Awoo.

Sonic Forces Speed Battle (iOS - Hardlight Studio) | MT

MudHunter
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Forces (Speed Battle) only. Any new announcements (characters, events, etc) should be made in a separate topic.

45 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Cream finally gets her time to shine...in a low-key mobile spinoff, but still!

Tu De Madi Gras!

I'm glad Kirby has finally been added to Speed Battle!

CreamKirby.png.451e5be2c503fb944caccf1d97651b74.png

And I even spent 10/15 minutes of my life to make it...

Around february I returned to play this game, because I wanted to unlock Lunar Blaze (they recovered my save because I still had my player ID so I got all my progresses back!).

Despite how much I dislike the unfairness of this game, I like those special characters, so I decided to unlock them even if I don't care of the game anymore (unlocking them is pretty easy anyway, even if you missed some of them you just have to wait for the special event a couple of times and eventually you'll get enough cards to unlock everyone, as long as you have some red star rings to spend into it; all you have to do is play a bit every day and be patient).

I'm glad Cream is finally getting some attentions; it appears that there will be 2 events for special Cream, the next one will start the week after the end of this one and there will be some eggs to find additionally to the regular "missions".

About the outfit, I was kinda hoping for something more creative, they basically just edited her default dress and gave her a hat (compared to the other special characters who all got completely original stuff)... but she still looks nice and anyway better this than nothing (I think they improved the render compared to the default one, I think there is something off in the regular Cream render, especially with the face).

The fact that the outfit is so similar to her default one makes me think of a "super form" more than a costume XD

I bet the next special character will be this summer and it will be the last one, then they will loop back with Halloween... in the meanwhile, they'll probably add 2 more super rare characters since it seems each rarity level is going to get 8 characters and super rares are still missing 2 slots (I may be wrong though).

If we're getting 2 more super rares, I hope for Infinite and Gmerl, while for the summer special character I hope it's Surfer Jet.

1 hour ago, Iko said:

I'm glad Kirby has finally been added to Speed Battle!

CreamKirby.png.451e5be2c503fb944caccf1d97651b74.png

And I even spent 10/15 minutes of my life to make it...

:lol:  

1 hour ago, Iko said:

I'm glad Cream is finally getting some attentions; it appears that there will be 2 events for special Cream, the next one will start the week after the end of this one and there will be some eggs to find additionally to the regular "missions".

About the outfit, I was kinda hoping for something more creative, they basically just edited her default dress and gave her a hat (compared to the other special characters who all got completely original stuff)... but she still looks nice and anyway better this than nothing (I think they improved the render compared to the default one, I think there is something off in the regular Cream render, especially with the face).

The fact that the outfit is so similar to her default one makes me think of a "super form" more than a costume XD

Yeah, that is kinda funny.

Though it does arguably fall into the problem of making her look like she's overall a single color, turquoise bands aside.

1 hour ago, Iko said:

If we're getting 2 more super rares, I hope for Gmerl, while for the summer special character I hope it's Surfer Jet.

Ooh, that would be pretty cool touches.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...

Since the wiki is incomplete about this:

Sonic Forces Speed Battle
special characters level up requirements

| ring     | card |
01|         0|   300|
02|     1.000|    30|
03|     5.000|    60|
04|    15.000|    90|
05|    30.000|   120|
06|    60.000|   150|
07|   100.000|   180|
08|   150.000|   210|
09|   200.000|   240|
10|   250.000|   270|
11|   300.000|   300|
12|   400.000|   350|
13|   500.000|   400|
14|   600.000|   450|
15|   800.000|   500|
16| 1.000.000|   600|
======= total =======
  | 4.411.000| 4.250|

You need 4.411.000 rings and 4.250 cards in order to max out a special character.

I recently maxed out Spring Cream (without spending a cent), thanks to the fact that the easter event was broken and allowed me to grind way more cards than they expected, though usually it's pretty much impossible.

The recent Reaper Metal Sonic event is also giving out many cards, though they are not enough to max the character because the rewards can give you Metal Sonic, Shadow or Rouge, while during the Cream event everything gave you Cream cards only (also because I have less than half the red rings I had during the Cream event). so I suppose I'll collect about 1.500 cards at best... but that's not the issue.

The problem is that I had to grind for almost a year in order to max a special character, despite having all the cards already since around Easter (less only because I had many rings already from the start, and because I exploited a ring event this summer grinding up about 500.000 rings in few days thanks to a trick that allowed me to grind the equivalent of a full additional day of rings - not a cheat, more a planning error on their side, they made the event end a couple of hour after the day reset, and I grinded the 25 daily chests in that time).

If each character is supposed to have a special version, that's 22 special characters, and in order to max out all of them you'd need about 20 years of playing, and I'm sure there are better things in life to spend time into.

• So, if you are planning to buy the caveau key, think about this first... it's likely not worth.

