you for ruining my past few months, SEGA and Hardlight.

P.S.: if you want to know who I was, I changed my name a few times... I was Iko, then I changed it to Ser Czz, then THISGAMEISTRASH (during another curse), and at the end I changed it to  |||||||||||||||. Currently, I changed it again to <retired>, and I deleted the game from my phone. Since I was not connected to the cloud, there's no way I can recover the save data, so the player <retired> will not gain any more points, and will soon disappear from the charts. (before deleting the game, I was at 5300 trophies, don't know if I was still in the world chart or not, I raged so much that I didn't care to check).

This is the proof that I was in the prestigue chart: the first picture is my placement in the prestigue chart at the end of season 1, the second is the same thing but at the end of season 2 (it's not updated, other players were added after, and my actual placement was something around 70/80, can't remember); the third picture is my best placement in the world chart, before the game cursed me once again.

Reveal hidden contents

season1.png.7a6f0aa70ecb721b5d206555ff8a5d03.pngseason2.png.fd11e3ae9e1a3891e528d97d35cd35b4.png279546362_bestplacement.png.bc54f10d56dccdf731b7c27f0e83f9b7.png

You are right this game is cursed and unfair . 

• Thumbs Up 3

Damn straight, this games deliberately cheats me out of victory with lag and surprise! You got hit with a trap biotch! And 3 in a row sometimes!

I only waited for Season 7 to end and qualified for season rewards and then I quit. 

FOR GOOD. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, jgcatindig said:

Damn straight, this games deliberately cheats me out of victory with lag and surprise! You got hit with a trap biotch! And 3 in a row sometimes!

I only waited for Season 7 to end and qualified for season rewards and then I quit. 

FOR GOOD. 

Let's not forget how unbalanced some of the characters are . Hope Sega heroes do better in balancing the characters .

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm happy to see that I'm not alone at quitting this game.

It's so sad, the game's concept is awesome and the gameplay is very fun, though it's ruined by unbalanced stuff and the game cheating with lag and handicap/advantages to some players.

I wish a fair version of this game existed, because I like it, it's just that I can't play it for how unfair it is.

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

What does this even mean?

Screenshot_20181014-151447_SonicForces.jpg

I think the new character might be Zeena . I hope they add Rouge witch custome , gonna pay for it .