By the way, after almost 2 years of playing this game (even though I left it for a whie), I reached the conclusion that it's not real multiplayer, the opponents are bots based on the profiles of the other players (favorite character, level, and stuff).

So if you notice that they have an unnatural behavior and do impossible things, or they seem to almost always target you and never themselves, it's because you are not playing against human players but bots.

Since it's likely all managed server-side, I suppose it's impossible to cheat. Though, some days ago, I met a player named "GOD" who was like ten times faster than any other player despite being underleveled (it literally disappeared at the horizon right after the start of the race, it was INCREDIBLY faster than any regular opponent). I think that was another of those systems to make you lose points unfairly, like the fake connection problems or the fake input/camera problems this game already simulated in the past (and occasionally still do... recently it happend that I had to make a full race in isometric view... too accurate to be a glitch).

I remember before seasons were a thing, that "GOD" was the first player in the chart, the only one with a score above 6.000 when everyone else was stuck at 6.000 as maximum. So it's probably a joke of the developers or something... it can't be a cheater and especially it's a recurring thing.

28 minutes ago, Iko said:

By the way, after almost 2 years of playing this game (even though I left it for a whie), I reached the conclusion that it's not real multiplayer, the opponents are bots based on the profiles of the other players (favorite character, level, and stuff).

So if you notice that they have an unnatural behavior and do impossible things, or they seem to almost always target you and never themselves, it's because you are not playing against human players but bots.

I've actually been wondering about this for a really long time. I've tried to do some research on whether or not you get matched up with actual people and couldn't really find anything. I myself was suspicious of the opponents I've went up against but some races take an incredibly long time to start and sometimes I'm so far ahead of the pack I always figure I'm up against baby cpu's. Sometimes a racer or two won't even finish so I always assumed those were the bots they just used to fill in 4 players. But I really don't know. Your theory makes a lot of sense though.

If anyone has any insight on whether it's actually multiplayer or you're just put up against bots I'd love to hear what others think.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Wait, if they aren't real, then why do some drop out?

I'm not completely sure of that, it's just my assumption, though the behavior of the opponents (and the fact that you find some specific players online at any hours of the day) often makes me think of that.

The way the players play is very influenced by the rubberbanding effect, they change speed at will depending on your actions, and they seem to only target you with the attacks (they occasionally hit each other, but it's accidental, they still seem to always target you). Zazz follows your movements precisely even though it would be impossible for the player in front of you to see you behind; other players also follow your movements when they want to stop you from catching items and rings from the stage; they move exactly where you move, without even a reaction time, they move instantly with you, and that's impossible for a human playing through Internet with lag. Sometimes, players teleport into you when they have a boost that does damage and want to hit you at any cost. And more.

I don't know why sometimes players disconnect; it may be an error of the server or maybe the game wants you to win some trophies and removes some opponents to force you to win. In some older versions of the game, it was possible to find races with less than 4 opponents from the start; in the recent versions this never happens, and if anything, they disconnect later during the race. Often players that disconnect become ghosts and run very fast without dodging the obstacles, they become first place, and you will recieve many boost items because the game thinks you are behind. They disappear at the goal and their position is not counted, but as a result, you will run away very fast from the actual opponents and will easily win the race. Disconnecting opponents are rare anyway.

That's all assumption based on my personal experience with the game, so I have no evidence, it's just a theory, but I'm pretty confident in it.

I find it absolutely gross that they are so money grabbing that it takes 4.5 million gold rings to max out just one special character, especially with how quickly they release these characters. To top it off, the new Tails Vault feature does nothing but speed up the process of getting cards, which means you’re that more likely to be tempted to make enormous in-app purchases because realistically you’ll be playing the game until the day you die just trying to earn enough rings organically. I enjoy this game but am honestly repulsed by the sheer cost of everything. They need to do something to make getting rings easier, because before the special characters were a thing, it was very uncommon to really ever run out of rings. My fiancé played the game before the specials were added, and he never once had to make any kind of gold ring purchase, which is fair in my opinion, since red rings alone are a huge necessity and those cost more than enough already. Honestly, mobile games that reward so little while charging this much are a cancer, and it’s a shame to see Sonic associated with this kind of business practice. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

It amazing that they added Zeena to Sonic Forces SB hope this means their going to start adding her to more games. 

forces_zeena_001.jpg

Well, where Olympics and Team Racing fails. IOS game delivers. This is officially Sonic game with most playable characters (23 + 13 costumes). Hooray?

I still would prefer Infinite, Eggman or even Sticks, but I'm just happy that game keeps updating. The more the merrier, let's get all Zeti in. And Werehog, Mighty, Ray, Tikal. Emerl, do I dare to dream? (I know, small chances for anyone without fresh 3D model).

• Thumbs Up 1

I unlocked Zeena today. This marks the first time she's been playable I believe. While the Deadly Six aren't my favorite set of characters (I also would prefer any and all of the characters MetalSkulkBane mentioned) I like them enough to be interested in them coming here, and it's certainly more interesting than all of the costume characters we've gotten since they added Storm (I like the new costumes too, but it's not the same).

But yeah, for Forces' tie-in game to still be receiving support and new content over two years after Forces itself came out is pretty cool. Certainly shows there's a user base besides me still playing it lol.

7 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

It amazing that they added Zeena to Sonic Forces SB hope this means their going to start adding her to more games. 

forces_zeena_001.jpg

Wow. That's actually pretty well timed.

I would've expected Zor or Master Zik otherwise, but I see the significance of picking her instead. 

Looks like they made her a Speed Type too. 

I unlocked her as well, she's at level 2 with like 40 cards so far; I'm not leveling up her yet because I'm focusing on the rare characters first (I only need to max out the Babylon Rogues then I'm done, I have some cards but I need more rings).

I'm still playing this game for the characters, they are doing an awesome job with them and their special versions. The game is annoying and frustrating, I hate it, but it has all the characters I like, and it's the only game that let me play as them (in a "platformer", not in a car or doing sports).

Please Sega, give me an alternative so I can abandon this game, I can't wait to forget of it forever.

(For the final Super Rare slot I hope for Gemerl, but I know it's gonna be Infinite or a new character from the next main game).

• 1 month later...

Got a new phone a few weeks ago and downloaded this game. Played it once and haven't gotten back to it.

Now I have movie Sonic on my further Homescreen. 

What

Why.

...okay, I know why. But they could at least call him "movie Sonic". Sonic is already a teen.

17 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

But they could at least call him "movie Sonic". Sonic is already a teen.

I hereby suggest modern Sonic to be from now on called "Old ass Sonic with weird, beige colored arms".

4 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

What

Why.

...okay, I know why. But they could at least call him "movie Sonic". Sonic is already a teen.

Gawd!!

Looks like they were gonna put in Thrash and fucked up halfway through.

On 12/14/2019 at 5:56 PM, Iko said:

I'm still playing this game for the characters, they are doing an awesome job with them and their special versions. The game is annoying and frustrating, I hate it, but it has all the characters I like, and it's the only game that let me play as them (in a "platformer", not in a car or doing sports).

Please Sega, give me an alternative so I can abandon this game, I can't wait to forget of it forever.

-They did good job everyone except Rouge , her kit is pure garbage .

- there Sonic at the Olympic mobile game , which is I think it will include all characters .

18 hours ago, Gumbit said:

-They did good job everyone except Rouge , her kit is pure garbage .

- there Sonic at the Olympic mobile game , which is I think it will include all characters .

Well, the Olympic Games one falls under the "doing sport" category... Speed Battle* feels kinda like a platformer because you jump over pits, dodge stuff and all... I'm not sure I would enjoy sport minigames... but if this means getting rid of loot boxes, unfair cheats and frustration, I may think about it. I was about to leave Speed Battle already this month, but the new stage made me change my mind... I'm gonna abandon it sooner or later anyway, it's just a matter of time... the game is not fun anymore, especially now that the controls became even more unresponsive.

For sure I will stay away from anything made by Hardlight Studio after the bad experience with Sonic Forces Speed Battle.

I was refering more to the roster of playable characters and the designs of the special versions, some are very cool. Gameplay wise there are a lot of bad characters, not just Rouge, also Amy and some others... and some specials too... the baseball themed ones have a very bad boost that forces you to follow a specific path, and offcourse it will be filled with traps so that you have to skip some bases and get less boost... or the Chinese new year characters, who have that fireworks bomb that 90% of the times is used by the game against you (the shockwave will hit you as well, and as usual, it will slow you down more than the opponents, making it a suicide move... all the game has to do is make it so that an opponent is near you when you use it, and trust me, it will happen even if you try to be super careful). Even Spring Cream who people say it's overpowered, it's not that good instead... she can destroy you when it's an opponent (I believe opponents are CPUs by the way), but when you play as her, it's way less effective, and it's very easy to hit yourself, especially when the game ignores or misreads your input, something that happens pretty often recently... when the game really hates you, in some rare cases, it will spawn a wall of plants that will cover all the lanes including the one you are in, forcing you to hit yourself (very rare but happens) And I have her at level 16, it changes nothing.

*it's not even called Speed Battle anymore, it's just Sonic Forces, but I said it to avoid confusion with the console game.

On 2/15/2020 at 9:36 AM, The Famous Sonic said:

I wonder why it's not called Speed Battle anymore? 

Maybe it's because it's the only thing related to Forces that is good.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't wait for addition of new characters. And after Baby Sonic and Teen Sonic, there is only one logical next step:

Spoiler

image.png.15c40537b6aaee87e827a4073f35c8fb.png Handsome Sonic

• Chuckle 1

• 4 weeks later...